PDA

View Full Version : Im stupid

UNV-323
05-09-2003, 01:55 AM
Okay now i want somewhere to answer this PLEASE!!!!!!

I have the BG model or whatever it is right.... is it exactly the same to do CAI on mine as it is on the newer models????

I wana do CAI but i dont wana **** around with my car if its not gonna work properly.... Please help me ive been wanting to do this for ages but i keep putting it off until im 100% sure on how to do it

Thanks guys....

sirex
05-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Every car is different mate! But the sanme concept applies!

Rip the plastic piping off at the throttle body, rip out the air box and air filter, rip out the intake resonators, whack in your CAI and pod and you will be away laughing!

UNV-323
05-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Nah man i dont want to get a pod. I am getting a replacement k&n filter to put in the airbox and i just wanted to set up CAI to the box. These guys hav sed heaps about it before but my car has the popup headlights which ****s up following their directions to start with cuz i dont take off my front bumper like that and then i dont know if i can follow all the directions after that. i am dribbling ****. can some1 please let me know if it is the same and if not...tell me what to do if u can.
Thanks.....

TURBO MAZDA
07-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Yes to take the front bar off it is different.we have to take the front blinkers/parker out first , then there are 4 bolts , 2 on each side.

4 the cold air intake it is exactly the same as the newer model.
to put the bigger pipe on the air box and changing the filter,To change the filter just remove the screws on the top, i think there are 4 or so screws , replace the old airfilter with the new and thats that .

UNV-323
09-09-2003, 11:59 AM
So its exactly the same? do i have to get rid of a resonator as well.
When i look under the airbox now i cant see anywhere to run the piping. Does this change when i get rid of all the ****...
Oh yea, what about bugs and water and stuff like that?
Please answer asap...i think ill take off the front bumper today and get to it....... Thanks