PDA

View Full Version : Call me Hiro

Hiro
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Hallo peoples, let me introduce myself as Hiro.
Just another Astina enthusiast, Japastralian

3 months ago, my 1991 Holden Barina started blowing smoke on the way home in Sydney, and shortly after, I had to get her put down.
But even before I lost her, I've been lusting over the Mazda 323 Astina BG 1989~94 model. (in the meantime I drive a Mitsubishi Pajero)

Earlier I was looking online for one under $3000 when I decided to just google "Mazda Astina 323" which led me to this site.

Some time by the end of the year... (thats less than half a month away !) or by the end of January at least, I'll be getting my long awaited Mazda. My price range is anywhere under $3000... but looking at the kinda stuff you ppl do to your Mazdas... I think I'll want to spend alot more time & money on it.

As far as I know; the BG doesn't come in Black right ? That's one of my goals. Another is to give the headlights a modern touch (xenons or something) and blue hallogens in the interior under the dashboard.

One such crazy idea I had was to dress the Astina like a Panda coloured Toyota AE86 Trueno (If anyone knows that show 'Initial D') with a black bonnet & yellow foglights.
Another crazy stupid idea I had... was blue neons underneath activated via remote-central locking but deactivates while the car is in motion. (apparently they're illegal when driving !?)

I've looked around the site & I've seen Astinas installed with Turbo, an Astina that looks like Mitsubishi Evo, and some very very nice ones all the more...

Anyways, that's what I aspire to in the upcoming month. I'll try hard to learn all the terminology, & it'll be great finding out how to do maintenance on it... especially with the wealth of knowledge here ! Please point me in the right direction... I'm enthusiastic but I'm still a little lost when it comes to engines & stuff... (what's the difference between DHOC & SHOC ?!) Well in due time I hope to find out all I need to know.

Thank you all & nice to meet you !

RHINO145
12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
hi and welcome to AGT :)

70NYD
12-12-2008, 04:41 PM
hello hiro wellcome to AGT you will find answers to most if not all of your questiones here :)

Cosmo Dude
12-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Hello and welcome,
The better BG is the SP. It has the DOHC engine (more power), sun roof, alloy wheels, power windows and a few other little treats.

RHINO145
12-12-2008, 05:42 PM
my mum just got a holden frontera and will be selling her BG SP, ill post link to ebay/allclassifieds ect when we sell it

Rupewrecht
12-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Welcome to AGT!

Ice88
15-12-2008, 02:54 AM
DHOC = More Powa!

DHOC = Double Over Head Cam
SHOC = Single.

And yesh welcome to AGT :)