PDA

View Full Version : Kitty & Aaron Meet Tuesday 23rd October 7.30pm-ish

KittyKatSmack
16-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi fellow crow eaters,

We've been talking in another thread about meeting up with the AGT SA contingent next week so I thought I'd post it up where everyone can see it.

Aaron's plane lands at 7pm so give us half an hour to ensure there is no lost luggage or delays, then we can all meet up.

We'll probably want food by then, so somewhere we can grab a bite to eat but not so noisy that we have to shout at each other ;)

It has been suggested "the bay" so I'm hoping that is the Glenelg area.
We're staying in Glenelg on the Tuesday night & doing the family thing on Wednesday night. Thursday see's us driving towards Melbourne via the scenic route.

I have to mention my health because it hasn't been the best lately.
With the stress of my father's death, and other negative events, I'm not doing so well. Somewhere nice and quiet with a carpark for Astina admiration would be great.
We met up with sam-323 briefly on our last trip to Adelaide.
We saw his BG with the AGT stickers on so I went to take a couple of pics to put up in the spotted section. The AGT stickers do work!
AND Sam has them on the front & back so you can't miss it LOL!

So c'mon all you South Aussies, let's see just how many of you we can get in one place ;)

We might also be able to discuss some of our ideas for the AGT Annual Meet '08

All in all, a great chance to meet some of the faces behind the names here on AGT so please come along? I doubt it will be a late evening and I need my rest these days (feeling like granny kitty!) so I appreciate your efforts all the more.

Cheers, and see you next week :D
K.

RedLineResident
16-10-2007, 12:46 PM
im in. hopefully it doesnt change.

GISS-90BG
16-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, awesome. The Bay isn't exactly low-key and quiet though? I'm sure we could find a cafe or something that isn't too bad though.

I'll be there.

RedLineResident
17-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Tuesday night should be ok.

Its friday and saturday nights that you gotta watch it.

GISS-90BG
17-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah. Saturdays are blurdy wild.

Down there at 3.00AM, it's actually very, very difficult to spot a sober person.

KittyKatSmack
17-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, either way, it will be great to meet ya's :D

Tom: how do I find out where & when I have to drop the car in on Friday?

Thanks guys, you have really helped me out and I appreciate it very much!

Cheers,
K

RedLineResident
17-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah then you find yourself throwing random strangers around to get through a pointless fight which just happened to break out as you are walking through. So damn inconvenient, but rather funny

Don't know if that ever happened to you but I find the square attracts a few drunk idiots on a weekend night who think that they are mike tyson if they can throw a punch. Must be little man syndrome.

well back on track, tuesday will work well, nice and realxed atmospehere, beautiful suroundings and nice ocean breeze. I think that plan is a winner.

GISS-90BG
17-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, either way, it will be great to meet ya's :D

Tom: how do I find out where & when I have to drop the car in on Friday?

Thanks guys, you have really helped me out and I appreciate it very much!

Cheers,
K

Once again, happy to help. :)

The mechanics is called Mabbaracks Auto Care, and is at Unit 3, 68 Paringa Avenue, Somerton Park. Ph. 8376 6122. The service booking is under my name, Tom Gissing, for ~9.00am. If you need me to make some phone calls, or even if you need someone to give you a lift somewhere whilst your without a car on Friday, let me know.

Will check back tommorow. I'm tired as buggery at the moment and my beg looks all-together too tempting.

Laters.

-Tom

Ps. Yeah Miki, Mosley Square attracts way too many faggots for my liking. Not a fan of the Bay for that reason, usually. I drop off / pickup mates and my brother from the Grand regularly though and there's always swarms of drunkards once it gets late. I'm certainly not a fighter either so that whole side of it just makes me shake my head and avoid the nonsense.

Just on that crazy note of fighting... listen to this story I heard at work today. I work at Red Rooster, and I was talking to my manager who had to work up at Arndale yesterday, which is apparently more than a little bogan orientated in their employee base. (Polite way of putting it.) Anyway, two of their kitchen hands decided they didn't like one another, so said they'd go outside and fight it out. Unbeknown to one combatant, the other had rung a whole gang of his "Fully sik' cuz's" (roughly 20 guys) which we're waiting outside. So the guy walks outside, realizes it's hardly a fair fight and starts inside before he gets jumped on by the group of guys.

The fight continues while the management get things under control and evict people and eventually the whole thing was broken up and everyone was sent packing. I just think it's unbelievable what some people do just because someone rubs them the wrong way. Fortunately, no-one was seriously hurt but all the same, the story entertained me at work during my shift! :p

KittyKatSmack
18-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Once again, happy to help. :)

The mechanics is called Mabbaracks Auto Care, and is at Unit 3, 68 Paringa Avenue, Somerton Park. Ph. 8376 6122. The service booking is under my name, Tom Gissing, for ~9.00am. If you need me to make some phone calls, or even if you need someone to give you a lift somewhere whilst your without a car on Friday, let me know.

Thanks heaps Tom. Will let you know how it goes.
I've not been in the best condition lately & I still haven't packed LOL!

my beg looks all-together too tempting.

There's a funny line just waiting to be typed for that one lol

As for the work story *holy snapping duck poo*
I'm a bit shocked but maybe I live in my own insular little world - it's such a nice place to be - there's string and everything.

Luv your friendly neighbourhood
KittyKatSmackeroonie ;)

GISS-90BG
22-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Bump.

What's happening? Just occurred to me, we have no way of contacting Kitty now she's down here in Radelaide. Nobody has mobile numbers or any such thing?

Aaron
22-10-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm still in Canberra and will be reading forum etc right up to about 4pm Tuesday ;)

So prime me with the details and I'll bring it with me...

But as an update: The car service went well, all the vitals changed and checked, few minor problems pointed out but nothing that will stop the trip. The price of $128 was excellent and I'm sure Kitty would be recommending the workshop to others.

Kitty is still running around Adelaide and if you PM me I'll pass on numbers so you can get hold of us...

Now whereabouts are we meeting up?

A.

RedLineResident
22-10-2007, 10:50 AM
$128 is fantastic.

We're meeting at glenelg. If you go down to the end of Jetty Rd I think thats the best place to meet. There is a few car parks just off jetty rd so if you park there etc and walk down to the end (approx 2 min walk) me and tom will be waiting there. We should be able to spot you out coz you will look slightly lost but if not we will think of someting that will make us stand out.

It would be good if AGT did flexy fit hats, I wouldnt stop wearing it, that would work well.

GISS-90BG
22-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Great to hear the service went well. It's not the biggest or flashiest workshop in the world but the guy that owns it is nice mannered and honest. My last service only cost me $96.00 also, so the pricing is reasonable as well.

Yeah Mosley Square is a good place to meet, outside the Maccas down there at the tables. I'll PM you my mob. number Aaron so you can give me a buzz if your lost down there.

As for looking noticable, we'll be the hot youngsters with the gawking onlookers. Easily spottable. ;) Nah, just a ring will be easiest.

Take it easy.

-Tom

Aaron
22-10-2007, 01:27 PM
*nods* I even know where that is guys! And if I know it (This is going to be my 4th trip to Adelaide that I can remember) Kitty will know it...
A.

GISS-90BG
23-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Lookin' forward to tonight.

BTW, I think 8pm is more realistic. 30mins to checkin, get luggage, drive down the Bay and get a park is pretty unlikely. Either way, we'll find yaz.

Toodles.

RedLineResident
23-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Ive had s*** come up just before. My chances of making it are getting slim but if there is a possibility I can, ill be there.

Hope to see you all.

GISS-90BG
23-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Mm, that sucks man. Hey, even if your late just call me and you can find us down there. Be good if you came, otherwise the New South Welshmen will outnumber me! :p

Is Sam comin'?

RedLineResident
23-10-2007, 02:50 PM
i think he is.

Aaron
23-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll start walking to the airport in about 10 minutes :P (not as bad as it seems, my building is only at the opposite end of the runway to the terminal sorta)

A.

Aaron
23-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey all,

Kitty here on Aaron's laptop.

It was awesome to meet RedLineResident and GISS-90BG.
Dinner was great, lots of laugter, good food and great company.
I love this AGT Family.

Oh, and yes, will happily recommend the guys at Mabaracks.
They gave me their honest opinions, didn't overcharge and were really nice blokes to boot.
I'll happily recommend them to anyone.

I'll update more once we're back in Canberra but thought I'd throw in my 5c worth now.

Thanks again to Tom for all your help with getting the car serviced, really appreciate it.

Cheers from the kitty with the ears...........

GISS-90BG
31-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey Aaron and Kitty!

I've been away studying at my shack on the Yorke Peninsula since I caught up with you guys but I've come at last to post... It was a really fun night with some great food! It was nice to start putting names to faces and made me wish we had more active members here in S.A.

Even still, was awesome to catch up with you guys and Miki as well. Maybe we'll meet again on the annual meet next year?

Take it easy guys and best of luck for the rest of your road trip!

Laters...

-Tom

RedLineResident
31-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Really good night and it was (like tom said) really good to put names to faces rather than avatvars. For example, I still think Dan is a crab out of futurama ( i know the name but can't spell it). Annual cruze is probably a no go for me because me and my closest friends go away every easter to the river and go absolutelly stupid.

Hope to catch up with all sometime soon tho.