PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate

atsp
10-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Recently i lost my job at HP-Computers, but now im applying for real estate, im going to be doing property management. Anyone know abit about real estate? id like some tips. i have to do this training course in city, 600$ =/

bourbon
10-02-2009, 08:53 PM
no one likes real estate agents :p thats all i can say hahaha

Mad Mat
10-02-2009, 10:39 PM
no one likes real estate agents :p thats all i can say hahaha

lol thats a bit harsh. i don't mind them. so long as u can get along with most people u'll be set as.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE JOB MATE :D

bourbon
11-02-2009, 08:52 AM
hahaha not harsh...real estate agents are frowned apon because they pretend to be your friend so that they can make a sale and can make money (commisions)...

i dont think ive yet to find one i like...

becareful as welll...for real estate youve gotta be a goood good sales person (ie hold a straight face when telling a white lie)... if your not good you wont get paid and youll need to get another job :(

RedLineResident
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Recently i lost my job at HP-Computers, but now im applying for real estate, im going to be doing property management. Anyone know abit about real estate? id like some tips. i have to do this training course in city, 600$ =/

real estate is a tough industry to make it in if your in sales...

property management is easier, but you have to deal with all sorts of stupid problems... and if your not a resiliant kind of person it will do your head in...

are you looking to make a career out of it? or are you just looking for something to fill the gaps?

Why do i ask...?

Well there is not enough of a reward ($ wise) in property management to justify the hassle (imo) so if you are thinking on a 9-5 job, it is maybe worth your time to have a better look around...

Sales is tough - first 2 years are pretty hard, but if you can make it and do the right things and basicaly do everything that the real estate stereotype is not, you should be set.

The sky is the limit in sales - but having said that - something like 85% drop out in their first 12 months... it is not easy.
Biggest problem is not many ppl will offer you anything apart from a commission only scenario... and getting some momentum from nothing can be very hard as it is a numbers game

atsp
11-02-2009, 05:31 PM
thanks for the info guys, appreciate it. im not doing sales yet, well ill see how it goes. the boss really likes me

RedLineResident
13-02-2009, 02:32 PM
wicked man...

if you wanna step into sales but do it gradually and get the ropes first while receing a non-debitable income (meaning you don't ahve to pay it back out of your commissions) it is always an option to start of as a PA...

You'll get all the skills and systems you need which will get you off to an instant start when you move into sales.

good luck with it mate.

Mc_Nuggets
13-02-2009, 03:06 PM
hehe i got my pre-aprovel to day

Dogo
16-02-2009, 04:54 PM
I came across this interesting article today

Sex and the Single Seller

Do real estate agents score more sexual favours during home inspections than solicitors do at conveyancing settlements? Do agents experience more sexual harassment during inspections than solicitors at settlements? And how do DIY sellers fare?

http://www.lawyersconveyancing.com.au/news/conveyancing_182_sex_and_single_seller.asp