PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy parts ?

J-Tim
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi!

I just acquired a free 1992 BG Astina (yes, it's red too!)

The car drives pretty well, though there are multiple oil leaks around engine cover, so I suspect the rocker cover gasket is gone. Now, where does one get Mazda parts, such as gaskets, etc ? I am in Sydney, btw.

Thanks!

marcs_sp20
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Repco would be my first option for gaskets, as im uncertain Mazda would keep parts older then 15years old..

mussing
09-06-2009, 12:05 AM
If you're in need of mazda-specific parts, I'd recommend Mazford in Granville. It's just off Parramatta road near the turn into James Ruse Drive.

J-Tim
09-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Repco would be my first option for gaskets, as im uncertain Mazda would keep parts older then 15years old..

Thanks for your replies, guys! As for used parts, such as steering wheels and seats (mine are almost gone as well), Granville would be a good place too, right ?

I am surprised about lack of factory parts for a not-so old cars.

I guess, coming from German cars, I am used to the fact that you can still put together a brand new Beetle :)

mussing
09-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Yep, as for second-hand parts I know for a fact that they've just taken apart a SOHC astina, which means presumably they should still have most if not almost all of the parts off it (I got its alternator).

Also whoops, I meant mazbits and not mazford. Their website's here (http://www.mazbits.com.au/) but it's pretty simple, just give them a call and ask if they've got the parts you're after.

zappy65
09-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Mazda keep all the parts for the BG and onwards, replace your dizzy "O" ring while your at it, it's probably leaking as well, I hate REPCO, their gaskets are thinner then the Mazda items and they dont always seal if you dont clean off everything....

J-Tim
09-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Mazda keep all the parts for the BG and onwards, replace your dizzy "O" ring while your at it, it's probably leaking as well, I hate REPCO, their gaskets are thinner then the Mazda items and they dont always seal if you dont clean off everything....

Sorry, what's the location of that "dizzy "O" ring ?

DavoAust
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry, what's the location of that "dizzy "O" ring ?

between the dizzy and the cam cover/head. stops oil leaking out past where the dizzy mounts on the end of the cam. if its leaking you'll see oil on the bottom of the dizzy and down the side of the engine under it

Rupewrecht
10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
dizzy = distributor, too.

70NYD
10-06-2009, 09:35 AM
also if it leaks oil will be on the hoze directly under neath it. best test is once the engine is cool run ur finger around the seal, if ur finger comes up like charcoal u have a problem :p

J-Tim
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
dizzy = distributor, too.

Ahhh makes sense now. :D

Thanks for all your replies, fellas. I am going to degrease the whole engine bay this weekend, as it's absolutely filthy (if it's not too freezing of course) then drive for a while, to see exactly, where the oil is coming from.
After that, I'll start ringing Mazda to see how much they charge for cover and distributor gaskets