PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows - Do yours rattle too?

Rupewrecht
05-04-2002, 01:58 PM
i've noticed more and more lately that my windows rattle and squeak when partially open. if i just flick them up a tiny bit it usually stops.

is this a symptom of the framesless windows? anyone else have this problem? and if so, have you fixed it, and how?

cheers,
Daniel

BigMal
05-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Mine does it as well if the windows are 3/4 up. I just put
it down to years of abuse with a rock hard suspension.
So I just drive with the window fully down. Believe its
the runners at the back of the door which holds the glass
getting a bit worn.

Glad to see I am not the only one. Sorry for you.

regards

Mal

mrpayner
05-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Yep, I've got that problem too. I thought it may have been the result of having my windows tinted (they were like it when I bought it) but usually a little flick of the switch fixes the problem. However, I love having frameless windows and it's going to be a factor I'm taking into account when buying my next car (maybe a Suby Liberty RX!!)

tim
06-05-2003, 11:50 PM
very late reply but i'm glad i'm not the only one with the problem.

i like having the windows down a bit, but the rattles are annoying

ABC
07-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Yep, same problem. Window rattles around all over the place when between 3/4 and 1/4 down. They look kinda funny when they're there anyway so I usually either have them up, just a tiny bit open or the whole way. :D

Dogo
07-05-2003, 09:36 AM
everything in my car rattles, damn stereo.

But I've never really noticed the windows rattling.
I do however sometimes get the front-passenger side window not going in properly when i close the door.
it sometimes sits on the outer side on the door frame, at the top. rather than clipping underneath. If that makes any sense.

Does any1 else get that ?

ABC
07-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Can't say I've ever had that sort of problem. Then again, don't tend to get in the passenger side all that often either. :D

MrShadow
07-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Apparantly, rattley windows is a common "feature" among most Mazda low-end family cars. And, yes, mine do rattle. :roll:

Rupewrecht
07-05-2003, 10:45 AM
i'd say it's more because a) they're frameless and b) they're getting worn

and because of assclown passengers that use the windows to shut the door *sigh*

Dogo
07-05-2003, 04:32 PM
and because of assclown passengers that use the windows to shut the door

yeh i hate hate HATE that :)

Toyboy
07-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah mine rattle 2 when down slightly :roll: Guess its something we have to live with :wink:

MrShadow
07-05-2003, 06:04 PM
hehe, I make it quite clear, that if they f@#k the window by closing the door with it, they pay for it. And I've been told, by a reliable source, that it is NOT a cheap fix. (Read 4 figures)

mrpayner
07-05-2003, 07:05 PM
and because of assclown passengers that use the windows to shut the door *sigh*

Damn hippies! I find that quite annoying too.. :evil: Thankfully my car is usually just a one man show!

Adam

Trav
09-05-2003, 11:31 AM
and because of assclown passengers that use the windows to shut the door

yeh i hate hate HATE that :)

me too !!!

Only little rattels fo me, but I don't generally drive with window half down - I like to think my windows are like my accellerator - digital, you know on or off (open/closed)

My passenger window does not go up smoothly though. Instead of running straingt up, it goes up on a bit of an angle and only locks in properly when it gets to the top and makeas a bit of a crack sound...I just use that lovley littel switch that doesn't let the passengers operate their windows :)

kyra
09-05-2003, 10:03 PM
mine rattle a bit too... only if they are open 1-2 inches from the top...if halfway down, no rattles... very annoying at times!!
if anybody has any info, post it up for all of us...

cheers,
Bill

bRaDiNhO
10-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Mine are fine - no rattles! :lol:

Well..... no rattles from the windows, I'll just ignore the 30 or 40 other rattles. :wink:

Pattax
17-01-2010, 10:36 AM
People dont realise but you can actually break into BA's as a result of this. I have the same problem, the pillar-less window frames make the glass really in-secure

asanga
17-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Its a very expensive thing to fix as you have to buy the whole regulator mechanism from mazda ($300 +). Its been discussed here before. http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13500

Cosmo Dude
17-01-2010, 06:24 PM
People dont realise but you can actually break into BA's as a result of this. I have the same problem, the pillar-less window frames make the glass really in-secure

Its a very expensive thing to fix as you have to buy the whole regulator mechanism from mazda ($300 +). Its been discussed here before. http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13500

You two are aware that this thread was linked as an example becaues it is 'allegedly' the oldest thread on the board.