PDA

View Full Version : Stick on registration plates

70NYD
19-03-2009, 11:12 PM
i was at garden city tonight and on ym way out i saw a blue car, yes i dont even remember if it was a holden or ford, because what struck me with amazement is the cars plates.. it didnt have any, instead it had very nice sticker, that was reflective, and it was the cars registration, cus i checked on the window sticker lol.. it looked official, cus the numbers and even the diamond were the same size and shape as the car next to it which had standar plates.. has anyone seen this before? because if this is official this would be GREAT for people with bodykits that have no plate mounting points, not to mention how much better the aerodynamics would be (yeh right :p)

marcs_sp20
19-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Mate of mine has done this with his S6 RX7, got a sign shop to make up the plate, and hasnt been hassled by the cops, and yeah he did it for the same reasons, didnt wanna drill holes in his bumper :D

70NYD
19-03-2009, 11:36 PM
hmm im gonna call up transport dep and ask them if i can get a set as well if its legal or whatever
dw i wont mention ur mate :p

marcs_sp20
19-03-2009, 11:42 PM
They'll blindly say no straight away, but just do it and see how far you get :p

project.r.racing
20-03-2009, 06:47 AM
as far as i'm aware, it is legel if you have no mounting points, and you can only do it on the front of the car. the decal vinly they use for it costs a s@#tload and costs more the a mounting bracket and new plates.

hks_kansei
20-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I have seen it done on a few cars too, and they have not had legal issues.

rodhog
20-03-2009, 03:29 PM
go back a few years maybe ten -= No front REgo/Id plate was LEGAL.
NOW it's not, Iknow it's definalty not in NSW.

Reason being front end shots of cars are used in cameras speed - red light etc. Digital cameras mean if well it up NO need for flash.