PDA

View Full Version : Just Broke The Washing Machine :(

Ice88
23-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Just got back from the coast and went to put some washing on, and the guy who used it before me used dry spin and didnt change it back :rolleyes: .

(OK so i should have looked :p)

But anyways my brand egyptian cotton sheets get wrapped around some part of the washing machine and this plastic garment thing that sits on top of the spring loaded drum is broken and kinda hangs lose making like massssive amounts of noise. Roomate ran out to the street cause it sounded like someone had a fender bender coming around our corner. (in his pajamas and night cap)

And the bearings now make high pitched sounds when the thing turns. Essentially spin drying is a no no, shes a drip dry only gal now :p

Shopping for white goods after work i think :(

Ice88
23-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Washing machine sounds like the nanny :/

*goes back to stuffing head between pillows*

70NYD
24-03-2009, 08:48 AM
LOL this happend to me before with my washing machine and school bag in grade 9 i though id wash it lol and one of the shoulder straps got stuck somewhere :p

Rupewrecht
24-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Hah yeah i have that problem - the washing machine is about 25 years old, and if you put an unbalanced/big load in it, the bearings start to squeal.

Ice88
24-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Yah im still trying to work out how to tell my room mate :P

I stopped the machine about 10 seconds before he came down the stairs, he was like OMG did you hear that sounded like another bit the dust. and he hurried out side. Didnt know how to break it to the guy he probably shouldnt walk around the streets in pjs, slipper and a night cap either.