PDA

View Full Version : Chattering Clutch?

Guruswarmi
03-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Just want to say hello! :D Been following this great site for a few months and want to ask a question.

I own a 1996 V6 Astina Hatch (Noble green......I know!) and just wondering if the car shuddering when I engage the clutch and acclerate is normal or so-called clutch chatter? It's particularly bad in 2nd and 3rd.

Look forward to hearing your ideas soon!

Cheers,
Guruswarmi

TURBO MAZDA
05-09-2003, 01:15 AM
What type of clutch has it got ????

Standard or aftermarket

Rupewrecht
05-09-2003, 10:14 AM
sounds like your clutch may be on the way out...i think i remember mine doing that about 5000kms before it went to the floor..

but don't quote me on that LOL

Guruswarmi
05-09-2003, 05:18 PM
G'day peoples,
Cheers for the reply. It's a standard clutch, the car has done about 96000km. It basically makes the car jolt around a few times everytime I engage the clutch and acclerate. No problems at speed though. Any thoughts?

I guess I had better get that checked out while it's still on warranty huh? :x

Smikey
05-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Matching revs before u change gear rite? ;p smooooooth

usually have a jerky gear change when i'm just too tired to change gears properly or the cars just warming up

When my clutch was wearing out, about 88K, it just slipped quite a bit

No other thoughts, good luck

Toyboy
05-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Yeah mine is jerky aswell,i agree with smikey with the revs,and plus i think this occurs cause of the amount of play in the gearbox/diff which ive found with both my 323's :roll:
Just a poorly designed box,as well all know,especially the turbo boys :P

Guruswarmi
05-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks!

Was kinda worried about it and thought I better ask before the warranty ran out and would cost me lots of $$$$! What's a good rev speed to be changing gears on the V6 engine and gearbox?

Didn't realise how many noble green astinas were out there until someone mentioned it on a post somewhere......... :wink:

Smikey
06-09-2003, 11:00 AM
With any gear changing in the car, it's about how well u coordinate ur feet so i guess there's no real rev area to match (maybe there is something wrong if u can't get a smooth shift from gears 1-2-3), but yeah, i recommend shifting at around 6.5K.... ;p

Daww... noble green, what happened to Indigo Blue!