PDA

View Full Version : Car Springs NEED HELP

NightStalker
06-11-2008, 07:17 PM
hey i bought some 1993 mazda lantis standard springs, i have a 1996 mazda astina, apparently they will fit, thats not the problem, the problem is, i got them compressed a **** load, i got them from standard compressed down by 70 mm's, so my question is, will the standard ones be the same height as my standard ones before i compressed them?
cheers if you guys can help me out

Rupewrecht
06-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Should be the same. it's a matter of contention whether the V6 version was lower at the front due to different springs, or if they were just compressed more due to the extra weight.

Only one way to find out! You may have problems with them being captive when they've been compressed that much.

NightStalker
06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, the front is about 30 mm lower then the rear, so i guess its going to look like aaaaaaaaaarse then! that sucks so bad! but i guess i will have to find out, how do i release the shocks to drop the spring in the back?

89sp1.8
06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
if its similar to bg's..then get some spring compressors/clamps,clamp springs.. undo bolt ontop of piston,pull strut tops off and springs out..check bumps stops and spring seats whiles there:)