PDA

View Full Version : AstinaGT Xmas Doo!

KittyKatSmack
11-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Well I suppose I should get off my butt and do something about this.....

*social director strikes again*

:twisted:

Because Aaron and I are leaving mid December for long awaited and long overdue holiday (no holiday for Aaron, he gets to meet my MOTHER) I was hoping to plan something for early December.....

How say the crowd?

I will put up a poll for a date preference ie/ Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th December.

Feel free to post IDEAS for what you would like to do for the day.

I will then do another poll on what people have suggested and get the crowd preference.

So here goes the first one.

Which day suits you best?

Vote away AstinaGT!!!!!

:D

JynX
11-11-2003, 01:15 PM
That weekend is bad... I have like 3 parties to goto....

Either weekend b4 or after is better for me.

pr1mo
11-11-2003, 03:16 PM
weekend before......come to melbourne jimbo!!

ABC
11-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Should probably put a closing date on the poll as its only 3 and a bit weeks away and knowing this bunch we'll be at it for ages debating the pros and cons.

As for what we could do..... how about Canberra people meet in the morning, drive down to Batemans' Bay and up the coast to Nowra. Sydney people mosey down to meet up in Nowra picking up gong-people along the way. Then we all have a big BBQ, blat up Kangaroo Valley and afternoon tea and scones in Berima or Moss Vale then split at the Highway and go north/south respectively for an easy cruise home?

Doesn't really cater for the Vics but they live in Mexico so its their own damn fault! :wink:

Rupewrecht
11-11-2003, 04:29 PM
don't think i have anything on those days...

and if i'm driving that far anyway, a little bit further doesnt matter!

i bags Kittys Futon again! :P

kyra
11-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Is this a Melb or Canberra event? I'm confused!

Rupewrecht
11-11-2003, 05:22 PM
everybodys meeting in Nowra in NSW by the sound of it!

dfvadr
11-11-2003, 07:23 PM
it is for every-one if you want to come up from vic well you r more then welcome
i will say this though wen i was in the van club years ago we had massive turn-outs i am dissapointed at wat ive seen here as a car club an gatherings you r all great poeple but we need to socialize an be seen so i put out the chalange to all u guys/girls come get together an bring out your cars too yes i will be in my own [ before i get attacted lol]

JynX
11-11-2003, 10:08 PM
and heres me thinking you were giving mik a run for most garage time....

KittyKatSmack
12-11-2003, 02:13 PM
That is a fantastic idea Andy!!!!!
Any idea how long it will take? Maps etc? Not being a Canberran native/local/resident for long enough, I don't have enough local knowledge to know much about this Will we be back in time for a BBQ outside your famous yacht club? Or is it City Club for dinner, LOL!!!!!

As for it being a bad weekend for you Jim, sorry mate, I knew it wouldn't be good for everyone, and I had to make a D pretty quick. My dreaded diary is just about full too. I wish I could do something to make sure you would be there......
*has a brain fart trying to mentally cancel all your parties that weekend*
nope, my esp aint working!
and I was going to offer to bring you fireworks, LOL... or even that red number from the Pr0n shop...... oh santa?????

Dan ~ Futon is booked in your name!
It "might" even be in a bedroom by then... no promises, LOL!

*note to self to get the kiddies wading pool for the courtyard*
:wink:

Where is our fearless leader.... Tony??????
You have to be there of course!!

There's always a BBQ at my place :lol:

Leanne? Want some champagne again? Say yes!!!!!!! :wink:

Let's get it all happening!

YAY!!!!

ABC
12-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Its a fair drive...
Canberra - Nowra is 3.5-4 hours though we can stop for a coffee in Batemans Bay
Sydney - Nowra depends on where your coming from but I would guess its about 1.5-2 hours from Sutherland Shire???

Moss Vale at the top of Kangaroo Valley is about 1:45 from Canberra along the highway at 120 and about 45 minutes to an hour to the end of the M5 heading north.

It might be just far enough north to convince the central coasters and Novocastrians to make the trip??

JynX
12-11-2003, 03:55 PM
2hrs to nowra from sutho shire is a nice easy drive. Much better chance making the Sunday then the Sat.

ABC
12-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Why is it that I'm the only one that's voted for Sunday then??? :?

JynX
12-11-2003, 04:20 PM
well my vote was other...

ABC
12-11-2003, 04:22 PM
oh, ok :D

dfvadr
12-11-2003, 05:00 PM
if any off the newcastle guys an girls wanna come down the day before bring a sleeping bag or air bed if shaw there is plenty off room to stay in my back room

bRaDiNhO
13-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Totally with you on the turnouts Rod... even tho i am often a guilty party

Sat i have 2 21sts and PE will be playin somewhere in Sydney also, so definately out. Sunday, as long as i have time for the Berocca to kick in i will b there.

Toyboy
13-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Im a maybe at this stage,money is very tight atm thanks to saving for rego/insurance :(

KittyKatSmack
14-11-2003, 02:14 PM
ok, this is a poor turnout once again....

A grand total of 6 votes???????

Andy, your grand trip might not be a goer with this few people.......

Other options include:

1.) Meet up in Wollongong for a Gathering
2.) Gather in somewhere between Sydney and Canberra that is totally different and somewhere we haven't been before.
3.) Meet up in Sydney and do AUSTRALIA'S WONDERLAND!!!!!
4.) Everyone come to Canberra again when the weather is a lot better.

I am sure that everyone, like myself, doesn't want to go traipsing all over the place for a mere handful of people.

This is getting a bit disappointing, so fire up that enthusiasm and
GET FRIGGIN' EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Lets be a Car Club, a real group of enthusiasts, I want to meet you people, I want to know who you are, and this time YOU will have to get off your butts and DO something about it.

If my ideas aren't what you want, then say so!!!
C'mon, be proactive and as Nike say: "Just Do It"

dfvadr
17-11-2003, 05:19 PM
i propose we make this cruise the xmas doo as well

all you sp20 owners out there wanted a photo shot here is ur chance

for every one else out there dont matter what model lets all cruise , bbq, an bull**** a good time to be had by all lets get sum reply's here its not far away now

an can we see all the cars out for this one [as long as it isn't raining lol]

Critter
17-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Well my vote is the Sunday but it's all good Saturday is fine too.

There is a CAA cruise to Bathurst on the 14th if anyone isn't all cruised out as well.

JynX
17-11-2003, 10:34 PM
My pref is the sunday too. A run down to nowra way (maybe bbq @ sanctuary point or therabouts) and then back sounds like a treat. We could also go to Batemans bay... bit further.

Nice bends around Kiama and take the coast way to nowra by-passing berry. Very scenic.

Dazz
17-11-2003, 11:14 PM
i like the idea man

KittyKatSmack
17-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately I can't do the Sunday at all now.....

I have a house inspection here :(

Doesn't mean that if the vote swings to Sunday that y'all can go and have fun!!!

:)

Send me lots of pics!!!

If it's still the Saturday, then I'm in!

Critter
18-11-2003, 08:12 AM
I'm thinking along these lines......
What say if Sydney/mountains/Gong people meet in the Gong area, mebbe odd1's place........mebbe the Macca's.....whatever, and then go on down together from there.

from past experience, if we meet up earlier it takes longer to get places and there vis after all a ways to go. Also finding a spot to meet earlier that suits will be hard....Mal in the Shire, me in the mountains etc etc.

What we really need is some new faces at the event!
Particularly the SP20s....TDK, Zed, wiredone etc, I'm looking in your direction.

As Rod says, much as I enjoy the company of the regulars, as a car club we need growth and some level of commitment to that.

Off soapbox now....:)

kar10w
18-11-2003, 09:26 AM
i can't do sunday the 7th, but am good for the saturday the 6th. i can only do the day trip, so will be heading down early saturday morning and coming back at night. critter, what are your plans?

Rupewrecht
18-11-2003, 10:23 AM
nah i'm out, something else has taken priority!

dfvadr
18-11-2003, 05:32 PM
if we went to batemans bay how many off you canberra guys/girls would come across an meet up with us

i think then we could come back up the coast to nowra up through kangaroo valley to robertson
if the canberra guys came up they could then head down the hume home the sydney guys could head up the hume to sydney i would go up to the picton rd exit then back down ousley home

Critter
19-11-2003, 08:26 AM
I like that plan, Rod

JynX
19-11-2003, 08:54 AM
good idea, but thats a fairly long drive. 3.5hrs to bates from syd and probably the same return. Being a party/gathering we should try for somthing shorter so we have more time to relax at choosen destination.

kar10w
19-11-2003, 09:47 AM
i'm with jynx; batemans bay is a long drive, but are you coming jynx? i thought you had a weekend packed with parties set? btw guys, has the date been confirmed?

arden
19-11-2003, 10:06 AM
I feel its too far to drive as well.
Any of the below options I wouldn’t mind.
Canberra
‘Gong
Palm Beach
Narrabeen
Newport
Northhead
Kangaroo Valley/Nowra

JynX
19-11-2003, 10:34 AM
If its Sunday ill be there. Got parties all day Sat and expect to be a bit hung over on Sunday - all good!

Dazz
19-11-2003, 05:56 PM
yea it is a little far to go

dfvadr
19-11-2003, 06:50 PM
ok how far is it from canberra to batemans bay ?

im sorta thinking ulladulla as the meet up place i think would be the middle for all off us

not too mention how butiful it is round that area
shaw we can find a nice park/area for sum fun /relax lunch an photo's

JynX
19-11-2003, 07:43 PM
ulladulla is a great choice.

arden
19-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Canberra to Batemans Bay - Approx 150km - 2hr

Canberra to Ulladulla - Approx 200km - 2.5hr

--------------------------------------------------------

Sydney to Batemans Bay - Approx 280km -3.5hr

Sydney to Ulladulla - Approx 230km - 3hr

dfvadr
19-11-2003, 10:14 PM
ok ulladulla it is seems a fair cruise for both parties

now what day suits all

i only sudjest saturday because it gives you a day at home before getting back into the working week

but if there is a better turn out for sunday so be it

kar10w
20-11-2003, 08:38 AM
i'm sweet with ulladulla. nice drive down there and a top place. i'm with rod on saturday and also cos i can't make it sunday. the votes here are just as close and oz idol :lol: .

arden
20-11-2003, 09:08 AM
alright, one yellow sp20 from Sydney will be there if on SATURDAY :mrgreen: :P

ABC
20-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Seems like Saturday is winning on the popularity stakes - except for Jynx :(
Kitty is keener for Saturday and it was her idea too.

I can blow off sailing on Sat. and go for a drive instead - will have had enough of it by then after two weekends solid so I'm good.
JJ is keener for Saturday as well so is a definate maybe.

Other Canberra people??? where are you?

OI Tony! you gonna come or what :?:

dfvadr
20-11-2003, 04:57 PM
hi guys the other reason i think saturday is best is because if something goes wrong with ur car there is still a day to fix it before work monday an i no a lot off you need ur car for work / to get there

ok lets make it saturday the 6th
are we going to have a bbq or just buy lunch we need to work out these things cause we mite need a portable bbq an every-one bring sumthing like sausages ,onions ,salad dishes ,bread , butter ,sauce

an bring ur own drink

or if we can get some defernate numbers off poeple going i could buy everything an every-one pay $5 a head just a guess if there is 20 poeple an it costs me $100 just figures in the air here guys

but i would need to no a week ahead

dfvadr
20-11-2003, 05:00 PM
oh sorry forgot i dont have a portable bbq sum -one else will have to come good just incase we cant get one in a park at ulladulla

an time there say 10/10.30/11.00

JynX
20-11-2003, 05:00 PM
heh pig rooters.... have to see if I can shuffle the plans around.

BigBoyLemonade
20-11-2003, 05:31 PM
im not sure yet! I would like to come but I have to get the wheel bearing/cv joint fixed which is $$$

kar10w
20-11-2003, 06:00 PM
if saturday, then i'm in. don't mind bbq, but it's pretty easy to just buy some food down there and bring to the beach/park. saves trouble organising food and drink, and having food fly side to side as we drive down (or up). that's just my 2c.

that said, i'm cool with bbq too :).

Tebie
20-11-2003, 07:02 PM
ill join
sounds like fun! :D

wiredone
20-11-2003, 09:19 PM
ill join as long as we all cruise down together...

not driving down south for hours if its on my lonesome...

whats the official details, we got a date, meeting time and place

Crolla
20-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Heh, i ain't been on HERE in a while, and i get a PM from ABC telling me about a cruise.

And i'm always down for one :)

JynX
21-11-2003, 12:47 AM
We can set a meet point at loftus oval for sydney people. There will be me, dazz prob, critter, karlow, wiredone and maybe some more coming from sydney with sikastina and odd12c picking up at the gong so we should see at least 7-8 cars heading down to ulladulla from sydney way

arden
21-11-2003, 01:59 AM
At Ulladulla, we could all meet up at the Visitor Information Centre, its right off Princes Hwy and pretty central to everything else.

ABC
21-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I sent a PM to a just about everyone who said they were from Canberra or Sydney yesterday so that should give us a few more numbers hopefully.

So,
Saturday 6th of December it is then.

Standard Canberra Meeting place is the Shell Gateway servo at Exhibition Park. Say, meet there at 7:30am, leave at 8:00 sharp which should get us to Ulladulla at about 10:30-11:00 allowing for a break perhaps.
If we meet there then Tony can at least get his sorry ass out of bed and come and say hello.

Hey KittyKat - Where you at girl???

Rupewrecht
21-11-2003, 09:51 AM
7:30 am hey? hmmm...maybe!

Chris
21-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Hey everyone,

I'd like to come but i'm only on my red P's so i would have to cruise at 90km-100km/h all the way which is crap. So i would loose all of you on the way. So i don't think i should go as i'd get lost somewhere lol.

Chris

Critter
21-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Those coming from the Sydney area will have an early start too.

I am going to suggest we meet at the Mt Annan Maccas at 7.45am to leave 8am.
It is the top of the freeway more or less at Campbelltown so simple access to the freeway so we can keep peeps together relatively easily.

Had previously suggested to a couple of people 9am but going on the ACT people timing to get to Ulladulla at 10.30-ish, 8am it will have to be I reckon.

It IS an early start but this is only once a year.....
More than happy to listen to other suggestions. :)

dfvadr
21-11-2003, 07:37 PM
thats fine chriss[critter] we have to make the effort to have a good cruise u guys can come to my house drop that gear an off we all go about 2hrs from here so 9ish at my join puts us there round 11am too little bit after if we stop for a pee
sik mik you an leanne can rock up earlier if you like we can polish our wheels have a cuppa an a chat
an chriss from sydney you can come with us mate were not that fast an if u drop back its standard practice for us to slow up an let u catch up or even stop if we lose you wen u get to my house ill take ur mobile number if you drop back i can ring you so u dont get lost

but seriously chriss its a cruise not a race so be there man

wiredone
21-11-2003, 08:36 PM
chriss... i wouldn't worry too much, im on my greens. i used to cruise at 110, just watch for suspect commonwhores and cop cars and you should be fine...

i will meet up... probabl have trouble getting to mnt annan maccas to meet critter, but he came down to the workshop today for a chat and all seems to be fine... if anyone is on the north shore it would make it easier to get lost on the way to cabramatta with two cars than on your own so we could meet before hand...

dfvadr
21-11-2003, 10:04 PM
hey wiredone sum guys are meeting at loftus near sutherland i think that would be better suited to u wouldn't it

SPDRMN
21-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone!!im just new to the astina club,and im realy looking forward to the xmas doo.We are all obviously car lovers one way or another,so i think we should all try to make it,as it will be alot of fun and a great day out for everyone.

Critter
22-11-2003, 07:10 AM
Perhaps the people meeting at Loftus can go on to odd12c's place and the Mt Annan people from the west do the same and we rock odd12c's street before getting going together.

Sounds good to me. OK with you Rod?
Just your place is easy to find and not much of a detour from the intended route.

Plan coming together......

Be great to get Chris and SPDRMN along. More power to ya's fellas! Do it!

Chris
22-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the support guys, i will try my best to get there. Will cruise with you Rod.
Chris

dfvadr
22-11-2003, 11:13 AM
welcome spdrmn i haven't seen u on here before but yes mate we r all astina lovers an i would love to see you on the cruise an future ones as well

chriss critter it would give me great pleasure to have all you astina guys turn up at my place make a good street photo i recon
so yes u all r wecome at my house

JynX
22-11-2003, 01:45 PM
can we light bungers on ur neighbours lawn????

ill bring the mortars!

seriously though, what time are we aiming for rods place?

Im thinking 8am @ Loftus for 8:15 getaway, pick up the gong people around 9am somewhere along the highway (your turn off mick??) be at Rods by 9:30.

-= edit =-
(maytbe i should _Read_ the thread)

7:00 @ loftus, 8:00 @ gong, 8:30ish@ rods for 9am leave.

Better have the kettle on rodders!

dfvadr
22-11-2003, 02:42 PM
ok be here by 9 an we can have a cuppa before we leave an if any u guys like ill get sum bottles off coke if u would preffer a cool drink but i recon we need to leave here no later then 9.30
that will put us at ulladulla at around 11-11.30

sik astina
22-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Hey guys,

Count me and Leanne in! :D :D

Hey Jim, did you guys wanna meet at Fairy Meadow Maccas, and then cruise on
down to Rod's house? Or you's wanna drive straight there and we can meet up
there?

Is Mal coming? I miss that fella :mrgreen:

Hey Rod, you can have that kettle boiling, two sugars white, leanne likes it black. :mrgreen: 8)

Looking forward to a great cruise

-Mick

dfvadr
22-11-2003, 04:11 PM
no probs mik lol i will make you guys 1 i might even give you a cream biscuit if you 's r good lol

dfvadr
22-11-2003, 04:13 PM
oh yer i forgot to ad i wanna see mal on this one come on mal give the turbo a run mate lol

sik astina
22-11-2003, 05:31 PM
cream biscuit :shock: it's not home made is it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

dfvadr
22-11-2003, 07:53 PM
na u wont be that lucky ..|..

JynX
23-11-2003, 12:22 AM
Hey Jim, did you guys wanna meet at Fairy Meadow Maccas, and then cruise on down to Rod's house? Or you's wanna drive straight there and we can meet up there?

Nah not fairy maccas. Maybe the port kembla turn off or somewhere further down. Just somthing nice an easy as it wont be a get out of the car and say hi stop, just a stop to join up. We can say hi @ rods place.

Critter
23-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Those meeting up @ Mt Annan to get to Rod's at 9am please post up and/or pm me and we'll get out end of the bargain up and running.

Where is Mal?
This is gonna be THE biggest AstinaGT event ever by the looks and we need to have the NSW No.1 stalwart in attendance, yes?

Andrew_SP20
23-11-2003, 10:21 AM
where about in loftus are we meeting?? sorry for being ignorant but i haven't been on a cruz with the Astina guys before...

JynX
23-11-2003, 10:28 AM
Loftus Oval Carpack. As you come down the highway from Sutherland. its to your left just after the tram crossing.

bRaDiNhO
23-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Yo u're goin nice and early which means i can prob make it for at least some of the time - I gotta be in Cherrybrook by 3 at the latest. How far is Ulladulla from Mount Annan?

arden
23-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Bradinho.
Mt Annan - Ulladulla, youre looking at around 3hrs mate.

Dazz
23-11-2003, 11:25 PM
what day is it gunna be? the sat or sun

arden
23-11-2003, 11:34 PM
Looks like its gonna be on a Saturday :D

Dazz
23-11-2003, 11:39 PM
i'll have to pull out of work for that day then

ABC
24-11-2003, 09:36 AM
PM'ed Mal last week and he said that he's been rostered on to work weekends in December :cry:

Sounds like its going to be a good one though! :D :D :D

KittyKatSmack
24-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey I'm back!!!!!!!

Looks like you are all getting yourselves organised, and it's fantastic!!!

Great work everyone, you make a Kitty proud!

Can someone find route maps and post them up so that everyone can print them off and know where they are going if they get separated?

As for speeding and P Platers and stuff like that.
I for one don't condone speeding.
I like my license intact, and there is no reason not to enjoy a cruise and comradeship at the speed limit or thereabouts without acting like a ********.

For the food thing, to be honest, I would suggest we find a local establishment with a nice beer garden to sit in. A BBQ is all well and good, and a mighty thanks to Rod for offering to do all the hard work, but why not take advantage of local eateries? The thing I have found with BBQ's is that either everyone brings their own stuff and that way they can't complain about it, or we go where everyone can buy what they want, and then no one can complain.

Now, last but not least.......
Check your insurance paperwork! Yes I am serious.
Some insurance companies won't cover you for accidents (even if you aren't at fault) on motor enthusiast cruise events. Now we aren't an official club or anything like that, but please..... we have all heard the saying "Cover Your Ass" so in this instance it might be a good idea to check what your insurance company does and doesn't cover.

Be sure to bring bug spray, sunscreen and comfy picnic blankets.

I am really looking forward to this!

Well done to Andy for sending out PM's to all the Canberra based members.
Anyone going to do the same for members in your local area?

Keep up the enthusiasm everyone, and it will be a top day for everyone!!!!

Cheers!

ABC
24-11-2003, 11:50 AM
I think the AstinaGT server is had a bit of a hard time coping with all those PM's - some of them are still sitting in my outbox!

JJ is keen too so that's at least 3 from Canberra. Will see what I can do about route maps. :D

KittyKatSmack
24-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Legend Andy, dead set legend!!!!

See you for Super Snitzel Toosday tomoz!

Critter
24-11-2003, 12:25 PM
With luck we will get a good roll-up of "new Gen" SP20s this time :)

arden
24-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Most Insurance companies have a clause which states :
That they may REFUSE a claim if your car was being used for events relating to a motor vehicle club, bash or charity event. (unless u tell them and they agreed to cover it.) Events such as motor shows, or car club track event days would fit into this category.

As far as im concerned, im just meeting up with a few mates at Ulladulla
And it just so happens we driving up together. So I tend to think we would quite safe IF an incident occurs.

But, it was a very good issue/warning to raise up Kitty… :wink:

Chris
24-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey,

Don't worry Kitty i won't be a ******** as you put it and speed, i will have to stick as close to 90 as possible and will print routes so i don't get lost and everyone else can cruise at normal speed. As for the insurance i would have never thought of checking something like that. so thanks. Hope to see you all there. An if you want routes from your houses to meeting points go to this site and fill in the information and it gives you all directions, street names, how many kms and minutes and colour map. All free. http://www.nowwhereroute.com/RACQ/RoadTravelPlanner/Default.aspx

Hope that this helps.

Chris

Dazz
24-11-2003, 06:59 PM
hey has any body else got portable CB radios cause its heeps better with them.

JynX
24-11-2003, 08:44 PM
im gonna get one at dickies b4 the cruise.

dfvadr
24-11-2003, 09:16 PM
if ur silly enough to tell them u were on a cruise with a club when u had ur accident [hope no-one does] you deserve to be struck off

dfvadr
24-11-2003, 09:21 PM
dont have to ask me twice i would rather buy then cook

as for u guys/girls that are strap for cash dont stay home just because u dont have enough for food we'll work something out so all drive, have a drink [softdrink,coffee or tea] an something to eat

dfvadr
24-11-2003, 09:26 PM
there are these uhf radios at dickies/supercheap is doing them too 89-99 dollars 4 two good for about 5 k's an as small as a mobile phone

sik astina
25-11-2003, 07:02 PM
wanna go halves Rod? been meaning to get one of those just wasnt sure what brands are good.

-Mick

dfvadr
25-11-2003, 07:37 PM
a lot off the trucki8es around sydney r using them an i haven't herd 1 complaint yet about them

so yes ill go halves with you mik do you wanna get the an ill give u the money on the 6th or come for a cuppa one evening an ill fix you up [money wise lol]

or do u want me to get them ?

sik astina
26-11-2003, 08:30 PM
whats the brand name and what do they look like. i found these on there site

this one for $49 ( i like this one )
http://www.strathfield.com.au/Product.asp?ProdID=201#
http://www.strathfield.com.au/images/SimpleProducts/large/SP3380.jpg

this one for $99
http://www.strathfield.com.au/Product.asp?ProdID=232#
http://www.strathfield.com.au/images/SimpleProducts/large/UH040.jpg

-Mick

JynX
26-11-2003, 09:31 PM
uniden are better

Critter
27-11-2003, 07:35 AM
But how the F do you hear them over the stezza pumping 140dB? :)

KittyKatSmack
27-11-2003, 11:50 AM
LOL

A perfect Critter response!!!!!!

*doof doof*

:wink:

dfvadr
27-11-2003, 02:06 PM
depends if u have it stuck to ur head like a head phone

if not u dont hear but then again at 140db your not going to here anything
an if ur stereo is pumping like that who wants to hear it lol

JynX
27-11-2003, 02:42 PM
If anyone else wants to go halvies in a set then pipe up as ill pick up one as well.
Dazz??

Dazz
27-11-2003, 03:11 PM
sorry man ive already got one.

JynX
27-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Any takers then??

dfvadr
27-11-2003, 04:22 PM
does any-one care if a nissan n14 and a wrx tag along

JynX
27-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Free road isnt it. They may be subjected to harrasment from not owning astinas. No promises :)

LOL.

Critter
27-11-2003, 05:14 PM
And they don't get to go in The Picture :)

And Rod, you've had the probably 135dB experience, I thought you liked it mate?
LOL

KEEVRS
27-11-2003, 05:22 PM
JynX,

hey jynx

Ill go halves in the set of walkie talkies.
How much , where from ,which model?

JynX
27-11-2003, 05:24 PM
dunno man, ill go up to dicksmith tonight and sus it out. Otherwise Ill get the set from straitfield.
Would prefer the unidens so $50 each??

KittyKatSmack
27-11-2003, 05:57 PM
LOL Critter, I think you have to speak louder to Rod

HEY ROD, CRITTER IS SPEAKING TO YA MATE!!!!!

*waves arms at Rod*

*sniggers*

:lol:

/me is going to donate her floormats to Critter.......
They say
"If it's too loud, you're too old"

joely
27-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Sorry 4 late reply guys. Once again i'm interested but not sure if I can make it. Have a new job so I am not going to b working that weekend.
If any 1 is going to meet at Mt Annan Maccas that would b great I live round the corner. I will confirm next week if i'm in. Need me to bring anything??
8)
Joel

TDK
27-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Can someone please make a summary of all the details for this cruise. I'm not 100% sure of whats happening.

Thanks,
TDK

Critter
27-11-2003, 09:25 PM
So far sabrelli and kar10w and i are meeting at Mt Annan Maccas at 7.45 am to leave at 8.00 am, to get to odd12c's place at about 9am.
Meet the people coming from The Shire (Loftus) meeting point there.

Leave there about 9.30 for the drive to Ulladulla (say 1hr 30 mins, a bit more mebbe. meet up with ACT cruisers there.

Feed where you get it from there, hang out, pub, picture opportunities, yada yada.

Interesting drive back via all manner of good roads.

That's about a short summary.

TDK, joely, join us at Mt Annan, buddies.

dfvadr
27-11-2003, 09:28 PM
yer critter i did enjoy it my head is still bobing like an emu dont be fooled by the old man look there is a boy inside an the stealth has a pretty mean system
cheers guys/girls

arden
27-11-2003, 10:48 PM
For those who aint sure how to get to Mt Annan Maccas :
Its on Waterworth Drive off Narellan Road...Theres a roundabout so its pretty easy to find. :D

KittyKatSmack
28-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Does anyone have any idea if there is a food vending establishment of reputable quality in Ulladulla?

Is there some touristy website that we can find a place and ring up?

/me is off to work now

Ciao!

JynX
28-11-2003, 09:02 AM
there will be a pub.

arden
28-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Heres a link for commercial business listing :

http://www.southcoast.com.au/mullol/00mullol.htm

Street map of Ulladulla in PDF :

http://www.cartoscope.com.au/maps/shoalhvn/Ulladulla.pdf

TDK
28-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Aprox. how long will it take to get to Mt Annan from the Castle Hill/Dural/Pennant hills area.

arden
28-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Bora, prolly just under 1 hr to get to mt annan from ur place

jcywong
29-11-2003, 12:29 AM
so where are we meeting now, i am from eastwood, near macquarie uni

Critter
29-11-2003, 07:46 AM
Meet at Mt Annan Maccas from Eastwood, icywong.
It is about an hour from my place too, TDK :)

"For those who aint sure how to get to Mt Annan Maccas :
Its on Waterworth Drive off Narellan Road...Theres a roundabout so its pretty easy to find"- sabrelli.

Basically it is along Narellan road east from where The Northern Rd finishes south of Oran Park and just before you join the freeway heading south from Campbelltown.
It means we get everyone together there and it is pretty easy rfrom there to keep everyone together on the way to odd12c's place.

It will be "follow me" from Mt Annan to Rod's, about an hour mainly highway driving.

Man, Rod's street is gonna be some sight at 9am Saturday.......

TwoJays
29-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Hey guys,

As ABC said, this sounds good to me... the only problem I can see is that my work Xmas party is the night before... and with $25 all you can drink, it could be hard work to get out of bed for such a ridiculously early hour....

Hang on, who am I kidding... I'll just meet you at the Shell after the party! :mrgreen:

preeman80
29-11-2003, 01:50 PM
ah crap.. I have no idea how to get there.. =/

KittyKatSmack
29-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Hang on, us people from Canberra aren't leaving "that" early.....

We only want to get there at lunchtime don't we?????

/me is not leaving home at some ridiculous hour either, and I don't have a xmas party the night before!!!

JynX
29-11-2003, 03:08 PM
ah crap.. I have no idea how to get there.. =/

where do you live??

dfvadr
29-11-2003, 06:34 PM
come on guys if you live in the western suburbs co to narrellan macca's a map book will show you thats how we all have learnt

if you live on the eastern side meet jinx at loftus

from both thoughs points it is an easy drive to my house an the off u guys that get here the better i will like it

an if any off you wanna come straight down let me know an i will steer you in the rite direction

JynX
29-11-2003, 06:45 PM
uve been drinking havent you...

dfvadr
29-11-2003, 08:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: looks like it

JynX
29-11-2003, 08:41 PM
damn that apple cider!

dfvadr
29-11-2003, 09:02 PM
new i should off stuck to diet coke that super is just a bit strong

arden
30-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Peoples, if you're planning on meeting up at Mt Annan and your name isnt on the below list, please add it on (We dont wanna miss anyone when we leave for ODD12c's place :

Mount Annan Maccas Meetup Point

1. Critter
2. Joely (Maybe?)
3 Jcywong
4. Kar10w
5. Sabrelli
6. TDK
7. Wiredone? Mt Annan or Loftus???

Maybe someone can do up a list for the Loftus Oval Meetup as well..

Cheers..

dfvadr
30-11-2003, 08:40 PM
yer that boff head jinx can do that mite be useful for something

JynX
30-11-2003, 09:36 PM
As far as I can see its only Me and Dazz meeting at loftus. Anyone else??

TDK
01-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Yay, i'm on the list. Makes me feel wanted.

Critter
01-12-2003, 06:48 AM
JynX
You heard from BigMal on this one?

I'll have a word with wiredone what's doing there.

ABC
01-12-2003, 09:23 AM
I suppose you're right Kitty.
We don't really need to be down there until around 11-11:30 with some time to say hello and what not before lunch.
So we don't need to leave Canberra until around 8:30-9:00.

So if we say that we are leaving the Shell at 8:30 then we'll probably end up leaving somewhere closer to 9:00 which should get us there in plenty of time :D

JynX
01-12-2003, 09:26 AM
JynX
You heard from BigMal on this one?

I'll have a word with wiredone what's doing there.

Ive talked to him about it. He is undecided as it the first w/e in prob 2 months he has had with his son. His call.

TwoJays
01-12-2003, 12:44 PM
So we don't need to leave Canberra until around 8:30-9:00.

Excellent. See you at 8:59:59 :D

BigBoyLemonade
01-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Mal: Bring him along!

I will see you guys at 9am! Saturday Morning at shell epic... I will leave home at 08:59:40 to get there on time :P

SPDRMN
01-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Add my name to the list, for Mt Annan Maccas.
What time r we meetin?

KittyKatSmack
01-12-2003, 07:53 PM
OK, so us Canberra Connection peoples are meeting up at the Shell at 9ish.

So far it is:

ABC
Lantis
TwoJays
KittyKatSmack ~ depending on CV joints *grrrrr*

Where are the rest of the Canberra Astina owners??????

These are the directions I got, does this look like the right way to everyone?

http://www.kitty-ranch.net/kitty/ulladulla.gif

arden
01-12-2003, 08:47 PM

1. Critter
2. Joely (Maybe?)
3 Jcywong
4. Kar10w
5. Sabrelli
6. TDK
7. Wiredone? Mt Annan or Loftus???
8. preeman80
9. SPDRMN

Proposed Departure at 8am. ( I just hope im able to wake up!!!)

Laser the Amazer
01-12-2003, 10:56 PM
I might come along guys

rod mentioned this to me the other day when I was at his place

thats if you guys don't mind having a laser with you all

Robert

Critter
01-12-2003, 11:50 PM
Hey the Laser guys have a 323 chapter, so it's all good!!

Cousins with Mazda engines all!!

TwoJays
02-12-2003, 06:51 AM
These are the directions I got, does this look like the right way to everyone?

I think we should follow Kitty team Canberra, and she if she can find her way to the coast with that map :D

We'll meet team sydney about 6pm I'd reckon!

Do the Canberra team want to consider the two-way idea discussed a few pages ago??? Working in Fyshwick, it's pretty easy for me to duck around to Strathfield or Tricky-dicky's and grab some...

TwoJays
02-12-2003, 06:55 AM
Working in Fyshwick, it's pretty easy for me to duck around to ... Tricky-dicky's and grab some...

Now there's a quote to take out of context... I mean Dick Smith's, not some $2 rub & tug "massage parlour" :)

Critter
02-12-2003, 08:24 AM
wiredone is good for Mt Annan :)

Suggestion:
I will be there real early like 7.15am and have brekky there at the Maccas. Put the meeting point to some use.....

Getting people there that bit earlier is prob useful.
Brekky anyone?

.::Astina|Brad::.
02-12-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure wether i can make it, mite be going to homebake on saturday. But there seems to be a small bunch of you meeting in my hood. I was sure i had read it wrong when critter said to meet at Mount Annan Maccas.. then it kept coming up and i was like.. sweet! so even if i don't come along on the cruise i think i'll meet up with you guys at Mt Annan maccas for breaky...

Hope to see you guys finaly.

Brad

arden
02-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Critter,
Kar10w & myself would like to join you for brekkie!!!!!!!

preeman80
02-12-2003, 02:44 PM
I will be coming down for breakfast too

preeman80
02-12-2003, 02:45 PM
who's paying? 8)

TDK
02-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Count me in for brekkie. I haven't had maccas breakfast for a while.

Critter
02-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Good stuff.

Should be a fairly lively brekkie conversation :)

Chris
03-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Hey,

I'm considering meeting at mount annan, you guys are then going to rods right? Is the departure time at maccas 8 or be there at 8?

Chris

kar10w
03-12-2003, 04:22 PM
departure time is 8 chris. i think most of us are having brekky there, so if you want brekky, i suggest you get there before 8 :).

Chris
03-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Thanks mate,

I live an hour away according to a online routing system. So i will try to get there about 7.45. Please add me to the list for mount Annan. Its onto rods after that isn't it? or straight to ulladulla? And one more thing, is ulladulla near milton and molly mook?

Chris

Chris
03-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Sorry, one more thing, what street is the maccas on in mt Annan?

arden
03-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Waterworth Avenue mate

arden
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Milton and mollymook are right next door to Ulladulla

arden
03-12-2003, 04:44 PM

1. Critter
2. Joely (Maybe?)
3. Jcywong
4. Kar10w
5. Sabrelli
6. TDK
7. Wiredone
8. preeman80
9. SPDRMN
10.Chris

kar10w
03-12-2003, 05:09 PM
anyone up for a round of 9 holes at the mollymook course there? hehehe. i doubt we'll have time, but i just thought i'd ask :).

Critter
03-12-2003, 09:01 PM
You would be confusing me with someone who has space in the boot for golf clubs

Boot = BASS!!! and amps
.....not golf clubs........ :)

JynX
03-12-2003, 09:10 PM
due to water pump woes... i wont be in my car... but dazz kindly offered his passenger seat... how nice of him :)

dfvadr
03-12-2003, 09:44 PM
good on you dazz , pitty about ur car jinx

lets pray for fine weather the long forcast sux

an chriss dont i no 3 more im starting to lose sleep with excitement

sik astina
03-12-2003, 11:26 PM
yeh this weather is abit *how u going* :|

Dazz
04-12-2003, 12:15 AM
its pretty crap at the moment hopefully it fines up

dfvadr
04-12-2003, 03:59 PM
dont worry guys u have my word it will be nice weather saturday

Critter
04-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Does that mean you're gonna wash all our cars for us if you're wrong? :)

sik astina
04-12-2003, 07:09 PM
LOL :lol: i'll like to see that :lol: 8)

dfvadr
04-12-2003, 09:13 PM
uuuuummmmmmmmmmmm aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh oooooohhhhhhhhh
sssssshhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt no ..|..

preeman80
04-12-2003, 09:51 PM
washing car.. wtf? I dont have time for that :?

jcywong
05-12-2003, 01:33 AM
will it be on if it's raining?
also can somebody who knows the area leave me his/her phone number so I can call up if i am lost or anything happens

also i am from eastwood what time will u guys suggest me to take off

Critter
05-12-2003, 07:40 AM
You will need an hour from there, so I reckon to be sure leave around 6.30.

Rain or shine it's on!

I'll pm you with my mobile.

Chris

kar10w
05-12-2003, 08:42 AM
for those that might not have time to clean your car before cruise, there is a car wash (like car lover's) in ulladulla (hope it's still there :)). if we are taking shots, would be good to have all clean cars :), so bring ya chamois. i'm HOPING to wash mine tonite - doubt it though :(.

Chris
05-12-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm washing and waxing mine tonight, its standard outside but i'll make it looks its best.

What is ur mob number kar10w? so i can call you if i'm running late for the maccas?

Chris

jcywong
05-12-2003, 09:42 AM
car washed at 14:00, nice and clean for less than 2 hours before it rains.... :|

TDK
05-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone. I am extremely sad to report that I will be unable to attend the cruise tomorrow. As most of you would know I am currently having a turbo installed, but unfortunately we have had some problems. As of today all the mechanical hardware has finally been installed, but we are now having problems with the computer. Wiredone has been a huge help and his company, Street Dreams, will be installing a new Haltech computer for me. I was really looking forward to giving my car a good run on Saturday as the turbo was supposed to be all done by Wednesday arvo.

Anyway, I hope you have a safe and fun time tomorrow.

Thanks,
TDK

Dazz
05-12-2003, 12:49 PM
this rain is pissing me off **** weather keeps changing

ABC
05-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Forecast at 11:40 Fri.

ILLAWARRA
Saturday
Scattered showers. Cool to mild. Moderate to fresh south to southeast winds,
tending east to southeast in the afternoon.
Wollongong for Saturday
Few showers. Fresh southeast winds.
UV Index 12 [Extreme] decreasing to 7 [High] under cloud.
Min: 13
Max: 21

SOUTH COAST
Saturday
Fine in the south. Isolated showers in the far north. Cool. Fresh southerly
winds, tending light to moderate easterly in the afternoon.

ACT
Saturday Min Tonight: 7 Max: 21
Headline : Cooler change this afternoon. Fine Saturday.
Probability of rain: 30% this afternoon, 5% Saturday.

Sydney
Saturday
Mostly cloudy with a few showers. Moderate to fresh southeast winds.
Sydney: Few showers. Min 16 Max 21

KittyKatSmack
05-12-2003, 06:00 PM
This little Kitty is only a maybe for the run to Ulladulla now.....

reasons I won't bore you with.....

what was wrong with my directions? is there an easier way? if I have to, I will meet up with you all there...... hopefully....

*fingers and toes crossed*

Rupewrecht
05-12-2003, 06:51 PM
LOL :lol: i'll like to see that :lol: 8)

why mick - you wash yours every day anyway! :P :P :P :P :twisted: :lol:

dfvadr
06-12-2003, 07:20 AM
well been outside had a good look around roads are dry
clouds look high an patches off blue [would like more ]
but i have decided if taking my car out for this one reguardless just means a lot more cleaning later but hey thats wat its all about looking forward to a big attendance today

Remi
06-12-2003, 03:19 PM
HOw was it???

I would of loved to go but have been away for three weeks and only got back yesterday...

preeman80
06-12-2003, 07:20 PM
got Xmas Doo! got lost! got home ok! ( Thanks Dazz :wink: )

Gotta say it was good fun, too bad my car was the dirty one.. I want pictures put them up people if not send them to me and I will put them on my host.

Dazz
06-12-2003, 07:48 PM
sorry man jim told me to turn off cause we had to get fuel and i had to turn off at the last minute i didnt mean to lose u man sorry, i was just hoping u new your way after me turning off.

Besides me getting preeman lost it was a good day i think we all had some fun.
i got pics to post up but i gotta figure out how to .

Time to go out now hope u all had fun.

JynX
06-12-2003, 11:06 PM
blame me you crazy driver.