22-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Pioneer TS-D690R Speakers

330 Watts Max. Power Handling
80 Watts Nominal Rating

Retail at about $479, Selling for $260 SOLD

AND

Focal Polyglass 165V Splits

From memory these are 75Watts RMS
6.5 inch component set, 6.5" midbass and TN45 tweeters.

No pic of these puppies, Paid about $650 new, Selling for $370

PM me or SehnKhan@hotmail.com

SehnKhan
25-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Bump, any interest?

JynX
28-11-2003, 08:01 PM
were the splits installed/tuned professionally or you do it yourself?

SehnKhan
28-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Installed professionally. Have the Focal approved dealer card (or whatever that thing is) aswell.

The Pionner speakers have sold too I should add

KittyKatSmack
26-01-2004, 12:14 AM
I know this is a really old thread, and I'm sorry to bring it up again.....

but I am sorta interested in slowly getting things together for my sound.

How do these focal splits compare to the ones Deon is selling?

Your prices are much better but I probably won't have any money until March anyway..... I will start nagging Critter then.. :wink:

But if you still have them, I might possibly vaguely be mildly interested.....

(read: shiny things!!!! oooooooh!)

LOL!

Dogo
26-01-2004, 11:35 AM
im hesitant to post as I dont want to affect any1's sale ...

If i HAD to buy Focals I would buy the Utopias over Polyglass. Be aware that they will need a really nice amp behind them ( im talking quality, not power ) and i'd expect abt $100 of sound deadening per door.

KittyKatSmack
26-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanx Dogo!

In otherwords, it's all out of my budget!

:wink:

*goes back into her corner*
8)

Dogo
26-01-2004, 05:24 PM
not necesarily. u dont *have* to buy all the extra bits right now. in fact it may be more enjoyable not to. if u ran them from a cheaper amp ( or even off the hu ) and installed the sound deadening later, you would really appreciate the difference that these items made to the quality of ur stereo setup a lot more than if u did it all at once - it'll let u know that ur money has been well spent :wink:

my setup started as cheapo nasties and one by one I've replaced elements. I've loved the whole progression of average -> really nice sound.

when asked by people what they should spend their money on, I've always said to get the best speakers can afford. in my opinion, they make the biggest impact on sound.

mrpayner
26-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Hopefully Boyd's is now going to keep these Focals and whack them into the 323 when he gets a chance... along with the Pioneer 6x9's.. [yeh.. sale fell through on that].. it sounded pretty good just running off the headunit too..

AP

deon_attard
30-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Hi Kitty,

The Focal Utopia's are the top of the range and a better speaker than the polyglass. They are also about double the price - but you need to pay if you want the best. I had sound deadening through my entire car - the speakers will sound better with it although its not necessary.

I've got a brand new amp that you can buy with the speakers. Everything is now pulled out of the car as the Astina is sold. I've got all the sound gear though.

Email me deon@easynet.net.au if you need more information.

Thanx Dogo!

In otherwords, it's all out of my budget!

:wink:

*goes back into her corner*
8)

KittyKatSmack
30-01-2004, 01:29 AM
I love those focals you've got Deon, but at that price I just don't have that kind of cash... and I would want your sub and amp set up too......

chaching..... even my plastic is dead!

Blame Xmas but I am broker than broke, I am about to lose my job and look like selling my astina too

http://www.kitty-ranch.net/kitty/cry.gif

If something drastically changes, I will send you a PM ASAP!!!!!!

Good luck!!