PDA

View Full Version : Attention All AstinaGT Members ~ BIG MEET 25th October

KittyKatSmack
28-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Yes, big meet planned for 25th October in Canberra!

I am taking advantage of the fact that the Melbourne one was postponed to get my own off the ground.

Several reasons come to mind for this.

1. Pr0n
2. Fireworks
3. Pr0n
4. Sorta almost central to everyone ~ sorta
5. Pr0n
6. Our illustrious leader will still be in town.
7. Pr0n
8. MOST IMPORTANTLY: My Birthday Bash!!!

Yes, item 8 on the agenda is the priority here, LOL, oh and the AstinaGT Annual get together before the end of the year of course!

And the Pr0n :wink:

There is a Formule 1 Motel available www.formule1.com.au on the cheap. There are also a ton of motels along Northbourne Ave that have cheap standby rates too.

Let me know what you guys think.
I know you Victorians have the furthest to travel so we can make most of the arrangements for the weekend around you guys.
Basically, I am hoping to do a BBQ at Andy's yacht club on the Saturday arvo (what do you think Andy?) and we can get some NICE pics of the cars along the foreshore etc.

I would like to leave the organising of a cruise to someone local (Tony?) and figure it might be a "shorter" cruise because of the travelling some of our long distance members have done. I think it's going to be more about catching up with everyone and meeting people than driving our cars all over the place. The trip out to Gold Creek and the Dinosaur Museum might be a giggle perhaps?
Or up Black Mountain to the Telstra Tower?

So, what I would like is some feedback.

What do you Sydney and Wollongong folk think? I would like to think we can get everyone here for some fun and frolicking!

And a dinner that night somewhere in Civic to have a few laughs, singing happy birthday WILL NOT BE REQUIRED though.......

Cheers!

KittyKatSmack
28-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Oh, and Oktoberfest too of course!!!

How could I forget that!!!

It's usually on at Exhibition Park, across the road from the formule 1 Motel!!!

hee hee hee

joely
28-09-2003, 06:38 PM
First time I hit the town in canberra I thought that civic was a club :oops: .
I still wanna go on a cruise!! See if i can get a weekend off and I'll be there!!

Cosmo Dude
28-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Sounds like a plan.
If my back is upto the trip then I'll be there.

Rod

ABC
29-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Sorry KittyKat, That's the first day of the ACT Catamaran Championships at the sailing club (which I'll be sailing in) so a BBQ is out as is the ABC's attendance and that night is the Italy vs Wales Rugby World Cup game in Canberra (which I have tickets to).
Will certainly be having a beverage (or two) for you though. :D

Rupewrecht
29-09-2003, 11:17 AM
yah, i'm probably more than 50% i'll be there...with my astina ;)

Aaron
29-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Got a towbar for the Beetle have you Dan?

*grins*

*runs and hides*

A.

KittyKatSmack
29-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Well Andy.... we will let you off the hook for the valid reason, but that means we need a new BBQ spot!!!

*grumbles*

And YAAAAAAAAY Dan, will be here with his Astina..... now Dogo, will we see you in your ride :wink: Come on up with Cosmic Rod.
And the other Victorians? Where are you? C'mon Kyra, get your butt back to Canberra!!

Haven't heard much from Sydney or Wollongong.... cept for Joely ~ good for you dude!!! I know I can count on Odd Rod to come along..... :D

And where's my show of hands from the Canberra Crowd?
hmmmmmmmmm?

*willing to start kicking butt!*

:lol:

JynX
29-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Just started a new job so unsure of my availability over next few weeks or so

Toyboy
29-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately ill have to give it a miss due to my financial situation :cry: I also have to miss a huge fordlaser/323 cruise which was a stay over aswell :cry:
Damn rego/insurance comes at the wrong times :evil:

KittyKatSmack
29-09-2003, 03:06 PM
AWWWWWWWWW

C'mon guys.......
Won't be the same without you there!

We can work it out for you somehow!

The Melbourne Crew are gonna get their butts up here... am even gonna hassle Shads :wink:

Don't give up!

There has to be a way!!!!

You wouldn't want to miss out on all that Pr0n would you???? :twisted:

hee hee hee

Critter
30-09-2003, 04:02 PM
OK :)

KittyKatSmack
30-09-2003, 04:11 PM
**** hot Critter!!!

Will be good to see you again mate!

Wait until you see how I have improved my 'stina too!

Though no leather interior like you or Mick yet.....

hahahahaha!

dfvadr
30-09-2003, 08:35 PM
um im not sure at this stage due to the auto salon there is a lot to do not to mention the couple off grand i have to spend to finish the car ps dont ride me off yet but no garage no stealth have to come in the ford [sinking down]

KittyKatSmack
30-09-2003, 09:14 PM
You will be welcome no matter what you drive!

We understand, and will be there at Autosalon for moral support for ya too!

And as for driving the Ford, seeing how there will be a Ford joining our family soon, that is not a bad thing!!!

:D

Chin up, you can do it!!! We know you can!!!

mrpayner
03-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Ermm.. for the Melb/Victorian ppl.... if we organise a Friady night drive to Canberra i'd be keen.. it seems too short a time to be in Canberra if we did the saturday morning drive..

AP

Rupewrecht
03-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Cannnn do. either we:

meet up somwhere in the City area (as a good central point) and then go via Ballarat to meetup with Adam

meet at the start of the hume, and Payner comes caross and meets up with us along the way.

probably leave at 9ish at night i guess, and get there mid-morning, or stop along the way somewhere

who else from vic is going?

Rupewrecht
MrPayner
Dogo

Critter
03-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Is there a particular motel/whatever where people are staying coz those coming into town from Sydney/Melbourne etc will be needing to organise something...?

astina
03-10-2003, 05:46 PM
i might be working that weekend but ill try and make it for a cruise around after that

dfvadr
03-10-2003, 08:20 PM
as posted earlier by kitty formula-1 motels are cheap maybe if we get anough defernate reply's bye say 18th we can book a few rooms an maybe a group discount as well
but i only fair to all if u say ur coming and you dont u still pay as for us guys an girls that are there we shouldn't have to were the burden of non showers

KittyKatSmack
03-10-2003, 08:55 PM
If I get a definate idea of numbers and how much ppl are willing to pay etc. I will try to get a group rate booking and try a different number of places.

If it is the same weekend as Octoberfest, we will have to book soon tho!!!

The 18th is MotorShow Day... I will actually be in Sydney that day, so can I get definite numbers by the previous Thursday the 16th and I will book for us on the Friday the 17th before I leave for Sydney? Or I can do the Monday 20th.....

What do you guys n gals think?

Cosmo Dude
03-10-2003, 09:12 PM
probably leave at 9ish at night i guess, and get there mid-morning, or stop along the way somewhere

*up on his soap-box*

9ish :shock: :shock: :shock: at night :shock: :shock: :shock:
By then I'd want to be in Holbrook with a beer in one hand and a young lass in the other :wink: Yes I'd like to have a chance to do the tourist thing but I'd like to be awake at the time.

*down off the soap-box*

It is a seven hour drive from Somerton to Canberra. Maybe a gathering somewhere along the way and a morning cruise together to the capital.

Rod

Aaron
03-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Yeah guys - from a road safety point of view you don't want to be driving all night....

Any chance of taking off early Friday arvo? or even straight from work? At a guess 9 hours to Canberra is a fair run so a 1am arrival in the ACT would be better than a dusk to dawn run. Gives you guys ome sleep before checking out Canberra for a good day and a half or so before returning back ;)

As for things to do - while you're here we'll make sure there's plenty of good photo opportunities, fun stuff and havoc to be raised.

We have a couple of good Lakeside spots where the cars can be positioned to take in the cars and the nation monutments like parliament House, War memorial, etc ect Three good scenic lookouts - 2 are 'traditional' for their Canberra views the third is behind my work and give a great 'different' outlook on Canberra.

There's stacks of attractions that are unique to here, the fun stuff like Questacon will let us all show our maturity etc But hey there's a lot here and Kitty and I will make sure there's plenty of tourist brochures at hand so people can say "how 'bout this place" rather than second guess what people want to see ;)

If you're up for it we could cruise to check out the 'foolly sik cruise' scene in Canberra - but that's mostly a highly policed Friday night thing with much less happening on Saturdays.

And then there's Bangers run out to Fyshwick to assist peopel with fireworks purchases and anythign else the nations capital offers!

Well that's what we can offer anyways ;)

SehnKhan
04-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Put it this way, I went from AAMI building on St Kilda Road Melbourne on a Friday afternoon at 3.30 straight to Bowral in NSW - got there at about 12.30 at night, that included a half hour break and only doing about 40km/hr for the first hour of the drive (long weekend traffic from the city was hellish).

Oh, and no, I will not be attending this cruise.

pr1mo
04-10-2003, 10:30 AM
i gots work on sat and am taking the previous weekend off togo to eden :( doesnt look like i can make it :I

cheers mike

Critter
04-10-2003, 11:00 AM
I am up for whatever accomodation seems reasonable for the Saturday night.
Book whatever and it's All Good.

KittyKatSmack
04-10-2003, 12:38 PM
PR0N!!!!!!!!!

I know we have all heard of a pub crawl, but an Adult Shop Crawl?

The photo's will be amazing, and of course the obligitary gimp suit shots!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

dfvadr
04-10-2003, 03:10 PM
im with critter gee i dont even no his name lol

Cosmo Dude
04-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Don't get me wrong.
I intend being there, it is a long drive but not what I'd like to attempt that late at night. It's 110kmh from Kalkallo to Albury then pot luck to Yass and then (If you were a NSW parlamentarian paying for a road for Victorians and South Aussies to access the capital) very busy, narrow and slow.

Rod

pr1mo
04-10-2003, 11:33 PM
bah night driving is the only way togo :P the last major trip north from the victorians last year nettes speeds of just over 200km. memorable moments, Dogo kicking his V6 back into 3rd gear whilst traveling at 145kmh, the guy in the lancer and who could forget dans efforts on the way home in aulbury :P

all done at night mind you

cheers mike :P

dfvadr
05-10-2003, 12:14 AM
hi guys i personnally love driving but even i wouldn't want to drive all nite then do the day thing an have a nite out as well [sat]
i would come home from work shower quik bit hit the sack an kick off 2-3 in the morning putting u there round midday meet up for lunch kick back for an hour or so then i think the body clock would be more appreciated off that .
but hell im not doing it good luck hope to see u all there

Critter
05-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Well I already have pr0n orders in my street, so the Adult Shop crawl is all Good :)
and whatever crawl is going on......

Chris

Cosmo Dude
05-10-2003, 04:18 PM
I'm just going to blow off school for the Friday and cruise up on the Thursday (Study day). Do the touristy thing and swallow some of the local grog :D

The PRON crawl on Saturday should be a laugh. Critter, you are a DV8 *complement* :lol:

Rod

Rupewrecht
06-10-2003, 09:56 AM
heh i don't care when we leave, was just a suggestion :)

KittyKatSmack
06-10-2003, 10:47 AM
You guys are all welcome here whenever you get here.

I have to work Friday morning, finishing at lunchtime for you Cosmic Rod.
So if you are around, np's with doing some local touristy stuff.

Pr0n crawl will be fun.

I was also thinking Questacon. It is an interactive "edjumakashonal" place but supposedly a lot of fun. I haven't been there, but was thinking it would be funny to see everyone's competitive spirit in that place!

A couple of hours or so there after a liquid lunch? Possibly!

In all your planning guys, don't forget to think about when you will be leaving too.

As for driving at night at mental breakneck speeds..... all I can say is that I would be foooooooooooolllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee ssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkk worried about you lot!!!
The Australian Fauna love our roads at night, and so do the RABBITS!!!

So why don't you all see how many of you are coming to Canberra, and see how many of you can talk your bosses into Friday/Monday off work? Or half days or something? That's what holidays are for ain't they?
It will be a lot of fun and even more fun if you don't have to break your neck or get a huge fine getting here!

*takes off the nun costume now*

And, I only have two people for accomodation so far!

Cosmic Rod, do you want accomodation for Thurs/Fri and Sat nite?
Dan, do you and Vix want a room for Sat nite only?
Dave?
Jynx?
Big Mal?
Mick? Are you and Leanne getting a room near the boys?

Who have I forgotten?
Who else is travelling?

Please let me know what's happening!!!

cheers!

dfvadr
06-10-2003, 11:16 AM
me an critter ill be ringing him tuesday nite have a yawn an work out what were doing

Rupewrecht
06-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Dan, do you and Vix want a room for Sat nite only?

ahh, stuff it - i'll come up on the friday during the day (might as well make it worthwhile) - so reserve friday and saturday night for me. where am i staying again? :lol:

dfvadr
06-10-2003, 02:11 PM
gee the wollongong an sydney guys are quiet is any-one from up here going an staying overnite or 2 nites if we go friday arvo

KittyKatSmack
06-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Dan ~ room booked at the YMCA for ya

Vix is stayin with me ;)

muahahahahahahaha!!!

jk!

Will book the rooms later next week prolly when I have decent numbers to get a discount!

And yes Rod, you are right, it's quiet, too quiet........

KICK EM UP THE ARSE MATE!

KittyKatSmack
06-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Just started a new job so unsure of my availability over next few weeks or so

So Jynx, am sure that the new job has settled down by now dude, and the 2 hour trip it will take you to get to Canberra won't kill ya.....

Are you, Dazz and Mal going to ROAD TRIP?

Do you guys want to pool into a bunk room or want your own rooms n stuff?

Please let me know?

Cheers!

Critter
08-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Rod (odd12c) and I will lob Saturday morning around 11.00-11.30, will need to know where to find people then.

Kitty, I sent you a pm re: accommodation.

JynX
08-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Uncertain as to my availability. I am on call on that weekend so highly doubt I will be able to venture too far out of Sydney.

Aaron
08-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Canberra has movile reception :shock:

dfvadr
08-10-2003, 08:19 PM
hey kitty or aaron is there a novatel near you guy's /girls

Aaron
08-10-2003, 09:31 PM
It's int he City Centre which is about 20 minutes walk (5 minutes drive and 2 maybe 3 sets of lights) from our house. I'm pretty sure thats; the Novatel I'm thinking of....

Jolimont Centre or something the building was called a few years back....

Kitty?

Dogo
09-10-2003, 09:57 AM
hmmm i cant get friday off work so i'm deciding what to do. either come up fri nite or sat morning. i think id prefer an early morning drive. plus it saves on wasting a nights accomodation :wink:

KittyKatSmack
09-10-2003, 03:52 PM
you will be sooooooooooooooooooo tired though....

how are you going to enjoy the day to the fullest?

can you get an early knock off on Friday then?

even a couple of hours?

I don't want to see you break your neck getting here, be tired and not enjoy yourself and then have to go home on Sunday :cry:

That's no fun at all......

KittyKatSmack
13-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Alrighty, it is less than two weeks until the Annual AstinaGT Bash!

My list of people attending so far is this:

rupewrecht & vix
Dogo & grewvie
Adam Payne
Cosmic Rod
Critter
Odd Rod
Lantis
aaron & I

I would love to see more names on that list.
Especially you lot from Sydney!
So c'mon everyone, lets get this show on the road.
We have some great cars and some great members of this forum. Time to get them all together in one place for some laughs and fun!

Jynx? Sik Mick? Big Mal? Dazz?

LOL 626, O-LYM-PIC, bad-astina, joely, jcywong, Smikey, Chris, edskii, .::Astina|Brad::. , kar10w, TURBO MAZDA, IZG-00D?

And Canberrans, where are you? Osprey06, CEPAT, nupes, Vegitto?

There have to be more than this coming!!!!!!

C'mon guys n gals!
Move yer butts!

kar10w
13-10-2003, 03:31 PM
sorry kitty. :oops: how bout this? anyone heading down there just for the saturday? i reckon i'll head down early sat morning then head back sat nyt. anyone doing that? if not, i reckon i'll still do it, just curious to know if anyone is up for the day road trip.

ps. what day's the pr0n crawl set for? ;) you guys still headin to questacon?

tks :D

KittyKatSmack
13-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Excellent kar10w!!!!

I figure it like this......

We have the option of ppl cleaning up their cars after the journey at Aquarius in Mitchell, you can do laser brushless wash or do yourself.
Then we can do some piccys, then do either Questacon or BBQ, then vice versa with more piccy's, and last but not least the pr0n crawl is last.... because they are open 24/7...... well just about!!! So most of the activities are set for Saturday.

Questacon is an option but should be lots of fun from what I have heard. I haven't been there before but I really want to go. I should kill two or three hours easy. BBQ is same! So some photos in between every event will ensure different photos in different locations and some good shots!

What does everyone say?

8) :D

joely
13-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Day trip is a better option for me though i wont know if I am working till a later date so just pencil me in for now.
I'm down for whatever 8)

BigBoyLemonade
13-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Saturday Night!

Lets go to Octoberfest!!!! Thats where Im going to be!

KittyKatSmack
13-10-2003, 07:04 PM
How much is it and where is it? At Exhibition park?

What is the info on it Tony? Can you post it up? All the goss n stuff on Oktoberfest?

Sounds like your stand in Batch party?

We can go there after the Fyshwick tour of duty :wink:

Cosmo Dude
13-10-2003, 07:25 PM
A Brak a mass!!!

* Sorry my German is a little sketchy *

Last years www.oktoberfest.de was a fantastic laugh. I admire a country that has laws on the purity of their beer.

Rod

Dogo
13-10-2003, 09:22 PM
i agree. Oktoberfest sounds good. Why not do the pr0n cruse fri nite, and oktoberfest sat night.

KittyKatSmack
13-10-2003, 09:36 PM
But Dogo..... You will miss out....

I will do pr0n cruise if ppl get here in time to do it! That includes you Dogo!!

And so far the numbers are not looking the best!!!

joely and kar10w are looking at day trip only on Saturday and they will miss out.....

BigBoyLemonade
13-10-2003, 10:06 PM
I will get some details..

All I know its my birthday on the 25th October
and I love the Beer in the Steins

I will get some more details!

Wunderberg!

KittyKatSmack
14-10-2003, 12:39 AM
OH NO!!!!!

DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Hmmm, Tony is also a scorpio!

I'll tail wrestle ya!

If not, stacks on Dogo!!!!!

kar10w
14-10-2003, 08:43 AM
aite. joely, where in sydney are ya? what time do you reckon we should head down to canberra?

any other sydney peeps comin'?

Dogo
14-10-2003, 09:30 AM
But Dogo..... You will miss out....

not really. i reckon Oktoberfest sounds like more fun anyway :?
more sociable

not that a pr0n cruise doesnt sound like fun, but AstinaGT partying at oktoberfest takes my 1st vote :D

Rupewrecht
14-10-2003, 10:12 AM
cooll i'm in for OktobEErfest - sounds good!

KittyKatSmack
14-10-2003, 11:04 AM
OK Oktoberfest it is for Tony/Kitty's Birthdays/Annual AstinaGT Bash/Semi Tony Batch Party etc etc.....

Will find out details and post......

Also need final numbers and days staying for accom.....

C'mon you Vic people, hassle the rest of the VIC members to come along.
I have seen no one hassle Kyra or City End yet.... they would have been obvious targets!

Odd Rod and Critter ~ we do Pr0n cruise at other time for ya's ok?

*still wants to see Dan wearin' the Gimp suit*

ABC
14-10-2003, 11:40 AM
When you're done washing cars come down to the lake for a photo at the beach next to the National Museum so that I can drool from on the water.

I'll be the one with the bright orange sail! :D

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18668/p/521817_5291666695669936558_vl.jpg

Aaron
14-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Beach next to Nat Muse? Dorections please?

A.

ABC
14-10-2003, 02:35 PM
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18668/p/524030_547681924627683793_vl.jpg

Not the prettiest of beaches on the planet but I'm pretty sure you can still get onto it with a car without too much trouble. will check on the way home tonight.

Dogo
14-10-2003, 02:36 PM
LOL kitty its almost worth moving the meet down to melb since theres more enthusiasm from the melb ppl than the 'northies' :P

pr1mo
14-10-2003, 03:35 PM
hehe yar id be coming if it was in melbourne :P

Rupewrecht
14-10-2003, 03:45 PM
why do you think it's being held it in canberra, mike? :P ..|..

Aaron
14-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Nice call Dan ;)

I'll check out the Beach as well before hte weekend and see how the light runs for photos etc.... Me would probably like to do it with good sunshine over cars not shade ;)

Aaron
14-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Oh I think the reason Kitty called it for Canberra was:

* It is meant to be easier to get people from other states to meet here.
* We don't have those pathetic 3km/h speed cameras everywhere raping wallets
* Canberra is a pretty decent place and less of a ****fight getting from Point A to B..... (and a $2 map will suffice for navigation)

And so on... I'd guess the next big meet would be elsewhere? 'praps even three a year may be in order? Melb, Canb, Syd?

Cosmo Dude
14-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Confirming that I'll be there on Thusrday and leaving on Sunday. If you're organising accomodation KKS then count me in, and thanks.

Rod

KittyKatSmack
14-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Roger Dodger!

Can't wait for the big meeting of Cosmic Rod and Odd Rod!

Speaking of which......

Odd Rod and Critter... did you guys get your accom sorted? Personally I have no idea about a Novatel..... Tony? any clues on whether or not there is a Novatel in Canberra?

Where are the rest of the Sydney and Melbourne folk?

Hey Dan, can you do that magic email thingy you mentioned?

dfvadr
14-10-2003, 04:35 PM
any off u guys from sydney or wollongong i live in albion park at the bottom off macquarie pass its about 2 hours from here to canberra critter an i r travelling together if u guys wanna meet at my house pm me for the address you will have to be here by 9 o'clock am sat

kar10w
14-10-2003, 10:21 PM
macquarie pass? i was planning to leave campbelltown round 9, but i guess i can leave at 8 to get there at 9. how many minutes drive from wollongong centre is albion park (sounds familiar).

any other guys representin' sydney? come on! 8)

bRaDiNhO
14-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Maybe come sat night but cant leave till 6pm absolute earliest. Otherwise love to be there. Not having a job kinda blows as well - makes petrol and accom seem that bit more $$$$$$$. :(

Cosmo Dude
14-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Can't wait for the big meeting of Cosmic Rod and Odd Rod!

If too many years of bad Sci-Fi have tought me any leasons we should be OK as long as we don't actualy touch, else it could be the end of the world (maybe the universe) :P

Cosmic Rod

Critter
15-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Odd Rod and i will be needing to know where we might find people about 11.00 to 11.30 on Sat morning. I have Lantis' and BigMal mobile numbers that's all....

Kitty, you wanna pm me yours?

dfvadr
15-10-2003, 04:30 PM
from wollongong to albion park is about 15 to 20 minutes depending how u drive but u wouldn't go into town just come down mt ousley an keep heading down the freeway to yallah turn right at the big roundabout to jamberoo follow that till u come to the lights turn right then take 2nd left into ameral ave then 2nd left into jeffcoat st, no-18 ur here
spend the money u guys its once a year the vic poeple wil be there so its probly the only time off year we can all be together

Toyboy
15-10-2003, 04:37 PM
I havent got the money to spend :cry:

dfvadr
15-10-2003, 04:47 PM
damn hoping everybody would come out an meet up
i dont really now either blow my turbo on my truck on monday lucky if im getting any change out $5500

Osprey06
16-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Personally I have no idea about a Novatel..... Tony? any clues on whether or not there is a Novatel in Canberra?
I can't think of a novatel in canberra and a yellowpages search showed nothing, so I'd say there isn't one...

I should be up for a cruise as that's after my last essay for uni (but before final exams :roll: )

Cheers,
James

kar10w
16-10-2003, 01:30 PM
ah er um. might not be able to make it down now. had a small accident. sorry kitty :(. 3k damage! - not written off though; phew. will try to get into smash repairs today and hope to get back before next weekend - we'll see. else i'll be driving down in the charade courtesy car :(.

i'll miss the pr0n crawl!!! *wah wah*

KittyKatSmack
16-10-2003, 02:48 PM
karlo,
if you have to, carpool with someone, get in touch with joely!

I have found out the novatel is the jolimont centre, but.........

The F1 is $59 a night and has up to 3 beds in a room.
So, why not bunk in fella's?
Split between two people is basically $30
Split between three is $20

As our Odd Rod said, Its the Annual Meet and if the Victorians can do it, well Hell you guys, do you want to be outdone here????
A bit of healthy competition between the states!!!

And besides, from what I have seen of other forums, even the Ford guys get better numbers than we do.

So time to get off our asses and get moving!

Come on AstinaGt, lets show them what we are capable of!!!!

Lets do it for the Dipper!

dfvadr
16-10-2003, 06:13 PM
YER GUYS NO EXCUSES ME AN CRITTER ARE CAR POOLING DOWN
KITTY WE WILL HAVE A ROOM AT THE FORMULA-1 AN IF THERE IS 3 BEDS SOME-ONE ELSE COULD BUNK AN WE SHARE OUR COSTS
BY THE WAY THAT ROOM SATURDAY NITE PLZ

mrpayner
16-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Ermm.... due to the shortness of the weekend and the length of the drive 1 hour to Melbourne from Ballarat and then the other 6 hours up the Hume to ACT! I am having to pull out unfortunately.. sorry KKS

BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAYS TO KKS & TONY!!!

If it's any consolation I will be driving past/through/around/over Canberra on Boxing Day hopefully as I head to my old place of growing up at Bowral... So I will be stopping there to meet my cousin as well.. We should meet up then.

Have a great day.. want to see plenty of pics..

AP

dfvadr
17-10-2003, 06:34 PM
ok guys an girls i have been ringing around the motels including for-1 an there booked out for world cup
australian capital motor inn has 5 rooms with 2 double bunks a tiolet an shower just big enough for 2 adults even though there is 4 beds he said there small so only 2 adults per room for $65 dollars a room other wise maybe a caravan

JynX
20-10-2003, 09:22 PM
depending on wheter i can get the car registered in time, I and possible mik may be making an appearance on sat

sik astina
21-10-2003, 07:15 PM
yes. hope u get it registered :D

-Mick

dfvadr
21-10-2003, 07:42 PM
hope u do jynx
will be good to catch up with all u guys an girls
mal has been quiet u comin mal ? where are the rest off the sydney guys an girls

JynX
21-10-2003, 08:23 PM
where u meeting up with critter rod? mik and I will catch up with you there

dfvadr
21-10-2003, 08:33 PM
critter is picking me up at my house at around 9 am or a bit earlier [not much earlier i dont think lol] but you guys can turn up when ever u want ill be up at about 730 ready to go lol im at 18 jeffcoat st albion park
do u guys have a room booked or u just doing a day trip

joely
21-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Holy Sh!t thats this weekend. That came up heaps fast. I'll see if I can pull some strings... they'll have to be big strings though!!

JynX
22-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Just a day trip I think. We will get to your place by 9 then.

Harry
22-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Hey Kitty,

I have some work up in Cooma that weekend and was thinking I might drive up for it. What time is "Arvo"? as I would have to drive down from Cooma.

Andrew

KittyKatSmack
22-10-2003, 02:47 PM
OK folks, sorry for the delays, I have really had a very VERY bad day today....
So far we stand like this:

Attendees:

rupewrecht & vix ~ Friday to Sunday ~ accom sorted

Dogo & grewvie ~ Saturday nite ~ accom not sorted MSN me please Dogo, you are welcome to use some space at my place

Cosmic Rod ~ Thursday to Sunday ~ accom not sorted I am hoping to find out where Critter and Odd Rod are staying so I can book you there..... sorry, worse come to worse, there is a lounge here with your name on it :) Shoot me now or shoot me later, just make sure I have had some alcoholic bevvies first????

Critter ~ Saturday to Sunday ~ accom sorted
Odd Rod ~ Saturday to Sunday ~ accom sorted
Jinx ~ Daytripper
Sik Mick ~ Daytripper
joely ~ Daytripper
Kar10w ~ Daytripper? are you carpooling with joely or someone?
bRaDiNh0 ~ Daytripper
Harry ~ Daytripper arvo is whenever you get here :D

Locals:
Lantis
aaron & I
astina
Osprey06

Thursday:
Catchup with Cosmic Rod ~ we have day off work so np's there!

Friday:
I am working until lunchtime ~ home after that.
We do a dinner somewhere with Rod, Dan, Vix, Tony (and his other half? Tony?) Aaron, myself and any of the Canberra locals that want to join in.

Saturday:
Pics, then Questacon, then BBQ, then more pics, then Oktoberfest

Sunday:
Pr0n for those that want it

What does everyone think?
We can ditch Questacon on Saturday in favour of more pics, pr0n or longer BBQ.

Aaron's mobile number, which you can contact me on most of the time, is:
0417 694 578
(I only posting his up because I leave mine behind, or in my bag, or upstairs or somewhere I'm not, LOL)

QUESTIONS?

KittyKatSmack
22-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Aaron just had a good idea....

can everyone send him an sms with their nick so we can assign it in his phone book thingy (that's a technical term ya know).

Thanks everyone!

This is gonna be a GREAT weekend!!!!!

Cheers!

Aaron
22-10-2003, 02:53 PM
And I'll feel popular... Serieous ly though it helps me establish if I should be running towards a street directory, or looking for a certain car etc... And we can pick on peopel parked in from of pr0n shops ;)

A.

Cosmo Dude
22-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Be there tomorrow :P
Like to know about accomodation soon as Canberra is a little buisy ATM.
Physio at 8am then drive to Benalla to visit a friend then through to Canberra to scare out GWB :lol:

Rod

P.S. I may take the lappie to keep in touch.

JynX
22-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Ditch questacon...

KittyKatSmack
22-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Another exhaustive Jynx post.....

My response is:

Why?

and

In favour of what?

I wanna go to Questacon coz 1. I haven't been there and 2. I've been told it's really cool and lots of fun!
:P

Rupewrecht
22-10-2003, 11:14 PM
what is questacon again? it sounds geeky :P

Critter
23-10-2003, 08:23 AM
It's an interactive science "museum".

And it IS pretty cool....

BigBoyLemonade
23-10-2003, 08:28 AM
12 foot drop onto a slippery slide I call fun! :mrgreen: :D

JynX
23-10-2003, 08:53 AM
its like $14 to get in and it really aint that exciting... same as the powerhouse in sydney... prefer to laze around in a park and sink tinnies...

KittyKatSmack
23-10-2003, 11:15 AM
what is questacon again? it sounds geeky :P

if it sounds geeky, doesn't that mean you'll love it?

It is supposed to be fun and it should be really entertaining!!!!!!

I wanna see how competitive you guys really are!

Anyway, I will hunt down some brochures n stuff and we can always take a vote!

Anyone who has a student card or anything like that, bring it along for discount!

Besides, a couple of hours of fun isn't going to eat into your tinny time Jynx... there will be plenty of time for drinkin' n stuff at Oktoberfest!!!

JynX
23-10-2003, 11:46 AM
goto questacon on sunday :)

Dogo
23-10-2003, 12:44 PM
im guessing most of the melb ppl will be driving home sunday :?

Go to Questacon on saturday!

Aaron
23-10-2003, 01:12 PM
*sniffs the air*

Do I smell a voluteer who's going to find a BBQ location, stake out 12 parking spots nearby, set up the BBQ, start cooking and sink some cans while we all go stupid at Questacon?

*sniffs again*

Yup that's frying onions.... Sausages too... *drools*

A.

KittyKatSmack
23-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Well everyone, Cosmic Rod has arrived safe n sound....

Next will be Rupe and Vix.....

This is gettin' fun!!!!!

Remi
24-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi Guys

Im new, I only found this site this arvo. Im a canberra local, which park is everyone meeting at on saturday? I would like to come down and meet a few fellow astina owners.

Rem

Dogo
24-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Thats a good question!

umm i dont know, but if no-one replies that does know, contact Aaron / Kitty on the phone number given earlier : 0417 694 578

see u there hopefully !

KittyKatSmack
24-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Welcome Remi.....

We haven't settled on a site for Saturday yet, it may end up at Edgar's Inn at Ainslie.....

Just ring the number on Saturday, I think the group will be together by 11am.

You will be very welcome to come along and join the fun.

8)

dfvadr
24-10-2003, 10:04 PM
well guys an girls if u are still going you can meet at my house if u like be here by 9am 18 jeffcoat st albion park
i no a few people are coming a bit earlier so ill be up an eager to go the more the merrier

KittyKatSmack
25-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Hope you Sydney/Wollongong crooozers have left!!!!

See you soon!!!

dfvadr
26-10-2003, 09:39 PM
ok guys an girls had a great time with you all thank you
an for the ones that didn't make damn shame but i will catch you all at sum time /but use really missed a good week - end was fuelly shiccccccccccccc moittttttttttt i got that excited i grew hair [not] but u get the message
ps i think the peoples down there were glad to see me go

Cosmo Dude
26-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Well that was a hoot :D :D :D
't was good meeting those I hadn't met before and catching-up with those I had 8)

Good meeting Remi (the new guy). The clear side lenses that everybody seems to have can be found at www.ozeparts.com.au or just get some VS Commodore ones, modify them and attach with some selastic :D

Rod

KittyKatSmack
26-10-2003, 09:43 PM
Never!!!!!

You are good value Rod!!!!

And that blonde suits you!!!!

Now where's that video of you n Critter dancing outside my house?

We will be there to vote for ya at Autosalon!!!!!!

Wonder if Kitty will get a new car???? Who's car will it be this time? Your's Rod? ;)

And if anyone has ever wondered how many people you can fit into an astina... the answer will be coming soon....

Cosmo Dude
26-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Forgot about the Astina slam :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must've been the effects of Oktoberfest :twisted:

Rod

sik astina
26-10-2003, 09:55 PM
leanne and i had a great time. after thos drinks kitty, leanne slept all the way home
lol :lol:

was good to meet some new ppl on here and great to see the Melb boys
that made the trip. Was great to catch up :mrgreen:.

-Mick

JynX
26-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Ill second all of the above. Good trip, sept for my damn seat.... oh well.

Good too meet some of the melbournites.

Dogo
27-10-2003, 09:12 AM
i had grrreat weekend !!

good to meet those i hadnt met b4, and catching up with the others is always good fun.

so how was Questacon ?

Pity i couldnt get time off work else i couldve been there more :)

Dogo
27-10-2003, 12:11 PM
and a BIG THANK YOU to Kitty and Aaron for organising things and running ppl around

MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS ! :D :D

Critter
27-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Yeah, ditto Dogo :)

Could to catch up with and meet folks, had a good time and thanx to Kitty and Aaron who were excellent "hosts" for organising etc....

KittyKatSmack
27-10-2003, 05:32 PM
OK, still haven't had time to post a PROPER result of the Annual Bash weekend, I should do a write up, which I hope to do this week sometime!

Firstly, a big thankyou to everyone that came along!!!!

It was great to see all the old and new faces.

A big Long Distance Hooray to our Victorian contingents.

Our fearless leader Tony ~ Happy Birthday for Saturday and hope you enjoyed your last weekend as an unmarried man. The dreadlocks and beads suited you!

Our furthest traveller was Cosmic Rod ~ spirited driving on the lakefront and a tie with our longest stayers.

Our longest staying couple were Rupewrecht and Vix :wink: hooray for stamina ~ $50???? You'll be in the litter for that when I get to Melbourne in December!!!

Our shortest couple were Dogo and Grewvie ~ and we ain't talking height, maybe all those pitstops were a bad idea, or is it my astina is faster than your astina, or is that my astina your in, who's astina belongs to who? The Marvellous Who Own's Tony's Astina Question

Our shortest stayers were Jynx ~ our ONLY representative from Sydney;
and Sik Mick and Miss 323 ~ the most BEWDIFUL couple!
Glad Leanne enjoyed the champagne, saved the need for the earplugs :lol:

Our oddest couple of course were Odd Rod and Critter ~ who were the loudest "dump it Kitty" and the blondest. Also the best chicken dancers :wink:

Our bravest was Remi, well done to come and meet everyone without knowing anything about any of us!

Our brightest was Aaron in Bruce ~ who was also the biggest BA there! Oh Baby!!!!

It really was a great time, lots of laughter and good natured fun!

I am so glad to count you all as friends (whether you all like it or not!! hahaha!!!!!) and look forward to seeing you all again next time.

The next big event is AutoSalon in Sydney and then the AstinaGT Xmas Doo!
I will also be in Melbourne in late December and Early January so I hope to meet a lot of you Victorians that couldn't make it to Canberra this time around.

Photo's to be put up this week hopefully!!!!!

Cheers to one and all, and to all a good night

:D 8) :wink: :lol:

Aaron
27-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Ill second all of the above. Good trip, sept for my damn seat.... oh well.

Good too meet some of the melbournites.

Jynx - Six hours of proper ab exercises in a single day - People pay good money for that! You should feel blessed to have gotten it for nothing 8)

Aaron
27-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks to all those that came.

It was a weekend with highlights too numerous to get them all down in one post but I'm glad I could play may part in the 'bash'.

Bruce the 'Big BA' had a great time with all his cousins and especially because he got to play 'taxi' to and from Ocktober Fest. Drag racing optional - well not really optional :)

I'm a little cheesed that we couldn't offer better weather (it's clear and sunny today) but we were lucky - on the Saturday a couple of trees went over and at least one guy Kitty and I know lost part of his roof in a more northern part of town.

Hopefully the Kitty and I will get all the pics sorted, and uploaded soon!

A.

Dogo
28-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Daves 3 quick nasty pictures :

http://www.davesole.net/photos/cars/agt_251003/

Remi
28-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the good time guys. Sorry I couldnt stay any longer but I had tickets to the rugby that night. I hope we can catch up again sometime soon.

Kitty you were saying somthing about how many people you can fit in an astina? I have had 10, three in the front, 5 in the back and 2 in the boot. Quite an experience. :D

Remi
28-10-2003, 12:04 PM
The clear side lenses that everybody seems to have can be found at www.ozeparts.com.au or just get some VS Commodore ones, modify them and attach with some selastic :D

Rod

Thanks Rod, They havent got any in stock at the moment, but the second they do I will have a set of them.

Rem

Rupewrecht
28-10-2003, 01:53 PM
It. Was. Really. Good. :D

big thanks to kitty + aaron (and Addy and Duke) for their hospitality/organisational skills/cat hair ;)

was good to see everybody again - even if i did have to travel to Canberra to see CosmoRod again ;)

umm lots more i wanted to say but cant remember it at the moment..except that i'd forgotten just how pretty SikMick is :P

cheers
Dan + Vix

OY33AH
28-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey Kitty,

I slept most of the way home after just a tad too many drinks, funny thing was
seeing one of my gong workmates at Marulan roadhouse! Couldn't believe it!

I had a great time everyone, thanks for a great day!

Oh, one last thing Dan, hands off! Sik's mine, all mine!!

~Leanne~

KittyKatSmack
29-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Just glad you didn't hurt your ears Leanne!

And you are welcome anytime, you and Mick!

We love you guys!

Wish you could all come back and party on for lunch at the big party on Saturday.....

93SP
31-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Damn...missed it! Was in Sydney and haven't been on the net for a few weeks... Might make it to the next one here in Canberra.

dfvadr
01-11-2003, 10:37 PM
hi guys these r my pics not the best but there here
an bill an kitty the exhaust is there too http://www.buzurk.com/cruise2003/

KittyKatSmack
04-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey some of those pics are awesome Rod!

My blondeness is fabulous darlink!

Love them!

Cheers!

monzie
13-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Hell Yeah i'll be comming down from the gong . First timer, so its should be fun :) Will you guys be passing through wollongong or taking the hume to canberra?

platypus
13-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Hell Yeah i'll be comming down from the gong . First timer, so its should be fun :) Will you guys be passing through wollongong or taking the hume to canberra?
Welcome dude!!!

the 25th of October was a saturday in 2003 (when this was organised) but will be a tuesday this year?

next BIG cruise i know of is November? unless your at Jamboree this weekend just outside of Brisbane...

and its all good mate, i think a few people have done it :p

KittyKatSmack
13-09-2005, 10:11 AM
20th of November 2005 is Marques in the Park, it's a huge car display that clubs from all over the place are joining in on.

We would love to see you and welcome you to the AstinaGT family :)

By all means, keep that enthusiasm and motivation going, and we look forward to seeing you on the 20th!

Cheers!