PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for Sydney girl with red Astina

lil'redcar
26-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone,

Firstly can I say how thrilled I am to have found all of you as I know that being Astina people you will truly understand me and my car!
I have an 1993 Astina SP Hatch BG10P2.

I desperatley need some advice.
I have decided to sell my car, but having never sold a car, I dont know where to start. What I do know is that I have some issues with the car that I dont know how to resolve or whether I should even try to resolve them before I sell. The issues are all essentially cosmetic. It still drives beautifully and it has only done 149,000 kms.

I dont know whether this was vandalism or just wear and tear. ( I just noticed it one day recently). The black plastic that runs around the door windows - the strip that runs along the bottom of the window/ top of the door, is BADLY chipped/eroded on all four doors.

I have rusting on my sun roof

The front driver side window gets badly stuck when going up and down and makes some very loud scary noises.

paint chipping of the side mirrors.

Any reccomendations/advice would be very deeply appreciated!! I would really like to get the car sold ASAP. Would someone buy it in this condition?

Thanks,

Lauren.
P.S I will post a photo SOON

mickey_323
30-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Everything you have listed there will cost you a few $ to repair. Unfortunately there is no easy solution for rust and erosion. Little paint chips can be repaired with paint from auto stores. (but is it worth it?)

As its cosmetic and not mechanical a sale shouldn't be too hard. There are lots of people out there who don't car if their car looks good, they just want to get from A to B.

Basically, you spend money on it so you can sell it for a bit more. Or you sell it as it is for a bit less... Should even out.

Surely if its running beautifully and has not mechanical problems then you will be able to sell it if you ask the right price.

You can always get it valued.... Websites like carsales can roughly value your car.

sorry i couldn't help you more.

goodluck with the sale

mickey_323
30-07-2008, 04:48 PM
p.s

that sort of wear and tear on the outside is expected from a 15 year old car... so the buyer will probably be anticipating some paint chips and a spot of rust

mussing
30-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I'd be getting rid of the rust before selling if you can. It's one of those key words that can really put a buyer off, like 'damaged'. Would you want a car with rust? At the very least, I reckon give the sunroof itself a cut and polish.

lil'redcar
01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks so much for the advice!

I think I might go ahead and post it for sale in the for sale section! At least I know another Astina lover will buy it!:):)