PDA

View Full Version : red-light camera fine in NSW

asanga
25-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey guys, yesterday driving back home from work I got caught at a red light camera! :mad:

So I’m going to write when I get the infringement notice in few weeks time and plead for an excuse. I think I may have a chance (based on my record) cause last time I ever got caught & payed a traffic fine was in 1999 (10 years ago)…or do I have a chance here??? :confused:

What sort of a reason/excuse should I put in my letter ??? Any tips & ideas ???

Not a good way to end the week !! I think its 3 demerit points for red-light camera in NSW and not sure how much the fine is gonna be….

Cheers

Pattax
25-09-2009, 07:57 AM
The only valid reason I know of is if you got caught behind traffic in the intersection and was backed up into the area. But I don't recconebd making **** up.

asanga
25-09-2009, 08:20 AM
it was peak hour very slow moving traffic and the guy in front of me only just made it and when I entered the intersection I thought I had enough time but slow moving traffic held me up.

70NYD
25-09-2009, 08:25 AM
um red light cameras have to catch you before you enter the intersection and when you are in, hence y there are always 2 flashes, there has to be undoubted proof that the light was red BEFORE your entered and while you are in the intersection as well.. if you were sitting there when it turned red and u were already half way across, then use that as a excuse.. say u were there for ages cus really you shouldnt cue over a intersection..
best of luck mate :)

asanga
25-09-2009, 08:58 AM
thanks mate, there were 2 flashes....and it was that split second decision I made to enter the intersection (obviously the wrong decision!)....I thought its worth a try to write to them and see if i can get away with it.

Kazz
25-09-2009, 01:39 PM
thanks mate, there were 2 flashes....and it was that split second decision I made to enter the intersection (obviously the wrong decision!)....I thought its worth a try to write to them and see if i can get away with it.
obviously the wrong decision, you need to take ownership over ur own actions and just cop it on the chin... sorry to be blunt but u said it... u made the wrong decision and it wasn't anyone else's fault but ur own so many people on this forum need to realise this. s**t happens.

asanga
25-09-2009, 09:10 PM
obviously the wrong decision, you need to take ownership over ur own actions and just cop it on the chin... sorry to be blunt but u said it... u made the wrong decision and it wasn't anyone else's fault but ur own so many people on this forum need to realise this. s**t happens.

Thanks!! ....damn right I said it was my own fault....I never said it was any one else's fault!!! dont see ur point!

rodhog
25-09-2009, 10:21 PM
not worth it going to court you pay costs and they just give it to you not matter what ask anyone who works in local court

asanga
25-09-2009, 11:11 PM
not worth it going to court you pay costs and they just give it to you not matter what ask anyone who works in local court

hey Rod, not going to court as I dont have a case, just gonna write a compassionate letter and see if they let me get away with it. even if it doesn't work at least i can drag it for few more weeks before paying the fine