PDA

View Full Version : Dials 2001+ Laser/323

DCSR
14-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Greetings....

I'm interested in aquiring some new dials....Having the SR Laser...i got black dials as stock.
I know the SR2 dials are white, BUT, do they change colour/glow at night?
AND....ODD-12C's dials are the Same design, so they will also fit...do his 1's change clolour/glow also?

Finally, once i do get a set, how easy will it be to change them over?
Do i have to remove the whole dash or will just the instrument cluster come out?
I'm not very knowledgeable about these type of things.

Cheers for your help

Dave

dfvadr
14-10-2003, 05:25 PM
hi dave if u look close u will see my dials are done blue on white background and they glow red at nite [ie:parkers on]
as for changing them u just remove the dash cluster an dont frig around with the instruments if u dont no wat ur doing will become very expensive

DCSR
14-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Thanks champ, Did you create them or are they aftermarket? if so, could you point me in the right direction....i haven't gone to a ford parts place to source the SR2 dials...and don;t even know what colour they go when the lights are on.
If i decide to get some replacement dials...i'll be refering to some experianced help to install them...as i know absolutly NOTHING about such things.
Thanks for your info

Dave

dfvadr
15-10-2003, 03:37 PM
no there my originals i dune them that way myself

platypus
01-02-2004, 12:26 PM
hmmm, well bringing up old posts.....

you could go in to a custom place.... motoquipe, and i think autojoy will both do EL gauges for you, cost is about $320, including install... they charge the same price to supply only..... its just easier to get it done by them, coz if you break that gauge panel, your looking at a cost of $1200!!!

larry laser
18-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey Dave,
have a look on www.etronicauto.com , thay have el dials to suit 2001 Laser, I am going to order a set for my laser later on.

Chris.

platypus
02-06-2004, 06:28 PM
i like those dials a lot, they are the suppliers to motoquipe and auto joy too!