PDA

View Full Version : Headlight adjuster broken

fibagent
19-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Anyone else have this problem? How did you get around it?

I tried bringing the highbeam light up and got it in a perfect position then suddenly it dropped and wont go up or down anymore :(

Cheers!

project.r.racing
19-10-2008, 07:27 AM
what car?

Cosmo Dude
19-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Broken headlight adjusters, better than even chance it's a BA ;)

project.r.racing
19-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Broken headlight adjusters, better than even chance it's a BA ;)i'm assuming that too, but just thought i should ask.

and if it is a BA, then there is no high beam adjustment on it. so that's what has thrown me a bit.

fibagent
19-10-2008, 09:30 AM
hehe yes it's a BA, it does have highbeam adjusters. I think I made it go too far up then it just dropped down and refuses to go up or down now :(

Cosmo Dude
19-10-2008, 09:42 AM
All of the adjusters have a right angle gear that goes FUBAR.
You can take the light out and pull the gears assy apart and see if they are salvagable. If not then either adjust at the gear level or replace the lights.

Lots of threads with pics, you just have to find them.

fibagent
19-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks cosmo.

Do you think this would involve removing the headlight cover as well? I'm not a very good cook! hehe

fibagent
19-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh I see it now, this will involve pulling the headlight apart. There's that white plastic block that the adjuster screw goes into... I guess you could replace that with a block of plastic chopping board with a hole drilled through it. Unfortunately my oven doesn't work haha