PDA

View Full Version : $300 bucks of goodies, need some opinions

chrisw
19-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Ok, ive had a search and came up with a few little things that i could get / do for my car for a budget of 300 dollars but nothing really that i havent done already.

So im after some opinions on a shopping list of things, or things i can do to my car to the value of 300 dollars, best bang for buck, blingy bits (ok, my opinion of blingy bits is things like anodized fuel reg. polished covers, polished strut mount etc even though thats more function than form)

for the reference of the post, car details below.

91 BG astina, low km still but its a fairly aged car so little things like valve stems are slowly starting to show (mainly hard revving gets a little puff, nothing much though)

modifications so far:

tiny pod filter with duct, but with standard intake still
polished valve cover
nice exhaust from Dru
been serviced fully already
pedders springs on good cond shockies.
ball joints
brakes have already been changed, just pads and rotors
already changed stereo to a USB / SD with new 6" up front and 4" up back (just standard replacement, im a tech guy, as long as the stereo works im happy!)

ideas please :(

my only ideas so far was some mod other guys have done, replacing the intake piping with nice stainless tubes, and silicon / stainless bends, but wasent sure what to use / where to get it

would LOVE an electronic ignition conversion kit, but ... well, ive only found one nice kit for that at 300 dollars and that was 2 years ago (fireball xr700)

halp :(

mussing
20-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Put the money in the bank for when those valve stem seals actually need replacing.

Or maybe sound deaden it.

Why do you need to spend the money at all?

rodhog
20-09-2008, 12:57 AM
I agree.

You car sounds like typical - never thrashed untill you get it. Rev it harder and you stretch the pistons further then it's been warn into. Quite common.
I've done it several times. Always notice it when I tear them down can feel the bore liner has and extra lip at top.

It will start with the head and may never fail uptop. but I've seen it go from small puff to large smoke screen.

Save the money. For future problems.

but if you must - Rear sway bar.