PDA

View Full Version : BG suspension and wheel oddities.

chrisw
17-08-2008, 04:14 PM
hey i had some questions about my BG that i needed some clarification on.

- one thing, is it really front heavy? or are my tyres meant to have much higher PSI (they are bridgestone g-grids, with no psi rating on the tyre)

asking because at 32-34psi, they still look flat, massive flat spot on the bottom of the tyre when the cars sitting there, is it just massively front heavy or something? just seems odd.

- is my suspension fairly firm or is it stock? i chocked the back wheels so i could jack up the front to check out some suspension components, i jacked up the front right, and the rear wheel was already over the chock! same with the otherside. far as im concerned its stock suspension, counted the "levels" or rings on the springs though, 4 from top to bottom on the front, 5 or 6 on the back.

- what bushings do you reccomend changing? most of mine seem pretty buggered but not shaking all over the place, just cracked, worn and horrible.

whats the most ideal to look at? all i know of in terms of names is the swaybar bushing.

also is there a list for the sizing on the bushings? im just looking for cheap OEM style replacements (rubber) not after polyurethane or whatever aftermarket ones they are.

cheers guys.