PDA

View Full Version : Camber, Spanners, the colour Purple and girls.

project.r.racing
31-08-2008, 03:02 PM
The picture below was taken by Dan on a previous Queensland cruise. Take note of the rear wheel.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/deejayryry/agtqld_030.jpg

Yes it's running positive camber. I mean alot of postive camber. All +3.0 degrees of it. It's seriously pointing the the wrong directions.

So I did the normal dissasemble and reassemble of the control and trailling arms and that coilover for that corner. Did the fine adjusting and got it back to -0.5.

Towards the end of doing so, my partner Melissa came out and exclaimed to me that my coilovers were purple, "Look, they are purple." Then saw the hook spanner and asked what is does. I started to explain what they are and how they are used to turn the spring feet bolts, adjusting the height up and down. Then she got completely confused about what I was explaining and lost concerntration and the noticed the coilovers again, "Wow they are really purple."

So to me, coilovers are for handling and and the adjustability for my driving style. To Melissa, it's all about the purple factor.

So if anyone wants to get coilovers but their missus says no due to whatever reasons, just tell her they are colourful. And it'll be all good.

Ryan

70NYD
31-08-2008, 04:33 PM
haha thats what myn said when i was looking at the ebay add n she saw the photo :)

rambo
31-08-2008, 04:47 PM
"Wow they are really purple."

Hahaha,

Putonyourshoes
31-08-2008, 05:28 PM
hahahaha good for a laugh:)

RedLineResident
31-08-2008, 07:56 PM
will you be selling your coilovers before selling the astina?

my mrs will hate them, but oh well, who needs comfort.

Putonyourshoes
31-08-2008, 08:44 PM
dibs:P nawww im just kidding redline. but im second in line haha

hks_kansei
31-08-2008, 11:14 PM
lol, I got the same thing when my Eibach's arrived.

"ooh, they're red, they match the car!"