PDA

View Full Version : Saw another turbo'd ba astina - ....last night!

EZZY
08-11-2002, 09:21 PM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]hey people,
saw a red BA hatchback astina last night on the way home on lane cove road. we were heading towards homebush.
just when i was driving past him, for some unknown reasons, he slammed on the breaks and his car skid and smoked a bit (just outside the shell station on lane cove rd.). anyway, drove past him and he saw me.
after that, he drove past me. one thing im not really sure is though.... he drove past me and made a loud pssttt... noise in first gear IN QUITE HEAVEY TRAFFIC. and looked at me & then drove past me.
anyway, its a red BA hatchback, lowered about 3" with either 17" or 18" mesh type alloys, no body mods. polished muffler on an angle. the rego plate: DRX-323

:( :([/color:post_uid0]

apparition
11-11-2002, 07:28 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Nice to see that there are quite a few turboed BA model astinas... pity there aren't many in Melbourne - only know of Rupewrecht's - when the conversion is finished! :) Any one know of any other turboed converted BA astinas in Melb? :)

Eric, is WGHOST astina still being driven around in turbo form or has it been sold? And Kevin's red (VIN BOY) astina still around in modified form or is it back to stock standard? Sorry to be curious, as those astinas looked sweet! :)[/color:post_uid0]

EZZY
11-11-2002, 07:37 AM
[color=#000080:post_uid0]wghost is back to stock standard, except for the side skirts.
andrew sold this setup abour 6 weeks ago. he is actually trying to sell this astina.
kelvin (vinboy) sold the astina long time ago. tony has the rear wing.[/color:post_uid0]

Rupewrecht
11-11-2002, 07:19 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]*supposedly* there's a couple of turbos in Melbourne...

1) a Noble Green BA Hatch that was spotted by pr1mo's dad at a machanics in Cranbourne or somewhere strange like that

2) was talking to a guy at a windscreen repair place that said he knows of a White BA Hatch with a VS bodykit (like Theos) but no rear wing,with a big shiny intercooler at the front.

but these are really just little more than rumours...maybe. dunno! ???[/color:post_uid0]

BigMal
11-11-2002, 09:14 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid1]Same as the guy from Australia's best when I went and
bought my momo gearknob, telling me he has seen a 4wd
Turbo BA Astina where the guy welded in the floorpan from
a TX3 in there to get the tunnel. That would be a car I
would love to see getting around.
Has been rattling in my brain ever since I heard it.

Mal :cool:[/color:post_uid1]