PDA

View Full Version : Obama

70NYD
05-11-2008, 04:02 PM
well most of you prob know this already, as it has happend a while ago, and it was on the news and radio but i just wanna share that Barack Obama has been elected and will be inaugurated as the 44th american president :)
i know it doesnt affect us here in Oz much or at all but WHOOOT finally a president that is not a old fart hehe :D

bourbon
05-11-2008, 04:08 PM
im glad hes president...but it will effect us here...they are our major allies so it will effect us...

but woooo hooooooo!!!

heard a joke today..."now that we have a black president are they gonna paint the white house black?"

02-KQ-LASR
05-11-2008, 04:14 PM
good on him. i wanted him to win! he seemed like a lot better guy than mccain.

DavoAust
05-11-2008, 04:48 PM
a mate and i were dicussing this and whilst obama was pretty much a sure winner there would have been a good side to mccain winning = palin 2012 election signs.

Imagine "Palin '12 - Vote MILF" or "Vote Palin - I'd Do Her". Yeah we were drinking ;)

70NYD
05-11-2008, 05:03 PM
hahaha shes alritght for a older woman ay haha
i was actually hoping that hillary would win the democratic race, cus i think it would of been good to have a woman president, but this way is just as good :) 12 years too late for tupac but (from '96 "changes" lyrics)
mccains conceding speech was very good but, i kinda feel sorry for him lol
i just hope he does good, n not what bush did..

marcs_sp20
05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Barack is still old though, coming in at 47 :eek::p Lets just hope he sticks to his promises and not like the douchebag bush...

rambo
05-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't know how well the gun toting rednecks will take to this.

RHINO145
05-11-2008, 08:26 PM
would not wanna be one of obamas bodyguards, lots of pissed rednecks with guns

Ice88
05-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Obama is traditionally alot more Liberal then he has appeared recently in public. His stance altered towards a more middle stance in order to appeal to win the swing states and to help his odds in republic states.

Honestly i see him as the lesser of two evils, as long as he doesnt go into the whitehouse and become like his predecessors have for the past 8 years or so.

Cincinnatus
05-11-2008, 11:51 PM
lets see if he lives out the year never mind the term.
That man can talk the fish out of the seas, i'll give him that.
Hopefully he does something significant if he does live to be sworn in, he's getting america at its worst in over 80 years and on a down hill slide.

I simply don't think he'll live all that long, lets not forget, americans have a habit of killing presidents, and for far less than merely being black.

Wish him luck, he'll need it.

derb
06-11-2008, 07:05 AM
bah, the poor guy will have 2 terms of cleanup work, then after 8 years of raised taxes needed to rebuild their country, the idiots that live there will vote him out for a republican who promises less taxes. and of course after 8 years everyone will have forgotten the bush legacy. USA = idots = doomed.

Dogo
06-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Good luck to him. I'm glad he won

Rupewrecht
06-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I think the idea that Palin would be President when McCain dropped dead from old age was a deciding factor in many peoples voting

Reikuu
06-11-2008, 10:21 AM
bah, the poor guy will have 2 terms of cleanup work, then after 8 years of raised taxes needed to rebuild their country, the idiots that live there will vote him out for a republican who promises less taxes.

Sad, yet true.

That's assuming he lasts the whole 2 terms. . . a lot of angry rednecks faced with higher taxes are not going to take a liking to him.

derb
06-11-2008, 11:57 AM
a lot of angry rich white men who will get taxed to hell now won't be happy. rednecks can yell and scream, but rich white men have the right connections for offing a president.

mussing
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
bah, the poor guy will have 2 terms of cleanup work, then after 8 years of raised taxes needed to rebuild their country, the idiots that live there will vote him out for a republican who promises less taxes. and of course after 8 years everyone will have forgotten the bush legacy. USA = idots = doomed.

Actually if you're familiar with their policies, taxes aren't raised for all but 5% of the population, ie. the very rich; the rest face reduced income taxes. It's a move that makes their system a fair bit more like ours, if that helps to explain it. Hopefully they'll realise just how much they're better off...

I just finished writing a polemic essay yesterday on Sarah Palin. God I hope that woman fades from American politics. If Hillary Clinton won't be the first female president, please let it not be her.

das
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM
He is a well spoken and passionate man.

Even if he is assassinated he has already accomplished so very much, and this can only herald good things for the USA (and by proxy, the rest of the world. ugh. how can one country have such a global influence?)

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/political-pictures-mlk-sweet.jpg (http://punditkitchen.com/2008/11/04/political-pictures-mlk-sweet/)

Dogo
07-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Actually if you're familiar with their policies, taxes aren't raised for all but 5% of the population, ie. the very rich; the rest face reduced income taxes. It's a move that makes their system a fair bit more like ours, if that helps to explain it. Hopefully they'll realise just how much they're better off...

True - and they're tax hasn't gone up for any salary range since 1993

I'm no expert but from what I can tell by the numbers or AU vs USA, our low income earners get taxed less and our high income earners get taxed more. The added complexity of our tax system are the benefits available to our people.

RHINO145
07-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I think the idea that Palin would be President when McCain dropped dead from old age was a deciding factor in many peoples voting

i agree, the idea of palin being like, the most powerful person in the world is very scary

mussing
07-11-2008, 10:12 PM
With that in mind, I refer you to this (http://www.boingboing.net/2008/09/26/fake-disney-movie-tr.html)