PDA

View Full Version : Another new BA Astina owner

demuire
01-03-2008, 02:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 1996 BA11P2 Astina today - I'm stoked! A friend of mine had one many years ago (unfortunately she crashed it) and I had a chance to drive it on our big road trip down to the Blue Mountains, and certainly took a shine to it. Well, I now own one! :)

Anyway, my Astina is white and is completely standard apart from some dodgy 15" mags and an old dodgy immobilizer, and an old'ish Kenwood CD player. It's also got the spoiler on it. It's in great condition, it's certainly been taken care of. It's got 198500 k's on it so it's getting close to the big service, scary!

No real plans for the car at the moment (no more money!), but I suppose hypothetically if I got lots of money all of a sudden there are a few things I'd like to do:

- get the fog lamps off the 2L
- get the courtesy door lights off the P1
- get some nicer mags for it, maybe some multispoke 16" rims similar to the ones on the R32 Golf
- lower it!
- Get an MP3 head unit for it and some better speakers
- Get a better immobilizer for it
- Get a bigger exhaust tip for it. I don't really want the exhaust to be louder, just not have the tiny pea shooter out the back :)

But yeah, for now the plan is just to drive the car around and save a bit of money...

Astina Andy
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Awesome. Welcome to AGT.

Nice Astina, you got the best model.

I'm sure you will find everyone here very helpful. Don't be afraid to ask anything, they helped me out heaps.

Rupewrecht
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Welcome to AGT :)

demuire
01-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Haha, went to take some photos of the car today and had a proper look at the wheels, I've got 14" alloys, not 15"! Bah, seller lied :p Oh well, I'm not too fussed, I don't really like them anyway :)

marcs_sp20
02-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Welcome to AGT, and always good to see another Ipswich member, if ya see a sedately modified blue SP20 give us a wave :)

Marc

MIZ323
03-03-2008, 10:23 PM
welcomes.. hope u enjoy the site