PDA

View Full Version : Hand brake in Astina

GFORCE 7
11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi
I have replaced one of the hand brake cables, rear right.
NOW, the hand brakes wont hold.I have adjusted it from the inside,only adjustment i can see,it does tighten the cable, but still does not hold one bit.
If i push the caliper to which the cable attaces , the wheel still turns.
Is there a trick to this or am i missing sumthing....
Appreciate ur responses :!:

Dogo
11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
*looks in service manual*

Adjustment
1. Before adjustment, start the engine and depress the brake pdeal several times
2. Stop the Engine
3. Remove the Parking brake lever cover
4. Turn the adjustment nut at the front of the parking cable
5. After adjustment, check the following points :
(1) Turn ignition to on. pull the parking brake lever 1 notch. Check that parking brake warning light illuminates
(2) Verify that the rear brakes do not drag.

hmmm
if u havnt done that. do that. otherwise, from the diagram the only other place i can see where it might be possible to adjust is where the cable splits to 2. The joiner is on a spring. maybe that could do something useful.

it maybe possibly to adjust where the cable hooks onto the caliper. i dont know. havnt looked and its not mentioned in the book. but it does look theres adjustment nuts at the wheel end of that cable.

Do you have the correct cable ? length etc

GFORCE 7
11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
I have done that..U cant adjust the cable at the split by the spring, not sure abt the adjustment by the rear wheels..have checked, did not see anything.
The cable is correct, i am quite sure abt that.
I am totally confused abt this.I adjusted the cable from inside, and the wheel was binding, but pull the handbrake..AND NOTHING!!

sik astina
11-11-2003, 06:17 PM
hey there,

take off ur rear wheels. behide the disk brake theres an Alan key bolt there. that is where u adjust the hand brake. spin the disk and tightin the bolt. when the brake starts the rubs on the disk stop it there. ur hand brake should be right after that.

-Mick :wink:

Dogo
11-11-2003, 10:41 PM
would u do that with the handbrakle on or off at the time sik ?

sik astina
11-11-2003, 11:07 PM
do it when the hand brake is down.

GFORCE 7
14-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Thanks sik..Damn u have saved me sum cash there..Was goin to book my car in by the agents.... :lol:

pr1mo
14-11-2003, 06:01 PM
just spreadin the love gforce! nothin to it :P

sik astina
14-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks sik..Damn u have saved me sum cash there..Was goin to book my car in by the agents....

Nps buddy :D

GFORCE 7
17-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Hiya..Tnx a stax bud...
It worked like a charm....
Hey, i have put in Shell V - Power petrol in my car..and damn i am getting abt 600km on a tank..and that is with fast drving....
So anyof u wanna save sum gas...try it!!!