PDA

View Full Version : BigMal re the whiteline stuff...

chuky
15-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey ther Mal (or to who ever else this applies or can help)...

You replied to a post a little while back about whiteline springs and you also mentioned that their top of the range springs wer Konis and that a guy from the UK would be better off sourcing them locally..

Here's the thing, I'm in Ireland and am considering ordering off Whiteline because Koni and all these other manufacturers tell me that they don't do them as standard but that they'll knock up a set for around €950 whereas the Whitelines come out about €450 (shock, springs and shipping)..

In your opinion are they an ok set/manufacturer??

Appreciate any help, sorry if the post is long winded.
Chuky

mazda-mike
17-10-2003, 06:09 AM
wow thats decent price were from mate? Also any descriptions on the stuff? I was the uk person lol still aint got nothin yet though....

BigMal
17-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Chuky,
Just to reconfirm the Shocks are koni not the springs. Springs are whiteline.
Suprised Koni's are that dear over there considering they originate from europe.
Maybe go onto yahoogroups.com and search for whiteline as they have a
email group and ask them for model numbers and if they will post to Ireland.

Regards

Mal

Critter
17-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Anything from Whiteline is excellent as far as I'm concerned.

chuky
17-10-2003, 08:16 PM
hey guys..
lemme see.. Mazda-mike, they have two UK distributers listed on their website... I'm currrently chatting to one of those but we're having a bit of trouble with the product numbers..

I'm also in touch with whiteline and they have no problem shipping, however, the Irish government do and will charge VAT @ 21% and a further customs levy of 4.5% which changes the picture a little..

I am still interested tho...very much so cheers for the help and i'll let ye know which way i go..

Either way the car is getting shocks and springs and very soon :)