PDA

View Full Version : help front spring making noise

Cloudland
11-04-2008, 12:06 PM
hi all if anyone still remember me..

i have the eibach pro springs on for about 25,000 KMs now. my stock front struts started leaking oil about half way (with just 40,000 KM on the clock) through. i replaced them with new oem front struts since then.

the car would sometimes make noise after i put springs on, it's like a clicking sound, or a low pitched squeaking sound, especially when i was turning the steering wheels. i had it checked during a service, and the tech said it's probably something to do with the loaded springs, they did make it disappear.

now since early this year, the sound came back. when i start the car cold in the morning there is no noise, but once i had 10 to 15 KM running, there is this clicking/squeaking sound coming from the front axis, even if i'm driving straight, and particularly obvious when i turn the wheels.

what could it be? should i take a service early and have it checked out again?

also, the fixed rubber ring on one side of front swaybar came loose. i had whiteline rear sway bar and it doesn't come with any rubber ring (to prevent sway bar from moving too far?) so i'm thinking, is it necessary to fix it on the front swaybar?

ty n have a nice day.

hks_kansei
11-04-2008, 01:34 PM
do your springs have any kind of padding on the last few coils?

I just got a set of Eibach's (not for an astina) and they have a clear rubbery thing on the last couple of coils to (i think?) stop them rubbing/shifting and making noise. see below photo:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5922/1001784jx9.th.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001784jx9.jpg)

edit: the swaybar shifting is a common problem with Mazda3, i would be looking at that too (and maybe putting the rubber things you described on the front too.

Cloudland
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
heya

no i don't have any paddings, and from what i saw in the picture, only your rear springs got them?

i have been considering to put stock springs back on. i think the rear sway bar upgrade is much better, in terms of cost and effort. and frustration!

hks_kansei
11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
heya

no i don't have any paddings, and from what i saw in the picture, only your rear springs got them?

i have been considering to put stock springs back on. i think the rear sway bar upgrade is much better, in terms of cost and effort. and frustration!

nah, the fronts have them too, just hard to see in the photo.

I might be wrong though, those springs arent for an Astina, they are for a Ford Mondeo (which has padding on stock springs).

the pad might not be needed on Astinas?

Cloudland
09-05-2008, 10:37 AM
update:

had the car checked at a mechanics the other day, he said it's the top of the strut (strut mount or w/e) making the noise and quite common for mazda. nothing to worry about but need to take strut out if i want to have them further checked.

i then sprayed some wd-40 all over the place, springs, endlinks, control arms, top of the struts (anywhere that has a hole or a seal).

can't believe it after 2 days the noise is gone...