PDA

View Full Version : Importing....worth it??

mafia_boy
10-09-2003, 07:32 AM
When it comes to certain things you need for your car, would you consider importing from another country such as Japan or NZ for any reason??

I'm asking this because I'm thinking of getting my rear suspension and brakes from OS and with the exchange rates as they are, I'm not sure whether it would be best to import stuff now or wait and hope that the dollar doesn't fall out, or god forbid improves more. :) Also, the concern that the parts can get damaged in transport gets me too. :oops: I know that I'm just being impatient but I want to get the car all ready before my licence returns so I can just get in it, converted and all and just drive. So, whatcha's think?? C yas!! Mafs!!

Rupewrecht
10-09-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah, i've got no problem doing it. I've imported stuff from the US and Japan and never had any problems. :)

dfvadr
10-09-2003, 08:15 PM
ive had no problem getting my tail lights from the US sent the money through weston union

mafia_boy
16-09-2003, 06:29 AM
Were any of the goods damaged whilst in transport?? C yas!! Mafs!!

StreetRacer
16-09-2003, 07:05 AM
im considering import a new v6 engine in the future.

shmulik

Rupewrecht
16-09-2003, 12:44 PM
nah, the packaging was slightly damaged, but the packing inside protected the packaging of the items (and the items themselves) that i bought. :)

dfvadr
16-09-2003, 05:16 PM
no i had no damage at all plus it was insured an had a freight tracking number that i could check on at any time as to where it was thats included in the freight costs

homer
21-09-2003, 10:50 PM
for those who are into engine conversion I found this site in malaysia
http://www.wengkeongauto.com
they are quite reasonably price to me but not sure if they are willing to send their stuff overseas.