PDA

View Full Version : door dramas

pr1mo
08-09-2003, 12:43 PM
hey guys.
i found 2 washer/screw type things floating loose in the bottom of my drivers door today. what the hell r they!!!!! and are they the reason for my door being as squeaky as daves voice?

lol j.kz of course

cheers mike

sik astina
08-09-2003, 12:52 PM
heres pr1mos pic

http://atlantis.focus.net.au:6000/mik/images/other/stuff%20in%20door.JPG

Rupewrecht
08-09-2003, 12:56 PM
no idea! never seen them before!

pr1mo
08-09-2003, 02:36 PM
the guy at mazda reckons they r something todo with the electronic window lift system. sais if my windows still work then there shouldnt be a problem leaving them out!?

Mr (service manual) Rod to the diary room!

cheers mike :P

BigBoyLemonade
08-09-2003, 04:00 PM
yeah looks like the spacers off the electric window...

I dont know why they are not in your electric window mechanism but it dont look good

Cosmo Dude
08-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Yuo should have more floating parts :shock:
If you drop the window down about 1/2 way with the trim removed hopefully you will see the problem, if all the bolts that go through the glass are intact then you've got spares :lol: it is a nut and washer from one of those bolts.
I can lend the book (page s3-18) if you like.

Rod

pr1mo
09-09-2003, 02:45 AM
thanx guys,
my door is still as squeaky as! even with the trim off! lol ill pop round to rods at some stage late tuesday :)

cheers mike

Cosmo Dude
14-09-2003, 08:07 PM
How are the squeeks?
If you like I can pop into the local pet shop for some more mice :lol:

Rod

pr1mo
14-09-2003, 10:12 PM
haha after sorting out those 2 washer type devices and rectifying that problem im sad to say that the squeaks are still there! im gunna keep playing with it until i can find the source! :)

cheers mike

BigMal
15-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah mate I think those squeaks are there to stay. Having bought mine
new they have always been there and when I spoke to mazda for the
1K service they told me it just needed wearing in which we all know is
a fob off lie and sure if you take it to them now they will say is worn out.
My answer is windows fully up or fully down. With my suspension part
down rattles like crazy and needs heaps of volume control on the stereo
to get rid of.

Mal

tim
16-09-2003, 01:45 PM
when i got my window replaced the guy said he found something in the bottom of the door, and asked if i had problems with the windows rattling (i did) and once he put them all back together the rattles went..

Toyboy
16-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Well i pulled my front door trims off last week to check that all the bolts were done up and there was nothing floating around in the bottom of the doors and found nothing :?
But yet my drivers window still rattles a little when not fully up or down, This is the the draw back of frameless windows,just learn to live with it :wink:

nazeus
30-09-2003, 11:42 PM
I've had the same problem with the washers. I actually heard them fall inside the door. I took the panel off and could not figure out jack. I then dropped my passenger window about half way down and figured where the washers go, and managed to screw them back without taking out the whole window machanism. Without the washers the window slants and causes a squeaking sound when lowering, and can cause the tint (film) in the corner to get damaged. So yes, it has a purpose. The problem I have is ensuring it stays tight. Hope this helps.

Cosmo Dude
01-10-2003, 07:08 PM
That was the source of the washer :) it took about an hour to put it back and tighten it up.
We had to remove the door handle and one of the window guides :roll: . But we got it :D . Unfortunatly it didn't fix the squeek :(

Rod

pr1mo
01-10-2003, 11:34 PM
squeaks are much better almost non existent now that the retrim work is done and doortrims are back ok :) ill have your manuals back to you shortly too rod :)

cheers mike

Rupewrecht
01-10-2003, 11:41 PM
but if your stereo is turned off, you can hear the bubblewrap in your doors mike!

Dogo
02-10-2003, 08:13 AM
LOL bubblewrap

BigBoyLemonade
02-10-2003, 08:38 AM
:shock:

pr1mo
02-10-2003, 09:02 AM
hahaha yeah bubblewrap works a treat :P my plastic sheety bit was rooted and thats all i could find. as it turns out it works as a really good sound insulation device :P cant hear any bits popping either which is a good sign :P hehe

..|.. if u think im unconventional ..|.. if u think i care!

:wink:

cheers mike