PDA

View Full Version : A New Beginning....A New Breed

zappy65
23-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey All,

Most of you know me either personally or through here so of course im not introducing myself...more what i have gotten myself into now....

The Astina is for sale (see FS section) because i have come into possession of a mint White 180SX Type X

Me and Brooke took her on a nice 1 on 1 mountain run through Springbrook and decided to take some snap shots while shes out of the garage...

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230068.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230065.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230067.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230069.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230070.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230071.jpg

So far the engine has some various bolt-on mods including a turbo back (off the shelf) 3" exhaust system and an Apexi panel filter

As far a suspension goes its got some Cusco N1 Zero Coilovers and Nismo front and rear strut braces

17" AVS (Advance Vehicle Systems) forged light weight rims with Falken Azeris (F:215/45/17 R:235/40/17)

The interior is in its stock form and is in immaculate condition from top to bottom

The paint is like factory with minimal stone chips, scratches or even dirt
marks...lol

Im undecided on the removal of the duck wing and will see how it goes.

ATM im looking at a new FMIC kit, some new front DBA 4000 2 piece rotors and putting in my Blitz SBC i-colour but for now she'll stay how she is.

From factory she has ABS, D/S Airbag, 1.5 Way L.S.D. SR20DET, Nismo 4 Piece kit with kouki tailights with just on 71,XXXkm on the odometer.

I paid around the $13K-$15k mark

Chers guys,
JOhn

Chino
24-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey All,

Most of you know me either personally or through here so of course im not introducing myself...more what i have gotten myself into now....

The Astina is for sale (see FS section) because i have come into possession of a mint White 180SX Type X

Me and Brooke took her on a nice 1 on 1 mountain run through Springbrook and decided to take some snap shots while shes out of the garage...

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230068.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230065.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230067.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230069.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230070.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/zappy65/PB230071.jpg

So far the engine has some various bolt-on mods including a turbo back (off the shelf) 3" exhaust system and an Apexi panel filter

As far a suspension goes its got some Cusco N1 Zero Coilovers and Nismo front and rear strut braces

17" AVS (Advance Vehicle Systems) forged light weight rims with Falken Azeris (F:215/45/17 R:235/40/17)

The interior is in its stock form and is in immaculate condition from top to bottom

The paint is like factory with minimal stone chips, scratches or even dirt
marks...lol

Im undecided on the removal of the duck wing and will see how it goes.

ATM im looking at a new FMIC kit, some new front DBA 4000 2 piece rotors and putting in my Blitz SBC i-colour but for now she'll stay how she is.

From factory she has ABS, D/S Airbag, 1.5 Way L.S.D. SR20DET, Nismo 4 Piece kit with kouki tailights with just on 71,XXXkm on the odometer.

I paid around the $13K-$15k mark

Chers guys,
JOhn

nice car man i had a 180sx hey spent farkin 40k but haha on a 1994.. silly boy and now i own an astina lol funny that..

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/chino180sx/180sx098.jpg

bourbon
24-11-2008, 12:42 PM
nice car man i had a 180sx hey spent farkin 40k but haha on a 1994.. silly boy and now i own an astina lol funny that..

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/chino180sx/180sx098.jpg

wish this made sence to me...and no need to swear all the time...please use proper english!!!

but on another note, congrats zappy!!! i still need to see this!!!

marcs_sp20
24-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Im guessing you'll be at the front of the pack at the next cruise :p

Nice buy there John, you've grabbed one nice example of the 180sx, not overdone :D

chicaboo
24-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Im guessing you'll be at the front of the pack at the next cruise :pNot a hope in hell! :p

bourbon
24-11-2008, 01:54 PM
hahaha he'd have to out handle my go kart and grany spec drifter chicaboo :p hahahaha

zappy65
24-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey Chino, Ive seen you on NS.com...so stop you freakin swearing...Bahahahaha...

Chicaboo, either you let me in front or ill run up your butt, the last thing i want is dirty Toyota all over my Nissan...Bahahahahaha...JKS :P Bud...

To tell you all the truth Im not as confident in this car as i was in the Astina (and look where that got me...lol) It steps out really easy and the pick up is mind boggling....ATM i take it quite easy (except that time with Chicaboo...lol) and im very scared of what Dru will say if anything happens to her...Bahahahahaha..

Thanks for all the + comms...

chicaboo
24-11-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm not having any RWD spitting stones at me from infront thankyou! And your next problem is getting close enough to run up my butt. :rolleyes: It's OK, you will be stuck behind Bourbon a few corners back. :p

zappy65
24-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Ouch...flamed by the FWD slider....youll be sorry Gavsta.....lol

chicaboo
24-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Hehe, be careful, you don't wanna get too close, I'm cop bait!

Gav.

89sp1.8
24-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Hehe, be careful, you don't wanna get too close, I'm cop bait!

Gav.

its true..he is hehe:p

rodhog
24-11-2008, 09:41 PM
well it's hard to tell you anything you won't learn

I had one way back in 1999- I imported a S13 silvia Auto 1.8L N/A with few of the typcial gear- Kit -exhuast etc.
Brough it in for $8K sold it for $14K
That car was excellent mainly because it had good shocks spring combo was not over done and yes it was slug because of the auto but once you gave it bit of head it held on well. But it was overall good condition
Then I got in a 180SX - 92 model Sr20 DEt - with fairly large Turbo kit and then had ot convert to stock compliance. I refitted the kit.
This was Totall waste of time. Typical S13 as I found out. Too far low too stiff - not enough grip - LSD was too tight.
I sold the kit I think it was trust or HKS. but sold it to some guy with SSS pulsar. for $2K and it need a rebuild. Some idiot tryed to run 28psi on it.
but car improved with more progressive power curve.
Then it failed on canterbury road in the middle of the road peck hour. Was so funny.
Once I got into work shop openned up the Ecu area put back a stock ECU before thought nah maybe this - that - then found some wires followed them under dash more extra control boxes.
Was going to burn it collect insurance till some P-plater gave me an offer for $15K.
Then I found out he wrapped it around a pole in bankstown. Killed his mate and is now disabled.

What does all this mean.

Chassis fine untill you give it too much. Skylines are much better to control. Hell S14's were better by a great leap.

Oh and the brakes ultimates don't even make a difference.
once you get the Sr20's going.

Still nice to look at heaps of optional aftermarket gear. here - japan and US.

but still the interiors are total cheap. But considering your coming from a 323 not much difference from simialr era car.

Chino
25-11-2008, 09:47 AM

I had one way back in 1999- I imported a S13 silvia Auto 1.8L N/A with few of the typcial gear- Kit -exhuast etc.
That car was excellent mainly because it had good shocks spring combo was not over done and yes it was slug because of the auto but once you gave it bit of head it held on well. But it was overall good condition
Then I got in a 180SX - 92 model Sr20 DEt - with fairly large Turbo kit and then had ot convert to stock compliance. I refitted the kit.
This was Totall waste of time. Typical S13 as I found out. Too far low too stiff - not enough grip - LSD was too tight.
I sold the kit I think it was trust or HKS. but sold it to some guy with SSS pulsar. for $2K and it need a rebuild. Some idiot tryed to run 28psi on it.
Then it failed on canterbury road in the middle of the road peck hour. Was so funny.
Once I got into work shop openned up the Ecu area put back a stock ECU before thought nah maybe this - that - then found some wires followed them under dash more extra control boxes.
Was going to burn it collect insurance till some P-plater gave me an offer for $15K.
Then I found out he wrapped it around a pole in bankstown. Killed his mate and is now disabled.

What does all this mean.

Chassis fine untill you give it too much. Skylines are much better to control. Hell S14's were better by a great leap.

but still the interiors are total cheap. But considering your coming from a 323 not much difference from simialr era car.

dooood, thats driver.. i had 400 at the tyres and it handled like a dream people just dont spend the money on suspension before they look for big power..

the s13 s14 s15 are ****in awesome cars the geometry is PERFECT for drift and the weight distrubution.. there one of the EASIEST cars not to loose.. unless your a ****in moron.. and the s13 and s14 chassis are almost identical

and your wrong about the skyline.. the s13 is MUCH better unless your talkin GTR but the gtst's dont compare to the silvia and 180sx chassis which are identical its just one has a boot and one has a hatch.. which makes it a tad heaavier at the rear for the extra glass..

but iv owned both 180sx and r32 and r33 skyline and the 180sx ****S on it for handling.. and both cars i did simliar mods.. 400hp.. coilovers, tie ends, traction bar, camber/castor adj, front and rear sway bars, roll bar, strut brace... 180sx wins HANDS down.. my rant lol:)

Chino
25-11-2008, 09:48 AM
oh and both had a nice tight 2 way kaaz lsd

zappy65
25-11-2008, 07:04 PM

What does all this mean.

Wow, what a way to spoil my fun...lol....I had the choice of a skyline or a 180SX and i obviously chose the latter, i love the interior, my car aint no gay 94 model piece of **** like yours was, mine is top of the range...

The handling is awesome, thanks to the Cusco's and the car is wicked quick for little old me...but meh, your decision....

The SR20 over the RB20 was the better option and the RB26 i drove would of set me back $2500 worth of insurance instead of $1300...

My choice i think was a bloody good one...never look back me thinks...

I got given some R33 brakes and rotors with braided lines as well, they might go on when the driftteks arrive...

I also had the bonus that this car is almost stock engine wise and what Dru did with it was done well...I could of bought a dodgy as hell pre Black top 180 with uber mods but i would have been in the same situation you got yourself into...

Hence my choice to travel interstate for the cleanest most stockest example in Aus...

Chers..."Im going to go hug my 180".....

rodhog
25-11-2008, 10:02 PM
the s13 s14 s15 are ****in awesome cars the geometry is PERFECT for drift and the weight distrubution.. there one of the EASIEST cars not to loose.. unless your a ****in moron.. and the s13 and s14 chassis are almost identical

but iv owned both 180sx and r32 and r33 skyline and the 180sx ****S on it for handling.. and both cars i did simliar mods.. 400hp.. coilovers, tie ends, traction bar, camber/castor adj, front and rear sway bars, roll bar, strut brace... 180sx wins HANDS down.. my rant lol:)

yes your right people don't spend money alround all the time

in reply to your rant
but Have you driven a S13 on sydney road - be it 200HP or 400Hp

I'd rather the skyline. I'd rather a better suspesnion set up to hold up to the Pot hole the ruts the camber changes

( please Note I'm talking sydney roads - No roads in any suburban or city area anywhere in australia I've been are close to sydney roads- so if you live melbourne - you got nothing to complain about - if you are in brisbane even out far south western and north side - nothing to complain. -SA and Perth okay outside your major citys it aint' great but you can cross the city in 5mins walking at 4am in the morning. stills takes 15mins to do sydneys CBD fro mthe cross to north sydney.)

Again I don't find the S13 chassis the same as the S14 - quite possibly becuase the S14 and especially S15 feel more secure.
But neither feel as comfortable or as easy to live with as the the R33 or R34 cars

but just my experience and opinon.

I'm not dissing your choice in the world of 2nd hand cars.
you get what you can afford to do.

Not everyone can og out dismantle a car complete - fix body then pull apart whole driveline - fix that then do every bush- every bit of worn gear and fix an old car perfect.
It takes at least 6 months + 6 months for the panel beaters to finish. And then you find your not happy with gear ratios it goes on. But hey I spent more on my wagon then you bought that car . BUT BIG BUT
Your 180Sx will be quicker - Handle - stop better, get more attention and cost you more in insurance.

Every side has up and down.
But we are still both fixing things.

But as I pointed before - They are great because everything is off the shelf.

Oh and I never bought in the S13's to keep - you would think I would a 18 -19 year old with those cars back then - nah. I was all about importing them cheap - clean them up find a silly buyer. that's what it was all about. Made most money on tarago van's -4WD's.

Oh and I admit I wound back the tacho's - I'not ashamed I did it. That was business, People had silly ideas like Japanese people don't drive, they are all low Km.

It's as they say buyer beware.

I think you found a good buy and good on you. Hope you enjoy it.
I just hope you use it on the racetrack only.

Chino
26-11-2008, 09:15 AM
nar iv only driven a 180 and s13 in outback australia lol Karratha, WA rough as **** and about a month in perth, WA but you dont buy the car to be comfortable you drive it cause its a well balanced sports car.. its a "drivers" car

Chino
26-11-2008, 09:16 AM
oops my bad i apologize for swearing lol i keep gettin busted for it.. its like my hands take over and just swear :P soz boss

chicaboo
26-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Do mods see swearing? All I see is **** and ****. The only swear words are those that you substitute in your own mind... That's why the *'s are there, so you don't see anything offensive beyond what you make up yourself. I used shift+8 BTW.

As for the other stuff, Zappy will just have to learn the limits of the car, and drive accordingly.

Gav.

KittyKatSmack
27-11-2008, 08:16 AM

Mc_Nuggets
27-11-2008, 01:11 PM
man the last time i went to new castle was like 5 years ago when i used to live in sydney. Good fishing there too