PDA

View Full Version : How much for a "Touch Up" respray?

kemicalx
08-10-2003, 10:58 PM
G'day

How much should i look at paying if i want my BG completely resprayed in the same colour including mirrors, (no door skins removed, etc) My car has suffered from lots of nicks and scratches probally more than a Cut and Polish is going to cure.

Could someone list the spectrum of prices from a completely ****ty job that'll fade after 2 months right up to the perfectionist paint job that'll last longer than the car :p Is there a nice balance between good quality good and an affordible job?

Thanks in advance.

kemicalx
12-10-2003, 01:53 PM
anyone?

Cosmo Dude
12-10-2003, 02:00 PM
It's a little hard to tell.
Best person to ask would be a bodyshop :shock: 8) :roll: I'd expect about $1k + for a good respray in the factory colour. Depends on what you want but don't quote me.
I had the bar, bonnet, both front guards, mirrors and one door done for $550 in metalic paint.

Rod

kemicalx
12-10-2003, 03:02 PM
$550 sounds reasonable. the few thing that definatly need to be resprayed including the: front left fender (after being panel beaten), rear left door (abpb), both right doors (abpb) and the front bumper, but I want a custom one of those anyway. If take all the panels off and bring them in IE. saving them the effort of doing it would the job be cheaper?

Cosmo Dude
12-10-2003, 04:30 PM
It's a little hard to tell.
Best person to ask would be a bodyshop :shock: 8) :roll: Rod

Ask your local body shop. You've just added a custom front bar, that will need more prep work, = more time and material.

Rod

If you do the assembly and re-assembly then you will be responsable for any scratches. They do vehicle assembly and disassembly on a daily basis and are a lot better at it than you are.

kemicalx
12-10-2003, 04:44 PM
true but it's not very hard to do.

dfvadr
12-10-2003, 07:46 PM
somewhere around $170 a guard $220 a door tail gate $250 1/4 panels $180 each $250-350 roof an bonnet [thats each] front bar $250+ rear bar same thats not including repairs to panels thats a straight paint job these prices are based on, a panel shop in sydney no deals just straight out pricing
hope that helps u

kemicalx
12-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks dude :)

wiredone
22-10-2003, 09:47 PM
yeah odd12c... really as far as paint goes you can spend big dollars if you wish... i have a mate with a 300zx in black... hes so particular about the paint he spent $10K on the respray... and its in black!

looks ****in good though everything, engine bay, everything... stripped the whole car bar... hand filed and sanded the car back

usually it also depends on whether it is a panel shop or a mobile dude... usually mobile guys are cheaper but you have to find a good one as its easy to get dirt or crap in the paint whie ding it ON the car