PDA

View Full Version : Boss Kit

sirex
25-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Just wondering what type of boss kit I need for my hardtop? Is there just a universal Mazda one? The one that fits Familia's will probably fit the Lantis right, if so I am sure I can source a second hand one of a gtx or something?

Cheers

pr1mo
26-08-2003, 03:01 PM
do you have an airbag?

if not just get an autotechnica one. thats what i did :)

cheers mike :)

BigMal
27-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Isn't it dependant on the steering wheel you have ??
Ala a momo boss for a momo wheel etc. FYI also Momo do make
a boss kit to run a airbag car with a non airbag momo steering wheel.

Regards

Mal

Cosmo Dude
27-08-2003, 06:43 PM
So the question is...
What steering wheel do you want?

Rod

pr1mo
28-08-2003, 10:30 PM
mal you are correct in what you are saying. there are 2 difrent PCD's that diffrent steering wheels take. thats the only differential when looking @ bosskits. so long as u get one that fits the splines of the astinas sterer shaft thingo u wont have any problems. the autotechnica is good as it has 2 universal PCD paterns making it cool for pretty much all steering wheels i have a momo wheel on an autotechnica boss no worries problems at all

cheers mike

pr1mo
28-08-2003, 10:31 PM
mal you are correct in what you are saying. there are 2 difrent PCD's that diffrent steering wheels take. thats the only differential when looking @ bosskits. so long as u get one that fits the splines of the astinas sterer shaft thingo u wont have any problems. the autotechnica is good as it has 2 universal PCD paterns making it cool for pretty much all steering wheels i have a momo wheel on an autotechnica boss no worries problems at all

cheers mike

sirex
31-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all that. This is something for me to action as soon as the finances are out of the red as driving my Lantis is like driving a flippin bus! I was thinking of buying a second hand momo wheel out of a legacy (something you guys in oz have bugger all of), as it is nice, smal and cheap.

pr1mo
01-09-2003, 02:23 PM
secondhand is the way togo with things like that so long as you can inspect them before your purchase :) my momo wheel was 2nd hand. some guy had it in his old peugot for 3 months until he blew it up. was in absolutley mint condition! so no dramas there :) saved $220 or so :)

Rupewrecht
20-10-2003, 05:13 PM
i finally put my wheel on today - an Isotta Evo wheel

http://hrdwrbob.net/mca/uploads/rupewrecht/astina_steeringwheel_on.JPG

the boss kit that came with it is really cool - it has an adjustable cover that joins really well over that little lip on the steering column cover and makes it look completely factory

http://hrdwrbob.net/mca/uploads/rupewrecht/astina_steeringwheel_hub.jpg

sik astina
20-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Nice looking wheel u got there danny boy. i been looking around for a while but nothing has court my eye yet ;) 8)

-Mick

sirex
20-10-2003, 06:30 PM
That suits your interior & gauges really well!

Keep up the good work :D

mrpayner
20-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Hey Dan.. the position where the factory clock is.. what have you got in there?

Oh.. and is the key in the igition being optimistic or reality? :lol:

AP

Rupewrecht
20-10-2003, 07:12 PM
in place of the factory clock i've got the Wolf3Ds hand controller screen - i just need to mod the buttons to fit a couple of gauges around where the heater controls were.

and no-one likes a smartass :P

JynX
20-10-2003, 08:19 PM
yeah they do!

Rupewrecht
20-10-2003, 08:22 PM
damned hatch drivers :P

JynX
20-10-2003, 08:30 PM
damn wannabe hatch drivers

Rupewrecht
20-10-2003, 08:36 PM
i'd rather be a wannabe than have a fat ass :P

your car - not you. just thought i'd better clarify that ..|.. ..|..

JynX
20-10-2003, 09:03 PM
sure sure... u cut me deep shrek...

driven ur car lately?

Rupewrecht
20-10-2003, 09:08 PM
as a matter of fact - YES! :P

it's not the point that it was only 20 metres :roll:

pr1mo
20-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Nice looking wheel u got there danny boy. i been looking around for a while but nothing has court my eye yet ;) 8)

-Mick

have a chat to tony he might have something that interests you :P

sik astina
21-10-2003, 06:27 PM
:shock: thanks pr1mo. will do

MartyE
28-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Isn't it dependant on the steering wheel you have ??
Ala a momo boss for a momo wheel etc. FYI also Momo do make
a boss kit to run a airbag car with a non airbag momo steering wheel.

Regards

Mal

Hey guys.

I'm from Tassie and a proud owner of a '97 323 Astina.

Just recently put a set of ROH Fury 17" alloys on and looking at doing the suspension from the PDF you guys suppied!

In regards to the boss kit that will allow an airbag, how much is it and does it have to be professionally fitted or can anyone do it?? I'm interested in getting a different steering wheel. The standard ones get a bit boring after a while!!

regards

Marty