PDA

View Full Version : CAR SPOTTING - Cars you spot in S.A.

GISS-90BG
05-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Chuck up a post if you see any Astinas around Adelaide whilst your out and about. Also if you spot a particularly rare/nice ride of any type. As they're not particularly rare nowadays, I'll give a special prize to the person who can spot the most in a single outing. ;)

I do lots of random cruising so I'll probably spam the crap out of this thread. :D

SPOT AWAY!

RedLineResident
06-11-2007, 09:13 AM
heaps of hatch BA's driven by grannies.

There is a chick driving a white I4 BA auto around the corner from my house and just last night i spotted a car identical to mine. minus the lowering and big dent in rear quarter panel. (snakes fist)

Looked really good, straight, clean, not sure of transmision but damn it looked good.

GISS-90BG
06-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Mmmm, stoopid grannys! :p

There's a red BG SP with 17"rims that a Mum of a kid at school drives. I'm gonna' flog the wheels. :D

RedLineResident
07-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah its worth a shot.

Not much in the way of done up astinas. They are eiter grannys or they are that thrashed out that you rather not have them alongside you.

GISS-90BG
09-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Did a bay run on the way home from work today but there was surprisingly few posers out and about. Saw 1 bling Civic and a ph4t as Aristo, but that was it.

Oh and I was behind a blue BG with a young lass at the helm, doing her her in the rear view mirror, whilst fanging round an S bend through traffic lights. Haha. Women really can multi-task (dangerously). :P

RedLineResident
10-11-2007, 10:37 AM
I do that...
I do so many things whiles driving sometimes that i realy shouldn't.
Im always on the run and my phone rings non-stop so i drive and talk a fair bit, i drive and change cd's, tune my CD player for a better sound and ive been known to eat ice-cream and such as well.

Although i do these things, i do not do them in trafic and i do not take my eyes off the rd for a period longer than a split second.

In conclusion guys can multi task better than chicks but we don't brag coz we'll be made to do more than one thing at a time, hence by pretending that we can't manage we can be lazy in descise. (i can't spell that last word)

gti-013
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
hehehe i spot miki's astina about twice a week does that count? lol

RedLineResident
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Not for long.

gti-013
11-11-2007, 02:26 AM
spotted, miki's new car.

is it a secret or should i tell hehehehe

looks pretty nice buddy need to go for a drive soon

RedLineResident
11-11-2007, 10:01 AM
No kiddin, This thing will mop the floor with my astina. Probabaly not off the take off due to the clutch factor and me launching the astina at around 5,000RPM but definatelly past 60kms it will catch up and boogie. 195bhp, forged pistons and stuff, high compression engine requiring Premium Unleaded. It bunrs oil when cold (or so a friend tells me it will) because until the rings heat up and expand they have a tiny gap or something even when new.

Insane brakes tho, i can say that. Massive and powerfull.

gti-013
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
yeah if you put an intake on it itll have an insane sound too!! do it :D planning on modifying this one miki or keeping it stock?

RedLineResident
11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
stock at the moment. Maybe intahke and mags when i chew the tires. The exhaust has an nice note to it as well, its stock but it screams between 4,500RPM and 7,500RPM. Sounds awesom

Rupewrecht
11-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Just a word of warning - the tiptronics are not known for their strong gearboxes. A guy i knew had his replaced twice, and there was a factory recall in the US about it (that never happened here). So be nice to it!

RedLineResident
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I will be. Thanks for the heads up.

GISS-90BG
11-11-2007, 11:04 PM
stock at the moment. Maybe intahke and mags when i chew the tires. The exhaust has an nice note to it as well, its stock but it screams between 4,500RPM and 7,500RPM. Sounds awesom

Mmmmm, V-Tec. Sounds amazing too, ey. Can't wait to see it. Should totally look at getting a kit for it at some stage down the track because daym' they look mean with em'.

GISS-90BG
11-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Spotted a buttload of cars at SCS today! Forgot it was on, otherwise I would've organised to hit it up with some of you guys.

I really liked it. The cars arn't as over the top as Autosalon, just real neat street rides. Particular favourites, of course, the Supra display, I liked some of the 31s with ph4t FMIC and the 32 GTRS. Some of the N14 Pulsars looked pretty shlick as well. But the absoloute best, the R34 track car which was, apparently, a 6.6L. Worked as and had a massive aero kit with carbon fibre addons and totally stickered out, in a good way. Amazing car.

Anyone else make an appearance? After chatting to my mates at the Supra display, it seems it was a pretty mediocre turnout.

RedLineResident
12-11-2007, 09:33 AM
nah mate, had to work. As for the kit, well i don't know. At the end of the day it is an auto and a kit on an auto is a massive wank factor in my opinion so this ride may stay stock. Air intake plus perhaps some 18"s and thats it.

Sintx3
12-11-2007, 05:28 PM
I had my white Laser tx3 entered with some mates definatly wasnt the best one ive been to the spriklers turned on in the morning we all got soaked then their computer buggered up and they couldnt give out any trophies.

GISS-90BG
12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I had my white Laser tx3 entered with some mates definatly wasnt the best one ive been to the spriklers turned on in the morning we all got soaked then their computer buggered up and they couldnt give out any trophies.

Yeah I heard them crapping on about something or other as the awards were starting. Pretty poor effort - car show with no awards.

GISS-90BG
02-12-2007, 08:33 PM
ROAR! I is back from schoolies.

Anyone spotted anything spesh?

Saw a clean as Supra today. *envy*

GISS-90BG
07-12-2007, 03:06 PM
3rd spam in a row.

Miki - Anything to report on the Prelude? Heard how it is through the hills but is it any better in traffic, or on fuel etc?

Think I'll need to get suspension/brake work done on my car in the next 10,000kms. Starting to feel on its last legs.

RedLineResident
08-12-2007, 11:57 AM
11L/100km

trafic its ok, nice and comfy, sun roof is wicked, climate control ah so good.

like the seating position now, love the brakes, handbrake is pretty good.

top speed, good, holds high speed well, better than the astina.

the vtec range is wicked, when i hit vtec i have about as much power as sams astina (around the 145kw) so thats a nice thing.

low end isn't so impressive tho. but then again astina likes to be reved as well.

teh exhaust has a nice tone, i think its a 2" and it breathes better, the engine is very responsive, if this car was a manual it would be fast, but even then the astina would out handle it.

Last sunday i was on a prelude crusie, left the ludes 2 corners in and went toe to toe with a VR4 galant (AWD turbo - evo spec engine 177kw at all 4) and i was up his arse all the way to loby. He had bright red rotors when we stopped and the astina was fine. I was so impressed, and so was he, he couldn't believe it.

Tomorrow im going on a Gti cruise, but as a passenger, i cant wait, my mate is a wicked driver and it should be awesom fun.

Overall the astina is a better hills car, the honda is a cruisy (look at me im a creamer) kind of car. Comfy, nice to drive and nice to look at but as far as handling goes - astina wins hands down.

GISS-90BG
29-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Saw a nice BG other day, had the Calais style blue on top and grey below the door trim. looked kinda cool, really.

Also seen a bunch of 32 GTRs recently. Love those things. Vrmmmm psscchhttt.

Keep spotting SA!

RedLineResident
31-12-2007, 07:52 PM
saw a perfect example of a BA hardtop last night.

White, P plater, looked lowered and it was travelling side by side my blue astina away from town down port road. Tidy as.

Looked awesom, very sensible driving too, well done who ever it was. It looked to be I4 and not a V6 given the lack of foglights and the wheels.

Absolutelly spotless. I wanted to have a chat at the lights but never occured and the guy turned off somewhere so i lost him.

RedLineResident
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
OMG my mate with a VR4 Galant that i mentioned in the post above, has a twin brother who sold a AWD TX3 Turbo and bought a Mazda Familia GTR. Oh so sexy. Saw this thing last night and... WOW.

Everything about it is so cool, small quick, sleek, low, not over done. Real vents on the bonett. Actual Jap spec. So so so cool.

GISS-90BG
11-01-2008, 05:28 PM
In the same vein as the VR4 and the Familia...

Spotted a red Pulsar GTi-R on Morphett Road. Was coming the opposite way. Dropped a gear and boosted past somebody (not recklessly). Love those little cars!!!

RedLineResident
12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
there is a BA hatch going around with MAZDASPEED stickers on the windscreens, looks kinda cool.

Saw it on oaklands rd a few weeks back.

cazza
21-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Saw a red bg or sp in macdonald park/elizabeth twin exhaust on one side, in good nick!, anyone??

RedLineResident
21-02-2008, 04:06 PM
ive seen 2 hartops around where i work, one's a p plater/

i plan to tag his car and try and get him to join on here. its the same as mine but only a I4.

GISS-90BG
06-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I've seen a pimped BA a couple times recently. Chromies with a loud exhaust and a few stickers. Belongs to a female driver. See it near the airport.

02-KQ-LASR
05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
i never see anyone in gawler.
except a BJ with the plates JEDI

02-KQ-LASR
07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
keep an eye out for my car guys!
in the next couple of months its getting a complete overhaul.
new rims
re spray
and lots more!

RedLineResident
07-04-2008, 02:32 PM
where abouts do you normally find yourself driving.

ie which side of town.

in order to spot the astina you gotta be; at my house, come on a cruise or be very very lucky to see me drive it around on that rare occasion.

my honda on the other hand you can spot around the western suburbs mostly, town and bay.