PDA

View Full Version : replacing stock front speakers 5X7

edskii
29-09-2003, 09:41 AM
yes that's right the size is 5X7, I was so stupid and bought a pair of 6.5 infinity reference series and took me one whole day to mod the door panels to have the woofers and tweeters in. End result is much better than 5X7 in both look and sound departments. So to all the people out there are replacing front speakers.....they are 5X7s

Dogo
29-09-2003, 11:26 AM
yes they are.

how do the infinitys sound ? i havnt heard their 6.5" splits. did u modify the door trim ? u could've just put them in the stock holes with a baffle. much easier :wink:

edskii
29-09-2003, 12:40 PM
yeah they sound pretty decent considering i hooked them straight from my HU, the tweeters sound excellent. the speakers are comparable to JL splits, I'm looking for a 4chn amp atm so the SQ should improve, i wouldn't recommend them if u r after bass, in which case you would be better off with MB Q. or Focal but they are $$$$ . The mod took me so long coz i had to fit a 6.5 mdf btwn the glass panel and the door frame then screwed the speakers straight onto the mdf (which you can buy at autobarn) it's rock solid,I also had to hammer back part of the original 5X7 port as i couldn't fit the 6.5 in, remmember to check out your wiring not to get it in the way of the glass winding mechanism, . the tweeters fit perfectly into the black panel where you have the controls for ur mirrors and central locking..... damn tired but happy with the result.