PDA

View Full Version : Saturday January 31 - Pacific Highway Cruise -Newcastle

Pages : [1] 2

arden
16-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Towards the end of the Xmas Do Cruise, the last standing few....odd12c, SPDRMN, Critter, Kar10w and myself were at City Beach near wollongong, there was talk about a potential cruise up the Pacific Hway sometime in January.

Are there others who would be interested?

Any suggestions on alternative routes?

Laser the Amazer
16-12-2003, 10:25 PM
was that the convo about going that way to newcastle?

I went up the pacific hwy as far as gosford a few weeks ago

was quite good some nice corners etc

Robert

arden
16-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Thats the one Robi never been past chatswood, so it'll be all new to me :D

and sorry i left you out on the 1st post!i totally forgot about ya!i remember u were busy taking photos!!!!

KittyKatSmack
17-12-2003, 04:48 AM
I would be interested. I lived in Newie Dat for 4.5 years before moving to Canberra so I have a lot of friends up that way. Besides, who would miss the opportunity to give ToyBoy a hard time.

Shads, you will of course be joining us at Gosford!!!

Either go the old Pacific Highway or go via Wisemans Ferry

The Putty Road is a lot of fun too but not much fun to the less than confident driver....

The highway is just as good, lots of lanes for us all to wave to each other (coz we haven't seen each other before!) and take pics of each other on the road, then come back via the Putty

Just an idea

:D

Keep up the good work Sabs!

JynX
17-12-2003, 07:30 AM
I rekon a meeting point at Wisemans is tops. North and South can come their various ways. We can chill out at the pub @ wisemans or have a bbq in the park :) (i know ull love this kitty) and then either cruise nth together and blast back down the highway or go our seperate ways from wisemans. Too easy.

ABC
17-12-2003, 08:22 AM
put me down for a probably :D

Always keen for a cruise with fellow AstinaGT members :D

KittyKatSmack
17-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Jimbo
Jimbo
Jimbo

*shakes head*

The point is to go all the way to Newcastle.........

We can meet up with everyone at the big carpark at Bar Beach, do the nice coastline drive into town, have lunch at the Brewery, go for some shots along the beaches, and across at Stockton with Newcastle in the background.
Even a trip up to FIGHTER WORLD :lol:
Sorry, the RAAF Base.....
Then north to the shipwreck n stuff...

There is heaps to do and see around Newie, some great photo opportunities, and some really good people up that way.

The wiseman's ferry run is only a way of getting there Jimbo, not the actual meeting place!!!

*JUMPS ON JIMBO*

Aaron
17-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Can we do Frontline Hobbies in Newkers as well Kitty?

*big expectant child eyes*

A.

Critter
17-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Sounds good.
End January I reckon to keep space to the Summernats eventers.

A loop that goes via Pacific Hwy one wat and back via the Putty rd or vice versa would be good.

Make it a Sunday so we can catch the Newie cruising action. :)

platypus
18-12-2003, 09:30 AM
yeah, probably a better starting point would be hornsby, or better off at thornleigh maccas....
run the old highway at least, and then you could continue up through peats ridge for a while, its probably from here you would want to go back to the f3.... then continue on to newcastle, either park and grab stuff, but is a must to go eat by now!!! (and do the obligetry hood popping exercise)

then hang around for a while, run some laps of newcastle main, then go back south, go through katherine hill bay area, past lake macquarie etc, follow through the coast line of the central coast, grab dinner at terrigal if ya like, then return to the freeway, return south, and go to bed....

just my own standard run, i usually just do this one with my gf, its a good drive up there(yeah i'm a coastie trust me :twisted: :p)

Dazz
18-12-2003, 06:03 PM
yep sounds good

Laser the Amazer
23-12-2003, 10:20 PM
how about the 1st weekend in feb

after aus day weekend etc and wont be double dermit time either

just a suggestion

Robert

arden
24-12-2003, 07:30 AM
yeh good suggestion!
nothing like cruising somewhere with double demerit points in place!!

TwoJays
24-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Ooh... Pacific Highway cruise sounds very cool... first weekend in Feb works really well for me too...

Like ABC, put we down for a definite "maybe"... work will be the deciding factor :x

platypus
24-12-2003, 06:42 PM
the 31st isn't a long weekend

but also in true reality if you want to have a good run on those roads, ya really need to run them on a week day, that way no sunday drivers to kill

sp20mad
26-12-2003, 10:52 PM
hahaha no need to worry about double demerits for me! not when i only got one point left! hahaha! oh well! include me in guys! i havent met anyone before but maybe we can all get our shortshifters before the cruise if i can get it organised in time (for those who are in with me)! would like to meet everyone at some time too! cheers guys! ciao!

platypus
29-12-2003, 07:14 PM
hmmm i like that idea with the shortshifters!!
hopefully i will have my car lowered by then too!!

sp20mad
30-12-2003, 08:01 PM
yeh i as i have said before, i wanna do mods such as lowering but i want to check out ur cars first. to make sure it is what i want. hope to see you all around soon! ciao

platypus
01-01-2004, 12:11 PM
sp20mad.... if ya wanna lower i hear kings are pretty good, (and then finish off with whiteline) but yeah i should be lowered on eibach, and even better would be to have a short shifter installed and stuff!!

o/t i'll post up my suggested route, as soon as i can find my scanner lead!!

platypus
01-01-2004, 03:46 PM
soooooo whats the story with all this then? are we still gonna go in january, or do we wait for cooler weather?

Laser the Amazer
01-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I think the 31st or the 1st of Feb would be the go to have this

gives people enough notice

won't be double dermit points time

meet point for everyone in sydney could be like thornleigh maccas maybe

then head from there as a group to the foreshore

sound alright?

Robert

arden
01-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Alright peoples.
Polls up..so picks your preference

Since Summernats is between 8-11, i added option of Feb 7 & 8. to give those attending a bit of breathing room....

Or if you rather more time, post your thoughts and ill add another date.

Cheers :P

KittyKatSmack
04-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey everyone,

great to see this idea still going ahead!!!!!

Feb is a rotten month for cruises etc for me, I will have no spare $$ at all.

Sloppy ole Valentines Day is on the 14th and I am heading to Central Coast at end of feb to catch up with a friend of mine too.

Please pick January??????

Otherwise Kitty can't go *pout pout*

Laser the Amazer
10-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Please pick January??????

ok the 31st it should be then

still going ahead guys?

Robert

Critter
11-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Good for me
I put in Sunday 1st, but 31st is OK....

dfvadr
11-01-2004, 02:17 PM
i dont care ill just be there

bRaDiNhO
11-01-2004, 10:41 PM
DEFINATELY be there on the saturday. Best meeting point is Thornleigh maccas car park - big space, near beginning of Hwy. Ahh up to gosford it is 1 lane all the way pretty much, so no photo ops there but is my fav stretch of road. Wisemans too bumpy.... short springs = feels like bouncy castle. Sabrelli just pick a date and set it - this always happens - we debate till last minute and not enuff notice. There will be the issue of traffic on the weekend as mentioned, so must be willing to cruise rather than hammer it. Also cops prey on the HWY on weekends. Pie in the sky is good for a stop. Although only 20-30 min from thornleigh. Otherwise we got haven at Terrigal where Shads can meet or Gosford area. Whateva - i be there.

arden
11-01-2004, 11:47 PM
ok guys,
looks like Jan 31 is the date which most ppl prefer.
And thornleigh maccas is the initial meeting point.

From what i can gather from previous messages, this is the list of attendees.

1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
10. ABC - Maybe
11. KittyKatSmack - Maybe
12. TwoJays - Maybe

Anyone i left out of list, please add it on.
And if ya on the list and cant make it, pls post up a mesg.

Cheers!! :lol: 8)

KittyKatSmack
12-01-2004, 06:24 AM
We were always going to cruise and not hammer it I thought......

Responsible driving please!!!!!

I like my license intact :)

Best to just keep to the major highway anyway, for better photo ops!

The aim is to get to Newie Dat to meet up there anyway.....

We need a time to meet up, remembering that the Canberra Contingent (ABC, TwoJays and myself will need 3 hours to drive to Sydney :roll: ) so not too early thanks!!!

Andy? JJ? We going up there together? Where is Remi? Why isn't Jynx on that list? Is anyone coming to join in from further south? Chipa from Albury? The Mexicans?

Do I have to get the whip out and start spanking you lot????
:wink:

KittyKatSmack
12-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Hey Odd Rod,

Can us Canberra Contingent meet up with you and cruise to wherever the heck Thornleigh Macca's is?????

JynX
12-01-2004, 06:28 AM
Hey Odd Rod,

Can us Canberra Contingent meet up with you and cruise to wherever the heck Thornleigh Macca's is?????

It would be quicker for you to come straight up the federal highway.... going for wollongong will add a decent portion of time to your trip then again, if you want to cruise in a group - go via Wollongong as me, dazz and maybe mal will meet up @ Sutho.

arden
12-01-2004, 08:10 AM
1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
10. ABC - Maybe
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx
14. preeman80

arden
12-01-2004, 08:36 AM
karlo has suggested we stop at Gosford at iguana's or something near the water.

Bring on the suggestions.

kar10w
12-01-2004, 08:42 AM
sabrelli! now we have a date, what's the route up there? would suggest against stopping at the pie in the sky (mid-run and isn't the carpark small?). i'd suggest old pac up to gosford, stopping at iguana joe's or iguana's at gosford, then cruise on up to newcastle from there (apart from highway, dunno what way to newcastle would be good). any thoughts?

platypus
12-01-2004, 08:48 AM
cool, i feel v. special now, i'm top of the list!!!

i was thinkning we run the old road up till tuggerah, and then take the F3 the rest of the way to newwie, that way we can make a second meeting/rest stop at the twin servo at wyee...

that way any other coasties can join up, like me! (but i'll be starting at thornleigh anyway)

kitty, thornleigh macca's is on the cumberland highway, just about 10 minutes before the F3 freeway.... (next macca's after pennant hills)

can people find/buy/borrow/steal 2 way radios?? uhf band, that way we have full comms

platypus
12-01-2004, 08:52 AM
karlow,
se my earlier post as to suggested route... this would make for a big loop around, so if you want joe's would be best to do later in the arvo (like dinner) but that's pretty damn exxy!!

ABC
12-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Looks like I'm out for the extended cruise unfortunately - Money saving for overseas trip kind of puts a dampener on anything remotely fun. :|

I do have to take my boat to Sydney somewhere near that time of year though so I might be able to join the Canberra-Sydney part of the cruise with the boat!! 8)

sik astina
12-01-2004, 09:51 AM
I sould be there. will let u guys know

platypus
12-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Sloppy ole Valentines Day is on the 14th and I am heading to Central Coast at end of feb to catch up with a friend of mine too.

kitty, we'll have to hook up and the other locals to the coast in february! next cruise!!!

JynX
12-01-2004, 10:06 AM
My memory is abit vague nth of gosford, but isnt there a coastal road ("scenic route") that goes up the coast from gosford to newcastle as opposed to the F3? need to check my maps.

And I wont have my car again... too far togo on a dodgy water pump... Next cruise I should have the car boostin and a new makeover. Ill ride with dazz/mik or mal. Whoever wants me.. (prob noone).

platypus
12-01-2004, 10:22 AM
yeah well i wanted to to the loop, ie take the f3, and then take the old road back down

MrShadow
12-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Can we do Frontline Hobbies in Newkers as well Kitty?

Yo, I'm in on this, and yeah, I'll join y'all at Gosford. Oh, and I agree with Aaron on this Frontline Hobbies thing as well. Whenever is fine with me, but depending, I may just drive with you up to Swansea, then head home. But we'll see.

MrShadow
12-01-2004, 10:35 AM
My memory is abit vague nth of gosford, but isnt there a coastal road ("scenic route") that goes up the coast from gosford to newcastle as opposed to the F3? need to check my maps.

Yep, it's called the Pacific Highway! It's much nicer than the F3, and has some interesting bends innit. Besides, there's more places to stop for coffee etc.

karlo has suggested we stop at Gosford at iguana's or something near the water

Actually, may I suggest Terrigal? Parking may be a bitch (might have to walk a bit to get to the shops etc), but it's a kind of touristy area, plenty of Cafs, plus a wonderful Gelato store. Also, it's the place for lapping around the Gosford area of the coast. So, we can put eveybody else to shame.

Suggestions

Ok, if you're stopping at Gosford, you have a couple of options. If going to Iguana Joes, I suggest heading straight back up the mountain to the F3, and head North till we reach the Pacific Highway Exit (just North of Sparks Road/Toukley exit) and take that.

If going to Terrigal, we can do the same as the above, or head up the coast from Terrigal. Going up the coast from Terrigal will add about 1 hour to the trip overall. And I'm not sure if Iguana Joes is open for Lunch on the weekends, shuold be, but I've never been there. Also, parking is a bit dodgy there, like Terrigal.

Just some suggestions if you like to stop off at Gosford. Of course, if you arrive around 1100-1330, we could always go to the Davistown RSL for lunch, decent food, reasonable prices (and it's only 5 mins from my place :roll: . May need to book a atable though...

arden
12-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Good stuff guys!!! 8)

Hey for meetup in Thornleigh Maccas, anyone suggest a departing time?????

platypus
12-01-2004, 11:15 AM
naa davo only good for sunday raffles!!!!!

i think terrigal would be the go, perhaps even the entrance...
so yeah could do that and go home on the F3... makes for an easy trip home

platypus
12-01-2004, 11:16 AM
this is sabrellis list + edits

1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
10. ABC - Maybe
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx (riding with ??)
14. preeman80
15. twilightprotege - has confirmed!
16. sik astina
17. MrShadow

should be a good day, i'll try and scout some stuff out, for places to eat etc...

do we want to have takeaway, or a barbie??

ps Add your name if you have been missed

platypus
12-01-2004, 11:19 AM
some time after 9:30 would be good...

perhaps meet between 9:30 and 10ish

i will be just around the corner on that saturday

MrShadow
12-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey, ahb11m, where you live?

platypus
12-01-2004, 11:25 AM
i live in lisarow, my g/f (who will come) live in wahroonga, near thornleigh, so we will come up from there

MrShadow
12-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Ahh, cause only locals call it the Davo...

Seeing I'l be meeting you guys halfway, can I get Kitty or someone to SMS me when you get close? Kitty has my mobile, or PM me if you want it. Thanks.

platypus
12-01-2004, 11:33 AM
oops i can't delete

platypus
12-01-2004, 11:34 AM
yeah i did PM you earlier!!
fyi some of you have it some don't.. my mobile has changed, so feel free to enquire me.... 0405 435 196

i'm not staying at my g/f's anymore, as i will be coming down with twilightprotege (he is staying with me, coming down from Brisbane)

arden
12-01-2004, 11:37 AM
ah sweet, so andy is coming along too!

KittyKatSmack
12-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Hey fellas,

Have put up a Feb cruise already, can't hurt to get ourselves a bit organised now can it??????

*blink blink*

Yes I know, wonders will never cease.... besides, Jynx has said his car will be ready and we will all want to see the beast meister psssssht'ing itself

*giggles*

JynX
12-01-2004, 02:14 PM
I hope its ready by Feb or I will be crying.

KittyKatSmack
12-01-2004, 02:48 PM
and I want those headers!!!!!!!!

dfvadr
12-01-2004, 07:48 PM
guys i think 9 to 9.30 at thornliegh is late enough time goes to bloody quik on these sort off days an from experience the bigger the cruise the slower it is keepin all intact

kitty you an the canberra guys want you can stay at my house in albion park if u like there is only my son there an his mate it has 5 bedrooms an a huge back room to crash as long as you bring sumthing to sleep on an leave it clean im cool to lets you guys crash there on the friday nite an the saturday nite if u dont feel like driving all the way back to canberra call me on 42 850104 after 7 it only cost $3 max if u cant get me on that number i might be online ring my mobile an i will get off 0414 647845

guys i dont care which way u go but stop an think about the 1 lane rd's with so many cars an if u strike a truck or sumthing

im aiming to get into hunter st to piss norm an his hot fj off with cool looking cars like astinas man lol

i believe there is a couple off cool spots up there were all the dunn up cars get maybe u locals can tack us there for a look

platypus
12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
i know the coast, and a lap at least of terrigal, would be awesome, esp with the numbers we have here!!

maybe i should talk to my mazda dealer and see if i can borrow the sp23 for the weekend.... now THAT would be v. cool

as long as we have the uhf's i'll be happy...

dfvadr
12-01-2004, 08:25 PM
hey robert are u bringing ur mums astina or do i bring my spare mazda an astina an 323 badges an put on ur car lmao ..|..

preeman80
12-01-2004, 09:39 PM
hmm.. count me in as well guys/gals.. 8)

preeman80
12-01-2004, 09:41 PM
oooh im there already.. my bad. :wink:

bRaDiNhO
12-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Ok Iguana Joes is open on weekends for lunch. It is just a bistro and pub literally sitting on the water. Drinks ok prices, food above average for bistro. BUT parlking is very limited on site. Would be best to keep cars within reasonable distance especially for those with $$$$ of gear inside! I still propose the Haven at Terrigal. Parking will be fine, and good photo ops. Only fish and chip shop available there, with walk round to main bit. Parking at Terrigal will be otherwise VERY hard. Pie in the sky parking will be fine, theres heaps of space round the back where not many ppl are, akthough tables may be difficult.

Kitty - what do u mean where is Thornleigh Maccas. Its the Australian heart of the American Embassy (maccas......). And i live there :D For those from canberra, u need to go onto Cumberland highway once in Sydney. Take JAmes Ruse Dr onto Pennant Hills Rd, follow it all the way to Thornleigh. It'll be on your left hand side - just loop around the back once you drive past. There is a big Bunnings next to it- you turn there. 2 servos just up the road, so can gas up b4hand there.

Ah wat else...

Personal preference is Pac Hwy up there. Will be less crowded and I have to leave by about 1 anyway. CAn take th F3 back to Syndey or Wisemans Ferry route if you prefer the long scenic drive. Meeting time at 9:30 is good, say for about 9:45 dept. I would be there at 9 to watch ya all rock up. :wink:

There is a coastal road from Gosford up to The Entrance its ok. Nothing special tho... but get to crusie thru the burbs rather than up inland rd. A couple of sets of lights, but generally roundabouts.

Hope this helps.

Brad

Laser the Amazer
12-01-2004, 11:41 PM
hey robert are u bringing ur mums astina or do i bring my spare mazda an astina an 323 badges an put on ur car lmao ..|..

LOL

Rod I have enough trouble getting it to go across to your side of albion park from mine lol

I might bring my laser along if you guys dont mind me bringing it?

Robert

arden
12-01-2004, 11:48 PM
1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
10. SPDRMN - Said yes a while back - TBA
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx (riding with??)
14. preeman80
15. twilightprotege
16. sik astina
17. MrShadow
18. Tunnel_rat (wait on roster)
19. Snert (wait for confirm)
20. Wiredone (pm ed)
21. Coolsp (Pméd)
22. ABC - Only Canberra to Sydney

platypus
13-01-2004, 12:28 AM
sabrelli, ya beat me to it!!!!!!
Ok Iguana Joes is open on weekends for lunch. It is just a bistro and pub literally sitting on the water. Drinks ok prices, food above average for bistro. BUT parlking is very limited on site. Would be best to keep cars within reasonable distance
closest parking is at a fish and chip shop across the road called monty's

Pie in the sky parking will be fine, theres heaps of space round the back where not many ppl are, akthough tables may be difficult.
We will get killed by bikies...

Kitty - what do u mean where is Thornleigh Maccas. Its the Australian heart of the American Embassy (maccas......).
too true

fyi i will be there at 9 am sharpish shall me my brekkie home!!!

arden
13-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Looks like ill be enjoying breakfast at the well loved family establishment :mrgreen:

JynX
13-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Personal preference is Pac Hwy up there. Will be less crowded and I have to leave by about 1 anyway. CAn take th F3 back to Syndey or Wisemans Ferry route if you prefer the long scenic drive. Meeting time at 9:30 is good, say for about 9:45 dept. I would be there at 9 to watch ya all rock up. :wink:

Heh depart in 15mins.... you need to come on more cruises :) Allow at least 30mins for people to think about leaving and stop chinwagin. Id allow an hour :)

If mal gets his car fixed b4 then ill ride with him (mmm boost) otherwise Dazz loves me.

KittyKatSmack
13-01-2004, 03:45 PM
er....

are we still landing in Newcastle???

Why not have lunch there then!

Beaches Hotel has nice views across the water (can book tables) or go to the Brewery! Everyone goes to the Brewery!!!

Blue Water Pizza has gourmet pizza's that kick ass!

If we are only going to halfway point, has anyone been in touch with Toyboy to see if he is coming down to meet us halfway?

Either way, Shads and I are going on up to Newcastle before the shops shut to go to Frontline!!!!!

That place r0><0rs!!!

9am at Thornleigh, unless we stay at Albion Park (thanks for the offer Odd Rod) that means leaving Canberra before 6am EEEEEEEEP!!!!!

Well TwoJays and ABC, what do you say? A slumberparty in Wollongong? Catch up with Sik Mik and Leanne and keep Odd Rod's son scared all night????

:twisted:

platypus
13-01-2004, 07:06 PM
i was figuring lunch at tezza, and then dinner, on the central coast (if you like)

platypus
13-01-2004, 07:06 PM
i was figuring lunch at newie, and then dinner, on the central coast ...say tezza???(if you like)

Andrew_SP20
13-01-2004, 07:30 PM
You can definately count me in!! How many peoples have CB's for the cruise?

BigBoyLemonade
13-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Count me in as well if I can get a new car by then

arden
13-01-2004, 07:59 PM
1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx (riding with??)
14. preeman80
15. twilightprotege
16. sik astina
17. MrShadow
20. Wiredone (pm ed)
21. Coolsp (Pméd)
23. Lantis - If can get a new car!!
24. Andrew_SP20

dfvadr
13-01-2004, 08:06 PM
ok south coast guys were r we leaving from i put forward the bottom off ousley at say 7am maybe pick up u sydney guys along the way sumwhere thicken the numbers to hit thornliegh maccas

KittyKatSmack
13-01-2004, 08:25 PM
SH!T THATS A LOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS CRUISE!!!!

WELL DONE ASTINAGT!!!!!!!!!!

*goes off like a frog in a sock*

Critter
13-01-2004, 08:45 PM
I'll get in touch with TDK too.

Awesome list :)

I have a work "retreat" whatever that is in Bowral on the Sunday/Monday too.
Plenty k's there that weekend.....

TwoJays
13-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Geez, this is sounding absolutely sweet team :D Great work...

My odds have shortened greatly, 'cause I'm definitely not on call... almost definite...there's still a small chance I'll have to work, but it's _very_ small... that is of course providing I still have a job after tomorrows discussion about the ramifications of our upcoming company merger... :shock:

So, count me in at this stage (but don't be surprised with an 11th hour withdrawal)... I have absolutely no idea what any of you are talking about in terms of roads and stuff, so I'll just follow the lead! And I'll see what I can do about a radio.

KKS/Odd Rod: Slumber party in Wollongong sounds like a great plan! It'll probably be both myself and Bek.... as long as someone can lead me there ...

Lantis: There's always a couple of spare seats in JJ-024 if all else fails...

platypus
13-01-2004, 09:15 PM
yup, absoluoutley!!!< i'll try to grab another CB, but i cannot promise.....
i have UHF... if you don't have one, now is a great time to invest, they are cheap as chips now!!! (about $50-80)

KittyKatSmack
13-01-2004, 09:25 PM
I have no money for CB but I do know the way to Rods place in Albion Park!

*ponders if she can get the radios from work, snigger snigger*

*mental pic: sarge, need to borrow some radios for the weekend, don't ask whatfor!*

:lol:

Laser the Amazer
13-01-2004, 10:25 PM
looking at the numbers our best bet would be the bunnings next to the maccas

has a bigger carpark and looks like we will need it from going off that list

oh and I fluke it again :P

being almost on the doorstep of the meet point lol

only a 15min drive max to thornleigh for me from my place at carlingford

cant believe how many people are on the list

Robert

arden
14-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Looks like the SP20s are gonna rule supreme once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
How many we got here.....
11 all up if noone pulls out!!!!!!!!

bRaDiNhO
14-01-2004, 07:03 AM
Bunnings car park is full on Sat mornings..... definately out. If u park on the side of Maccas where there is 4 rows of parking all will be sweet. Maybe i take a few witches hats and rope for our own VIP parking :lol:

Am I gonna be the only BG if TwoJays dont come?

Critter
14-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Ah, Kitty........

Rod has moved from Albion Park. About 10 mins further north I think.

JynX
14-01-2004, 08:03 AM
I'll get in touch with TDK too.

Awesome list :)

I have a work "retreat" whatever that is in Bowral on the Sunday/Monday too.
Plenty k's there that weekend.....

Last I heard his car was defected. He might like a ride though :0

Andrew_SP20
14-01-2004, 08:37 AM
i'll see how many cb's i can round up amongst my mates so i can lend em out to a few ppls... it's strictly byo batteries but coz they seem to chew through them pretty hard!

MrShadow
14-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Well, I don't have CB's, but I do have a scanner that should pick em up, oh, and it just also happens to pick up another "interesting" frequency :wink: :wink: (Very interesting listening on a Friday/Sat night!)

Oh, and Sarah (sister) asked me to tell you she's kinda pissed that this cruise isn't happeneing the weekend before. She's leaving for England the day before (Fri 30th), and would have loved to come. Bummer hey? :twisted: :twisted: (No, I'm not suggesting we change the date, JIC any of you were having heart attacks!)

ABC
14-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Wollongong is good with me if Rod has enough room out the front for a couple of cars and a boat. Will probably be Myself and Cath.

Tony - there's room in the ABC as well if you're suffering V6 withdrawls :wink:

I'll send around some PM's to the other Canberra people too :D

dfvadr
14-01-2004, 06:53 PM
guys/girls bring your partners an you must bring sumthing to sleep on as the house is basically empty there are three spare bedrooms an a huge back room so there is plenty off room for people to crash there

the power is still on an the elect so you can make tea or coffee have showers, even has a pool [have to bring ur stuff my son wouldn't have much there] i must stress though it is sold so leave it clean an tidy
i will meet up with u guys anyway on the friday wen i get home from work

i dont care how many crash there as long as u dont mind the floor

abc there is a big garage so u mite be able to put the boat in over-nite

plenty off room in the drive an on the grass for many cars

im not living there now but my son is still there an he no's u guys mite be staying all is cool

Zed
14-01-2004, 10:28 PM
You can add a 12th SP20 now! Managed to swap out of work for the morning so will be there for half the day at least. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

arden
14-01-2004, 11:21 PM
its great that you can make it Zed!!

1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx (riding with??)
14. preeman80
15. twilightprotege
16. sik astina
17. MrShadow
20. Wiredone (pm ed)
21. Coolsp (Pméd)
24. Andrew_SP20
25. Zed

Critter
15-01-2004, 08:04 AM
TDK is back on the road but will be on hols with his g/f (an anniversay, .......snigger).

Good to have you aboard, Zed.

There might be another car (Protege) coming down from Toowoomba.

KittyKatSmack
15-01-2004, 08:32 AM
we appreciate it Odd Rod and we will not let you down!

Dibs on one of the bedrooms!!!

Now then, who has an airmattress they can lend to Aaron and I?

I promise NO BOUNCING!

platypus
15-01-2004, 09:13 AM
back on the CB thing... if you team up with someone else, head down to your local strathfield, they have a special on atm.... $79 for a pair of UHF CB radios...... would be good to talk to all while in transssit, rather than stopping every 5 seconds!!!

MrShadow
15-01-2004, 09:58 AM
Looking like it's going to be a good day. I'll probably head down to Strathield and get a pair on the weekend, so I'll have a spare on the day, if anybody wants to borrow it/buy it/whatever.

Can hardly wait now!

MrShadow
15-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Couldn't find the ones for $75 a pair, but did find this one:

http://www.strathfield.com/Product.asp?ProdID=201

40 CHannel UHF
Voice Activated
$45

Edit:- Never mind, buy two of these and you get them for $79, before 26th Jan.

We are going to Tezza for lunch, ya? If so, I could get there about 15 minutes before you guys and order the fish and chips/whatever, that way you don't have to wait so long. Just give us a call about half an hour before you plan to arrive, and I'll get things going. Howzzat sound?

TwoJays
15-01-2004, 09:09 PM
We are going to Tezza for lunch, ya? If so, I could get there about 15 minutes before you guys and order the fish and chips/whatever, that way you don't have to wait so long. Just give us a call about half an hour before you plan to arrive, and I'll get things going. Howzzat sound?

You're a genius! Great idea... I can just see it now:

MrShadow: "I'll have 1 school of fish, and a truck-load of chips thanks.... with salt".

ShopKeeper (Ms. Hanson): :shock: :shock: "Umm...Sure"

platypus
15-01-2004, 09:31 PM
this is sabrellis list + edits (for the benefit of astinaGT page 7!!)
its great that you can make it Zed!!

1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx (riding with??)
14. preeman80
15. twilightprotege
16. sik astina
17. MrShadow
19. Snert
20. Wiredone (pm ed)
21. Coolsp
24. Andrew_SP20
25. Zed
26. 200MZ... (toowoomba resident)

All those in red, could you please let us know your intentions??

platypus
15-01-2004, 09:42 PM
naa maybe not a great idea, but would be funny to see that order... plus i was thinking a liquid lunch for me.... JJ, you know i'm an alcoholic

Chris
15-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I'll be comming on the cruise as thornleigh is only 20 mins from my house, so its 9.00 at the maccas? Dam i wish i could put my mags on for the cruise (bloody insurance) oh well still another hardtop astina to join the team.

1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx (riding with??)
14. preeman80
15. twilightprotege
16. sik astina
17. MrShadow
19. Snert
20. Wiredone (pm ed)
21. Coolsp
24. Andrew_SP20
25. Zed
26. 200MZ... (toowoomba resident)
27.Chris

arden
15-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Glad that you made it on the list Chris!!!!!
yeh 9am at thornleigh seem to be the go at the mo. :P

platypus
16-01-2004, 12:53 AM
okay here i have some proposed routes - NB both drives are proposed for clockwise travel ie up the old road, through peats ridge........ then newcastle then down the coast

version 1 was my original version.... is good and long and bumpy... not good for those lowered peeps....
http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/ahb11m/route%202%20v2.jpg

route 2 is the second option, plus bumble hill is supposed to be the shiznits.... i'm gonna cruise this for myself by sunday
http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/ahb11m/route%201%20v2.jpg

let me know what you all think!!!

stops havn't been included, i figure we can work on those as need be

Critter
16-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Either looks fine.

The first route I know and is a lot of fun, not so bumpy as all that, no problems for Whiteline Power :)

if you try option 2 and is all good, that's fine by me (should be a bit quicker too, is a long day for those coming from the south)

MrShadow
16-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Actually, if you let them know before hand, they can usually handle fairly large orders, but if you're looking for a liquid lunch, well, Terrigal is the place for you.

bRaDiNhO
16-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Um, with both routes - we're talking bout Terrigal for lunch. That aint happening if we go clockwise, as wont be there till 4ish if we have lotsa stops and chitchat in between. Any other good lunch spots Newcastle ppls? Shads u may need to pick us up elsewhere if we doing clockwise eg near the Reptile Park on Pac Hwy on the way up. Or we just go anticlockwise.....

MrShadow
16-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Shads u may need to pick us up elsewhere

Yep, that's cool, just give us a call 30 minutes before you plan to get to Tezz/Reptile Park/Gosford area, and I'll be there.

arden
16-01-2004, 06:56 PM
1. ahb11m
2. critter
3. odd12c
4. bradinho
5. dazz
6. sabrelli
7. sp20mad
8. Laser The Amazer
9. kar10w
11. KittyKatSmack
12. TwoJays - Maybe
13. Jynx (riding with??)
14. preeman80
15. twilightprotege
16. sik astina
17. MrShadow
19. Snert
20. Chris
21. Coolsp
24. Andrew_SP20
25. Zed
26. 200MZ... (toowoomba resident letting us know in a weeks time)

platypus
16-01-2004, 07:04 PM
i thought we do clockwise, that way we do the driving bit while we are fresh, then we go the easy roads in the afternoon, also bumble hill is best experienced downhill!!!

unless you want to go the other way, which would be just as good... also means we can stop at mount penang to allow for others to catch up/slow down (off the freeway, just before the lights)

if you go that way i'll meet you at kariong, at about 10:15 - 10:30 (MrShadow you want to meet up there??.... actually going anti-clockwise is probably easier for me.... but just let me know what you ALL think??!!!!

i thought original plan was to go to newcastle for lunch!!!

JynX
16-01-2004, 07:35 PM
I have a dude from the Fordlaser forums who would to come on this cruise. Can someone boot him a seat?

dfvadr
16-01-2004, 08:26 PM
if u choose the rough bumpy route im out
i have poored to much money into my wheels, suspension, wheel balance/alignment to knock the **** out off it unecessarily

KittyKatSmack
16-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Bumpy is out for me too.....

I have some repair work to do on my car that I am waiting until I get some money for....

I don't want to have to do the work earlier than fundage will allow!

More nice freeway, less crappy road bits please?

Thanks!!!!

And I also thought we were in Newie for lunch????
And photo opportunities.....

dfvadr
16-01-2004, 09:20 PM
you guys really need to look at the numbers you have with between 15 an 30 cars any single lane roads is going to be the slowest i dont mean i want to speed thats out for me too, an the distance ur talking would take all week end to do

im at a loss here are we or are we not going to newcastle?

arden
16-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Heres the go guys.
Destination is STILL newcastle.
ahb11m is goin for a test run 2morrow to see exactly what the roads are like.

Of course, any bumpy roads are out of the question!I myself do not want to give my pride and joy a rough ride. :)

And Rod, i agree with the single lane roads....one prang or one truck and we're up **** creek...so yeh we would wanna minimize that as much as possible.

So we will wait until ahb11m gives his report on his test run and then finalize the route.

Cheers.

Laser the Amazer
16-01-2004, 10:11 PM
I have a dude from the Fordlaser forums who would to come on this cruise. Can someone boot him a seat?

who is it from fordlaser.com???

coming together very nicely guys....well done

Robert

twilightprotege
16-01-2004, 10:41 PM
hey look i'm over here :D

rough road doesnt bother me 1 bit. i've taken my 20 on some pretty rough dirt roads and i dont mind (vic alps etc). what i do mind is stone chips. i dont want any more stone chips!

Aaron
16-01-2004, 10:50 PM
rough is out... to easy to have a line of cars getitng stone chipped by fellow members. Too hard on odd12c as well...

I agree about the single lane windy roads... this isn't a cruise for driving corners now with these numebrs... We shoudl be SAFE and RESPONSIBLE and plan for good open roads with room and all that to let everyone have a safe and fun drive in the group without putting aother road users at risk ;)

A.

arden
16-01-2004, 10:59 PM
ha stone chips!ive accumulated a fair few already on my front bonnet!!!!sonofa!

But yeh, i TOTALLY agree with Aarons and odd21c comments.

platypus
16-01-2004, 11:10 PM
dbl

platypus
oh well, i'll check them out, but before i even bother wasting my time and petrol, can someone please define bumpy?

loose gravel you don't need to clarify for me....

i originally thought this was meant to be a cruise up te old highway, the othere was just a bit extra on the end

the old highway is single lane, as is the coastal drive from newcastle.... lets all just take the multilane freeway, and enjoy the trucks
:evil:

Laser the Amazer
yeah old pac is good with about 10 cars

which I recently did last year

roads werent that bumpy etc as I can remember, but with a big group it will be hard to keep altogether and take quite a while to get up as well

free will be the better option for sure, much quicker and easier

Robert

KittyKatSmack
16-01-2004, 11:18 PM
OK, I've had enough bitching....

F3 is the way to go

Dual lane highway, no crap roads etc.

There are many more cars than usual, and it is getting too crowded to do the twisty stuff.

Stone chips, bumps, etc
My car may be stock, but there are enough modified vehicles coming along to warrant some leeway for them.

Basically, unless we are sticking to the major thoroughfare's for most of it, I will not be attending this cruise.

Biggest widest easiest to follow roads where everyone can find everyone else etc.
People like Odd Rod have spent too much time and money on their pride and joy to blow it now.

It might sound like a party pooper, but that is just where I stand.
Wanted you know just in case.

Cheers

Aaron
16-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Trust me people - In some of the BIIIGGG (this is big for AstinaGt but a puddle compared to CCC runs) cruises I've been on the F3 can be considered too small... and trying to wind peopel through back roads to final destinations was crap even with every car having a map and people doing their best to keep the line...

On the freeway we have the ability to move aroudn the lanes, to be a little slower and let peopel past the group (and allow stragglers to catch up)... I suggest a lead car Cruise speed of 100-105kmph in the 110 zones.....

A.

platypus
16-01-2004, 11:30 PM
ok and i want you to understand i'm not having a tanty....

i drive the freeway every day (Ourimbah to Hornsby)and its easier to break up a pack on the freeway than a single lane road... while i appreciate the effort some of you have put into your cars, it would of been good to drive some of the old roads.... where there is scenery etc....

soooo anyway, unless someone can convince me otherwise, i'm out.... unless there are still some people that want to leave 15 minutes early... but thats not exactly a cruise is it?

TwoJays
17-01-2004, 06:48 AM
ok and i want you to understand i'm not having a tanty....
<SNIP>
soooo anyway, unless someone can convince me otherwise, i'm out.... unless there are still some people that want to leave 15 minutes early... but thats not exactly a cruise is it?

That's pretty close to a tanty... maybe just a dummy spit :P :P :P

It'd be a shame not to have you along just for that... since I was planning to use accomodation supplied by ODD12C, and KKS/Aaron were going to lead me there... my preference is obviously for the freeway, so they come!

While it's easier to break up a group on the freeway, it's _much_ easier to join it back up again... please look past the roads and at least come for the social side of the event... come on, I know the liquid lunch is _very_ tempting!!!

sik astina
17-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Stone chips, bumps, etc
My car may be stock, but there are enough modified vehicles coming along to warrant some leeway for them.

Basically, unless we are sticking to the major thoroughfare's for most of it, I will not be attending this cruise.

Biggest widest easiest to follow roads where everyone can find everyone else etc.
People like Odd Rod have spent too much time and money on their pride and joy to blow it now.

pffft :P :lol: eww stonechip :?

nice smooth roads sounds good. u dont wanna spend all the time on the highway tho.

arden
17-01-2004, 10:52 AM
*cough cough*
abh11m,
go to the back corner, face the wall and put ur hands on top of your head!! :twisted:

Well, everyones made some valid points.

how about we compromise, for those who want abit of scenic drive, they can have a 15min headstart on the freeway guys and then join up at some twin servo...hows dat sound???

KittyKatSmack
17-01-2004, 11:02 AM
why not compromise like this:

get everyone on the highway up to Newcastle for the liquid lunch, as per original spec (as I thought)

and those that want curvy and bumpy can do so on the way back?

most people will have enough of an idea of where they are in the world so they dont get geographically embarrassed.....

keep everyone together and looking schmick for the trip towards NewieDat, and let everyone split up for the trip home......

everyone gets a bit of everything that way

I don't want to see this cruise fall apart, Sabrelli and ahb11m have both done lots of work to make it happen and the support the cruise has received has been fantastic.

Mik and Rod and others with particularly low cars and sweet paintwork (noice moite :wink: ) will not want to be seen as the cause of splitting the group up into two seperate groups, and I for one will not take my "STOCK" astina out in a group where I will get the ****s with one of my best friends on the forum for a stone chip.... I have enough of those b@stards as it is to bemoan my paintwork and wish for a respray!!!!!

I suggest keep everyone together until after lunch (and photo's) then offer the alternative routes for the funtrips back home......

What do you all think?

arden
17-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Kitty ,
thinkin wot u just said...yeh. last thing we need is if one group doesnt turn up in time or whatever and then we have agitated ppl before even getting to newie.

ok so ppls, ignore that suggestion i made about 2 groups.

KittyKatSmack
17-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Coolies!!!

So now to keep everyone on board with the trip on the highway to get to destination........

There is no reason the maps that ahb11m provided still can't be used to find a fun route home for those wanting one, the tough part is narrowing it down to one!!!

arden
17-01-2004, 11:29 AM
well all i really wanna see is the large contingent of astinas/proteges travelling in one big group!WHAT A SIGHT it will be!!!!! :lol:

MrShadow
17-01-2004, 01:16 PM
why not compromise like this:

get everyone on the highway up to Newcastle for the liquid lunch, as per original spec (as I thought)

Kitty, I've just read three pages of posts, and I was dying to say what you've said, but thought I'd wait till I've read them all so I don't make an ass of myself.

I agree that we probably should take the F3 North (although, like ahb11m, I drive the F3 too many times a week (Gosford to Newcastle about 3-4 times a week, sometimes 6)).

In regards to road status, from the Central Coast (well, Toukley at any rate), the Pacific Highway is a smooth (mostly), well maintained road. It may get worse coming into Newcastle, but nothing as bad as some Sydney "main" roads, or most roads on the Central Coast. On that note, if you're all afraid of a few bumps or stone chips, I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR Terrigal/Gosford/The Entrance. Stay on the F3.

Also, it may be easier to keep everyone together on the F3, but we have to get onto local roads sometime, which means some get caught at lights, some go the wrong way etc. No matter what, we are going to get broken up.

And if people are really desperate to take the Pacific Highway North, they can always meet us at Newcastle, I mean, we are meeting some guys from Newcastle up there aren't we? If they (people coming up from Syd via Pcific Highway) don't get up the Pacific Highway into Newcastle in time, well... ..|.. :wink:

Oh, Kitty, is that Mila in your Avatar? Possibly a shot from Res Evil?

platypus
17-01-2004, 05:41 PM
i'm not giving up on you i have drawn you a new road, no bumps this time
http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/ahb11m/map1%20small.jpg

this will give you an easy drive, red dots are thornleigh, newcastle, and terrigal... Blue dot is fuel stop if anyone forgot to before hand.... this route is easy to ditch from newcastle if you don't want to run, have family commitments, whatever

also if anyone wants it the raw map is available through this linky http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/ahb11m/map2.jpg

jj, i can do that at home, and not drive.... but we'll see, i'm still undecided

ps bumble hill is wicked as, i decided to drive it today anyway, too good a drive to pass up, and we would of had to stagger people descending that hill ala rally style, is the best road i know of, but its narrow its twisty, and is best enjoyed over 60km/h (although suicidal!!)
that drive is ok until you hit central mangrove, where the road is a bit crumbly on the edges, but well worth the hike if you have time.... single lane road until calga, where there is 2 lanes up until peats ridge (which is the next off ramp)

all those who said it could be scary on that road, you'll be happy to know i love tapped a goat.... silly billy :oops:

Critter
17-01-2004, 09:49 PM
I'll go wherever we go, whatever.....

BUT, after the Ulladulla cruise, it would be just SO GOOD to get 25 or so Astinas all in a line on the freeway or wherever.

KittyKatSmack
17-01-2004, 10:16 PM
so.....

from the looks of your map, we are taking the F3 up to Newcastle, and coming back via pacific highway?

great idea!!

why didn't I think of that!!!

(Glad you like the new avatar Shads!)

JynX
17-01-2004, 10:25 PM

who is it from fordlaser.com???

coming together very nicely guys....well done

Robert

Demon TX3
Can he hitch with you Laser?

KittyKatSmack
17-01-2004, 10:26 PM
i love tapped a goat

some people will do anything for a good time and a quick feel......

:shock:

and we thought Jimbo was bad!!!

platypus
18-01-2004, 11:44 AM
ahem... i am jimbo!! (think...) and goats are funny... man they are really scared of my exhaust.... i sat and accidentally blipped the gas, and they ran away!!

yes KKS, that is the way, pacific highway the only bit of roughness is just south of newcastle, past catherine hill bay.... but nothing below the standards of sydney roads, just a coarse blacktop....

bRaDiNhO
18-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Ah ****e, just wrote an essay of a post and lost it.

Sabrelli and AHB - just decide on the best route between u and post it. Those who don't like it don't come. Too hard arguing about it and theres always gonna be two sides.

My suggestion - Take F3 to Brooklyn exit, as it is 3 lanes, 110kmh all the way to that point, but roadworks, 2 lane merges, and lower speed limit occur just after (which is where we have probs in terms of gettin split). Then Pac Hwy up to Gosford - this is the best bit, and has no lights, roundabouts and 80kmh limit most of the way etc (unlike B4 Brooklyn where you must pass through residential areas - 60kmh, get split by lights etc) I think this is fair compromise - road is fine, trip time still close to being as short as possible, and neither on hwy or freeway whole time. There is a rest stop section just at Brroklyn exit where we can regroup if we lose ppl also.

platypus
19-01-2004, 12:20 AM
i'm happy to do that bradinho, but not everyone else is...

i'm thinking kitty's idea might be the way... drive bored up to newcastle, and then do the fun cruise on the way HOME
so what i think i might do is re-trek north so that meself and anyone else interested can see the fun that is bumble hill - which is in no way intended for the feint hearted!!!
or i'll just drive the old road back to thornleigh

platypus
19-01-2004, 12:54 AM
And this is a pic of what it should look like at thornleigh!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/astinaclub/asclub/aspic/jpn01.jpg

borrowed from astina WA....

KittyKatSmack
19-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Nice pics of Sparkle Greeners, LOL!

This time there will be more SP20's than BA's though :lol:

I would just like to point out that 20+ cars in one cruise will not be bored, even if it is on the F3 all the way......... and if you are, you aren't enjoying the moment.

This is a social event, not a hill climb or a test of driving skills.
Personally, I do not want to love tap a goat after my BA went head to head with a Rabbit, and we still aren't sure who won......... long story :wink: :lol:

Think about it though... your passengers are going to enjoy the photo op's, there will be some light hearted face pulling (read: clowning) and you probably won't be next to the same car for more than a 20 or 30 minute stint.

Everyone can take a turn up the front, coz you can't get lost on a freeway, and that is good for morale too. There will need to be a couple of cars designated to pull the rest of us in line when we get too silly or too fast. None of us wants to lose our licenses, or have the cruise ruined by a mass pull over and some cop defecting us.

It isn't about who can go fastest anyway, it's about fun!
(not all of us have sunroof's to hang out of JJ and Bek, LOL)

And there will need to be maps for the route into Newcastle because there is no way you can keep that many cars together in a built up area. We will get separated :(
Can I suggest a place to meet up for the final cruise into town?
There is a HUGE carpark at Bar Beach, and then a nice narrow road along the shoreline to get to the main part of the city.

I would also like to suggest that wherever we go for lunch, bookings for this many people might be not only polite, but essential.

I would recommend the Brewery, because although it is a popular spot, and there are a lot of cars there, there is also a lot of parking. Not only a small parking lot, but street parking too. Unless someone can come up with something better, I can't really come up with much better at this point. (brain fart!) :roll:

On a Final note (at last, getting rsi here!) we have a Jimbo (JynX) and a James (ahb11m) do we have any other doubles and do we have a better way of telling them apart besides Gay Jimbo and Goat Jimbo????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bRaDiNhO
19-01-2004, 08:47 AM
James, I'd be with you but will be heading back down by about 12:30 - 1. Photo ops on F3 will be limited - you can not create a moving roadblock on a road where cars frequently travel 120-130 in order to take photos. And fun is via backroads, not driving straight through roadworks. And there are no goats in the bush :P

MrShadow
19-01-2004, 09:06 AM
As I said earlier, I'm easy no matter what. We still using the UFH radios? I need one for another reason, so I've got one anyway.

KittyKatSmack
19-01-2004, 10:44 AM
bRaDiNhO: you obviously haven't seen the photo's taken on the freeway on the way to and from Ulladulla then.

I doubt we will be travelling at 130kmh in a 90-100kmh zone, and I doubt the fella's on the Ulladulla cruise did either for their photos.......

If you really think the only fun is to be had on backroads, you haven't considered the possibility of travelling with this many cars.........

Besides, I am fun EVERYWHERE!!!

arden
19-01-2004, 12:28 PM
bradinho : check out my ulladulla shots

http://community.webshots.com/album/105321153MCdMtf

cruising at 110, one hand on wheel, one on camera.....
no worries mate....she'll be right... 8)

bRaDiNhO
19-01-2004, 01:02 PM
We're not travelling at 130.... read the post and u'll see its average speed on the freeway of others.

Ulladulla fortunately is not travelled as frequently as the route to Gosford.... the more cars the harder it is to drive slow and take up space. The main point im getting at is it will be IMPOSSIBLE to do what you are suggesting on 25kms of roadworks with stones flying up and lots of other cars. I think the compromise was fair, but if we still want one way or the other then whatever, i'm there either way as i just want a good day out. I aint gonna stay home if its one way or the other. Sabrelli and James are the only ones to organise a decent Sydney cruise for ages, and yet everyone now seems to be able to do a better job and has a better route. JAmes posted 2 great routes and there hasn't been that much negative feedback, seems like most people are happy to get out there and have fun. Theres 25 people coming and we've barely heard from anyone, so why we still trying to change it?

Finally, as in the compromise suggested... i aint only on backroads. From memory I suggesed we take the freeway the majority of the way apat from the Brooklyn-Gos stretch. It would just be nice to have a change from 300km round trip of straight road.

Anyway, sick of bitchin about this, so set a route and i'll be at Thornleigh ages b4 anyone else to see yous all rock up. Until then.....

Brad
The one and only BG SP

MrShadow
19-01-2004, 01:21 PM
cruising at 110, one hand on wheel, one on camera.....
no worries mate....she'll be right...

Cruising 140 miles per hour, no hands, head down looking at maps, no worries. It's all good. :D :D 8)

preeman80
19-01-2004, 01:31 PM
hmm.. Thornleigh McDonalds.. on Penant Hills Road?
THat one?

bRaDiNhO
19-01-2004, 02:14 PM
thats the one!

dfvadr
19-01-2004, 04:16 PM
you 2 guys that r doing ur best to get this together thank you great work

u people in canberra or wereever that need to bunk down friday nite i have sold the house the contracts have been exchanged last friday but i still have it for 7 weeks so there is no probs for u guys/girls to stay u do need sumthing to sleep on as there is no furniture there is 4 bedrooms available an a huge back room that can accomadate 4/5 couples easy in other words plenty off room for all

ill be there even if i dont have my new battery [another story] ill just take one out of another car for the day goin to be great fun an im counting the days
cheers rod

KittyKatSmack
19-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Anyone in the Gong have a spare airmattress???????

arden
19-01-2004, 04:22 PM
25km of roadworks??????and stones flying up???i for one dont wanna go down that route....

Ive never been past chatswood, so when it comes to these different routes...i got no idea what to expect...so count me out on fixing final route.

so im trusting on THOSE guys who travel on these roads on a regular basis to lead the way here....So James, Bradinho, Mr Shadow i guess its in your hands, u know these roads better than most of us.....

preeman80
19-01-2004, 06:25 PM
I am cool with it all, if you guys are willing to drive your cars on it :wink: .. its good for me! 8)

Critter
19-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Ummm, 25km of loose gravel.....I don't think so........we can cruise without that!!

of course there's road works and there's roadworks........

KittyKatSmack
19-01-2004, 09:09 PM
I think some confirmation is required here!

SHADS!!!!!!!!! Where are ya Shads?

Dazz
19-01-2004, 09:34 PM
is that were everone is meeting thornleigh maccas?

preeman80
19-01-2004, 09:37 PM
yeah.. 9 AM be there or B SQR! :wink:

TwoJays
19-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Brad
The one and only BG SP

I have evidence to suggest that this may not be the case this time. Whilst not the "one", I by definition will make you not the only!

******NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD !!!!****

Maybe I should get a CRX? :roll: (See public discussions...)

Aside from that, thanks for the confirmation Odd Rod, at this stage Bek & I are still looking to book a couple of square metres of floor...

Kitty, I'll check for an air matress, I think my old man has a couple... PM you when I find out...

bRaDiNhO
19-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Look, roadworks aint that bad i was just in a ****e mood and using persuasive tactics.... although there are still roadworks. Havent been there for 3 weeks now tho.

Anyway, as part of the big happy AstinaGT family (although like the forgotten middle son) I'm doing whatever everyone wants to do. 9am at Maccas it is for me, and drive up to newcastle whether it be... well, any road.

And JJ, :
"I have evidence to suggest that this may not be the case this time. Whilst not the "one", I by definition will make you not the only! "
WTF?!?!?!? At least i assume there is 2 BGs coming now!

See u all at the embassy.....

platypus
19-01-2004, 11:27 PM
yes american embassay is the starting point...

ok everyone its official, i'm not pissed any more... just got a lot going on!!!

road works are safe, but to avoid congestion a bit of twisty isn't a bad thing is it? we will do it for about 20km... which we can totally reform on the F3....? road is smooth, drove it home today.... roadworks are also smooth, but two lanes, through 80km zone... ( i know we arn't racing but.....) let make a break through the old for a little while from brooklyn, and then come back out...
next break at the wyee twin caltex
followed by newcastle....
in all honesty i have no idea what anyone wants to do... we can do a sit down lunch if you like (where's the newcastle support crew???:evil: j/k)
i was happy to park look at cars, grab some random grease burger, and chow it down.... i'm easy like a $2 hooker!!! (and no sorry i don't go down like one)

i'll have to head to thornleigh early, as i actually have some business to attend to across the road, so i shall be there at 8:30 (damn RTA and their licence renewals ... grrrrrr) my car will be parked at maccas!!! its the white one with crappy mesh on the front, and a farty exhaust.... (but looks v. stock!!) oh yeah and has mafia tint .... if you don't know my rego, then i'll have to hit you when you rock up

anywayz..... i suppose i'll look into this whole thing, before i make bookings for a place to eat, perhaps i should know numbers?? like who is bringing who?? (i'll be by myself.... gf has the ****s with me coz i forgot we were doing something on the 31st... priorities... astinagt, my protege, work, and sleep)

just give me those numbers by thursday night (friday morning) please? i don't want to chase people!!!

ciao!!

arden
20-01-2004, 12:14 AM
okie jokey mr james.
im down with your plan.

as for numbers
ME only.

arden
20-01-2004, 12:15 AM
as for lunch!
wherever we go, i hope it doesnt take as long as that place at ulladulla!! :evil:

platypus
20-01-2004, 12:24 AM
thats why i was happy with greasy joes they make em extra sloppy, BUT they are always ready... i won't say they are hot.. lukewarm... mmmm luke warm grease....

by the way dude, go to bed!!!

Sabrelli
ahb11m

TwoJays
20-01-2004, 05:19 AM
And JJ, :
WTF?!?!?!? At least i assume there is 2 BGs coming now!

Yeah, that'd be the easy way to say it... :) After a long day sitting around in a room full of governmental servers, your mind isn't the same. I'm living proof...

Anyhow, rambling insanity aside... As long as work play along (i.e. I don't have to) and the KKS/Aaron navigation system I'm going to have installed is working properly, I'll be at Maccas too...

ah11m: I'd like a booking for two more for lunch pls (myself & Bek).

Mr_Bob
20-01-2004, 07:24 AM
anyone mind if i bring the CAA crew along?

bRaDiNhO
20-01-2004, 08:02 AM
I'll be a loner at this stage. Bob the more the merrier.... at least in my books.

ABC
20-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Looks like just one with an option of anudder for accom. at Odd Rod's place if I can lock that in please Eddie.

Won't be making the cruise for lunch unfortunately (have to pack the boat in a shipping container to go to Thailand) but will meet everyone at the embassy to say hi. Hope they have a big carpark! - just leave a loooooong car space for me :D

JJ - What's all this 5am business then????? :?

preeman80
20-01-2004, 08:47 AM
I am going to be a single rider too

KittyKatSmack
20-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Myself and Aaron for cruisin'

possibly an extra for lunch

a friend of mine (yes I do have some ya sh!theads) owns a Jap car import business in NewieDat and I haven't seen him in ages...... he'll talk turbo's n stuff for as long as we want to, but don't be surprised at what he rocks up in..... could be anything! :shock:

This is his place (http://www.japimports.com.au/)

MrShadow
20-01-2004, 09:45 AM
OK, the road works on the F3 aren't going to be bad (as in stone chips). It's a major road, so they keep it in a reasonable state. Could be very bumpy though, so those with lowered cars, I'd take the windy Pacific Highway from Hornsby to Gosford. I know there are lots of cars coming etc, but only those with lowered cars need to go Pacific Highway.

I'm not going to say anything else about the trip from the American Embassy to Gosford, cause I aint driving it! From Gosford North, I'm willing to go any which way. I'd still like to drop out to Tezza, but we coudl always do that on the way back.

I agree with the general idea of going North up the F3 (with a stop at Warnervale Twin Caltex) and back via Pacific Highway. Where we go at Newcastle, I don't know, I only go to the Uni and no further. I'll need maps! I'm happy to eat anything, as long as it's not vegeterian (give me meat!) and as long as I can grab a coffee somewhere! (Gotta have caffeine).

I'll be travelling by myself (*sniff*), so if anybody wants to offload someone at Gosford, lemme know (they have to like Breaks/House/Aussie HipHop). I suppose we will be taking the Necastle Link Road off the F3? Basically, follow that straight into Newie and all's sweet. Or, take a small detour past the Uni and onto Pacific Highway there, and follow that into Newcastle.

Newcastle guys, any suggestions?

bRaDiNhO
20-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Hahaha is your friend Brad by any chance? Got stuffed around on an S13 from him that he was selling out of his house just around the corner from me. :o

KittyKatSmack
20-01-2004, 01:41 PM
hahahaha

yes it is, but it would have been his g/f's house, and she stuff's everyone around...

she's a witchypoo.......

Besides, he sells jap imports... what else do you expect, LOL!
The damned thing prolly fell apart on him and he was either trying to fix it or get another one without losing the deal.... face it, he's a car salesman.... say no more!

dfvadr
20-01-2004, 07:14 PM
put me down for 2 me an my daughter wants to tag along

shads thanks for the offer bud [ give me meat!)
but im not that way inclinded

are the people from wollongong going to meet at the bottom off ousley at 7am leave so i suggest 6.45

platypus
20-01-2004, 07:17 PM
ok i;m figuring the list of attendees isn't really important anymore!!! we do need to work out this lunch stuff though!!!

i;m thinking the brewery would be good... i'm bored, i'm gonna go up to newcastle NOW... i shall looketh at kings park, and toy with the idea of a BBQ, then i'll look at the costs etc involved for food etc... now that would be hella good fun too.... anyone interested? otherwise i'm thinking the brewery, and maybe harrys cafe de wheels (but i think thats night only... KKS talk to your newie mate about spots too.... )

brewery sounds good to me... for several reasons, food is supposed to be well priced, and good stuff... oh yeah and its called the brewery!!

list i hear you shout? ok i make a list... i do lists, scouting and maps...

me (maybe a mate.. i'll get back to me about it!)
sabrelli
JJ + bek
preeman
kitty, aaron + imported guy
mrshadow
odd12c + daughter

bob, let me know if they are eating plus numbers... this could be interesting!!!

well this is looking pretty tidy
ps harrys cafe i don't beleive we need bookings..... i'll be back a bit before 12 tonight, don't wait up for me!!!

KittyKatSmack
20-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Brewery is Awesome!!!!!!

And if we get them to give us tables upstairs the view is pretty schmicko too!

Will confirm imported guy (Brad)

BBQ???? OMG
you need cooking irons, eating irons, sauce, bread, butter, onions, snags, bug spray, paper towels, oil, esky and booze, someone to get there and make sure all the BBQ's aren't taken (they go quickly especially on the weekends!)

Do the Brewery, everyone can order what they want and it isn't a hassle to you, and you don't have to forget anything and there will be no complaints about people not liking what you got n stuff......

TRUST ME!!!!

LOL

I will do the Brewery booking if you like, will do some schmoozing... :wink:

Final numbers by Friday please!
Need ETA for the lunch.
Other than that, leave it to me, and we might end up with something that looks like this....

http://aaron.ausmicro.com/xr6tcanberranov2k3/images/IMG_5734.JPG

well that is what we got last time I booked a lunch, LOL!!
:wink:

sik astina
20-01-2004, 10:17 PM
or this

http://www.unleash.au.com/astina-pics/cruise
canberra cruise

http://www.unleash.au.com/astina-pics/cruise2
wollongong cruise

twilightprotege
20-01-2004, 10:25 PM
gee kitty - you like beer dont you ;) LOL

i dont care what you all decide. i'm just coming along to see everyone and drive some new roads (gimme gimme gimme)

KittyKatSmack
20-01-2004, 10:31 PM
I posted the pic of the fords meaning, when I booked lunch, they let us park on the grassy area...

lots of jokes about the grassy knoll and shooter on the hill, LOL!!!

Don't know if the Brewery will let us put cars up on the grass there, but will be pushing for "car enthusiasts group parking"...

that's all I mean't....

I didn't mean to imply that other cruises didn't have parking with their meals....

sorry........

platypus
21-01-2004, 12:06 AM
ok the brewery opens for lunch at 12, and closes at 3..... i think we will probably get there about 12ish anyway,(after breaks, and traffic etc....)

haha, the grass by the brewery is council land ie it ain't happening....
http://www.qwb.com.au/
umm there is meter parking next to the brewery, otherwise, we can take a stroll.... a bit over 500 metres (sorry smokers, we will die doing that walk...)

parking can't really be guaranteed (but terrigal will be easy)

oh yeah i jsut drove there... this cruise will take roughly 4.5 hours on the raod and will travel over about 325 km all up, (unless your andrew, as this will take about 24 hours over 1900 km...)

bookings are essential for the numbers.... and we must really make deadline at 7:30pm friday the 23rd of January

by the way the roughest bit of road we go on is a bad patch through forresters beach to terrigal, it can be avoided by going on gravel.... section lasts about 2km.... so we can take it slowly through there.... how are we on speed humps?

arden
21-01-2004, 11:29 AM
so are heading up to newie as per suggestion by mr shadow (look above)?
especially the part
" I'd take the windy Pacific Highway from Hornsby to Gosford. I know there are lots of cars coming etc, but only those with lowered cars need to go Pacific Highway"

eunosads
21-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Do you guys and girls mind if a 30X from the Shire tags along to this one?? :)

There's not really much of a following for us anymore so I kinda gotta tag along where I can.. :(

Let me know as I don't wanna tread on anyone's toes by just showing up or anything..

Thanks
Adam

BigBoyLemonade
21-01-2004, 01:04 PM
me looks at the Gong pics and wish he had 4" low astina again :|

Critter
21-01-2004, 01:48 PM
I'd be pretty sure an MX-3 is VERY much part of the family, all good by me!!

Yeah, lunch = simple, BBQ is good but you need all that stuff.....cleaning, all sorts of things, Murphy says it rains at lunch time etc......

With lots of people, simple is good IMO.

MrShadow
21-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Do you guys and girls mind if a 30X from the Shire tags along to this one??

Should be fine.

eunosads
21-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks Critter!! :D

...and it's a 30X here in Aus!! :evil: just messin.. :wink:

I'd have to say.. reading over all the posts etc, lunch at the Brewery sounds like the way to go.. I went on a cruise once where we planned to have a bbq and people forgot stuff here there and everywhere.. we ended up spending most of our time looking for Coles... and shopping.. not cool at all :!:

TwoJays
21-01-2004, 02:31 PM
*********TRUMPET FANFARE**************

I'm in. I've just organised to be on leave from work until Feb 2nd... so bring it on!!!!!!

anyone mind if i bring the CAA crew along?

Oh please do... I may need someone to drive my car while I sample some stereos though :)

KittyKatSmack
21-01-2004, 02:43 PM
*sniggers*

you guys are funny!

I like you all lots

dfvadr
21-01-2004, 06:43 PM
gravel roads are out for me i dont own a rally car lol , speed humps hmm , driveways have to see

lowered cars can be a pain but that pain will be gone come march

any one in newie no any council people mite be able to get permisson for parkin on there grass [hoons stay on the road ]

platypus
21-01-2004, 07:34 PM
yeah i'll stay on the road.... i have a slippy left foot (yes i know my car has no reall ball, and is a FWD...so??? havn't you heard of reverse?)

JJ i'm happy to drive your car for ya as long as there are no goats, and someone to drive mine....

BBQ does sound cool, but looking at the whole thing, i couldn't be arsed
kings park looks a good place for pics etc, but thats where the speed humps are...... who said anything about gravel? no gravel, never was!!!

we are doing the brewery, and thats it..... people who ask, again if they can come i'll hit you with a fry pan when we get to the embassy.... (you'd be surprised how much CRAP is in my boot) your invited, if your friend/aunt/cousin/pimp wants to come, then tell them to come!!! just make sure we know those numbers for eating.... the list hasn't been updated, as no-one else has responded... otherwise the presumption is that your going to maccas etc....

dfvadr
21-01-2004, 08:10 PM
the way the roughest bit of road we go on is a bad patch through forresters beach to terrigal, it can be avoided by going on gravel.... section lasts about 2km.... so we can take it slowly through there.... how are we on speed humps?

.... who said anything about gravel? no gravel, never was!!!

guess i didnt read this part u wrote

platypus
21-01-2004, 08:18 PM
sorry, hmmmm my apologies.... i meant to say that its easier to go the few bumps, slowly rather than the gravel short cut, sorry my bad

Aaron
21-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Do you guys and girls mind if a 30X from the Shire tags along to this one?? :)

There's not really much of a following for us anymore so I kinda gotta tag along where I can.. :(

Let me know as I don't wanna tread on anyone's toes by just showing up or anything..

Thanks
Adam

Please bring it ;) I have a wicked plan that involves borrowing your stationary car for a few minutes if you donj't mind ;)

Just wanna double check some 'space' issues int he cabin for a little project...

A.

dfvadr
21-01-2004, 08:29 PM
its cool buddy not long to go now were r u at ?
says north off sydney

platypus
21-01-2004, 08:49 PM
i live on the central coast man!!! hence the out of the blue run to newcastle, and the knowledge of the area's roads...

Critter
22-01-2004, 06:14 AM
I'll have lunch at the brewery, even tho I don't drink......:)

eunosads
22-01-2004, 08:55 AM
people who ask, again if they can come i'll hit you with a fry pan when we get to the embassy.... (you'd be surprised how much CRAP is in my boot) your invited, if your friend/aunt/cousin/pimp wants to come, then tell them to come!!! just make sure we know those numbers for eating....

I guess that means me?? haha.. OK then.. count 2 more in for lunch please.. :)

Please bring it I have a wicked plan that involves borrowing your stationary car for a few minutes if you donj't mind

Just wanna double check some 'space' issues int he cabin for a little project...

ooh.. gotta come now.. I'm very curious..... no probs..

Adam

KittyKatSmack
22-01-2004, 10:17 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Eunos

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*drools*

very tasty looking machines!!!!!!

*Kitty has no idea what Aaron is planning or what project he is on about, but if he wants to get a Eunos for a project car, I won't complain*

ABC
22-01-2004, 10:35 AM
The more V6's the better! :D

Cosmo Dude
22-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm Eunos 30 with KLDE 2.5 litre Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

eunosads
22-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Kitty are you drooling on my car?? Come on now!! I just washed it...... ;)

Nice to be made feel welcome :D

twilightprotege
22-01-2004, 06:42 PM
so who's going to wash and or polish their car before the cruise?

dfvadr
22-01-2004, 06:49 PM
mine is always washed an polished so ill just blow the dust off before i come

sik astina
22-01-2004, 07:00 PM
mines clean 24/7 :D :mrgreen:

Cosmo Dude
22-01-2004, 07:44 PM
mines clean 24/7 :D :mrgreen:

What about your car???

Did you expect a different responce???

twilightprotege
22-01-2004, 09:01 PM
i polish my car every 6 weeks. lucky this weekend is the due date :D

arden
22-01-2004, 09:11 PM
next friday gonna be wax day for me!

KittyKatSmack
22-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Well we are driving up from Canberra on Friday night, and driving early Saturday morning from Wollongong....

My car will be dirty...

*wrinkles nose*

eunosads: Kitty drool leaves a mirror finish! FURI KURI!!!

Is the Thornleigh Macca's a Macafe?????
*fingers crossed*

Aaron
22-01-2004, 09:29 PM
We may have to leave the Kittys car furry on the day, but it will be waxed BEFORE we leave Canberra... It's seeing a few drops of the wax this year and the paint is starting to come up noice moite ;)

Eunosads... I just want to re-acquaint myself with cockpit room/driving position... Cosmo is on the right track - I'm widening the scope fo the conversion project. I've always liked the little Eggy's :)

A.

platypus
22-01-2004, 09:34 PM
ok i;m figuring the list of attendees isn't really important anymore!!! we do need to work out this lunch stuff though!!!

brewery sounds good to me... for several reasons, food is supposed to be well priced, and good stuff... oh yeah and its called the brewery!!

list i hear you shout? ok i make a list... i do lists, scouting and maps...

me (maybe a mate.. i'll get back to me about it!)
sabrelli
JJ + bek
preeman
kitty, aaron + imported guy (known as brad)
mrshadow
odd12c + daughter
snert
twilightprotege
eunosads + mystery person (spaceman)
critter (even if he don't drink)

this would be 16 peeps

bob, let me know if they are eating plus numbers... this could be interesting!!!

well this is looking pretty tidy
Let me know before TOMORROW 7:30... i need to book!!! if you even think someone hasn't spoke up, let me know their intentions!!

sik astina
22-01-2004, 09:34 PM
sik astina wrote:
mines clean 24/7

Cosmo Dude

What about your car???

Did you expect a different responce???

did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed :roll: :P

eunosads
22-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Kitty drool leaves a mirror finish! FURI KURI!!!

You should bottle that stuff.... :lol:

I just want to re-acquaint myself with cockpit room/driving position... Cosmo is on the right track - I'm widening the scope fo the conversion project. I've always liked the little Eggy's

Aaron.. you're welcome to do as you please.. well... within reason of course.. :P.. and the keys stay in my pocket.. :)

arden
22-01-2004, 11:46 PM
ahb11m + mate
sabrelli
JJ + bek
preeman80
kitty, aaron + imported guy (known as brad)
mrshadow
odd12c + daughter
snert
twilightprotege
eunosads + mystery person (spaceman)
critter (even if he don't drink)
kar10w
SPDRMN + Mystery Girl

this list, its pretty much all the attendees + brad + Eunosads + spaceman
just work from the old list Mr Sparky! :wink:

KittyKatSmack
23-01-2004, 07:49 AM
:P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P

Mr Sparky!

beautiful!

MrShadow
23-01-2004, 09:16 AM
OK, deal is someone is calling me when you guys are about half an hour out of Gosford. Then, I'll head on up to Ourimbah on ramp and from there to the Twin Caltex at Warnervale (Wyee, Wyong, whatever!). Either I meet you on the Freeway, or at the servo. Anyone with a UHF CB can get me on Ch 15, and Kitty and ahb have my mobile if req'd, but if I don't answer the mobile, I'm driving (no hands free).

Aaron
23-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Hoping to con a freind to come that I haven't seen in _ages_ ... He should be at the very least meeting us in Thornleigh, dunno if he'll make the cruise as he has to be back at Sydney Airport at 5:30pm

No he doesn't have an Astina...Hope you'll forgive ;)

A.

DemonTX3
23-01-2004, 03:38 PM
hey people

I was just wondering, umm im actually a member of the fordlaser forums but im moving to sydney on friday 30th from little old invercargill, new zealand and I was really hoping to be able to come on a cruise and meet some people on my first weekend in the country. Soooo does anyone have a spare seat?? Im going to PM laser_the_amazer coz apparently he does but if anyone wants another passenger please let me know.

Cheers

Darrin

MrShadow
23-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I have a spare seat, but only from Warnervale North (about halfway between newcastle and Sydney). Otherwise, welcome aboard and welcome to Australia!

DemonTX3
23-01-2004, 04:24 PM
thanks dude, but i dont even know where im staying yet. Waiting till i find a job before i find a place to live, so backpackers it is lol

Critter
23-01-2004, 04:31 PM
OK DemonTX3.
Welcome to Oz moit! (and here.....)

I have a spare seat, but dayum, you need to be up for LOUD SQ and plenty of trance :)

Will be the full trip but one way or another you gotta get to Thornleigh or somewhere prolly.

pm me if you like.

DemonTX3
23-01-2004, 04:35 PM
dude if you got bass im there!!! i dont care how loud it gets im already half deaf from stereos lol but yeah PM sent!!

Cosmo Dude
23-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Maybe you can pass DemonTX3 between cars, like a 6pack :lol:

dfvadr
23-01-2004, 06:46 PM
im amazed there is 30 cars an tweenty people an sum r doubled

??? how r the other cars getting there lol

dont worry just my sick sence off humour ....

KittyKatSmack
23-01-2004, 07:53 PM
I am also hoping to get my friend to come along from Canberra...

A fellow Astina owner, she has joined the forums, so be sure to welcome Qwazy when she gets around to posting.....

Another BG Astina for the group!

platypus
24-01-2004, 02:14 PM
well i've booked for 20, i'm sure they could accomadate a few extra on the day, from what they were saying they arn't too busy .... see you soon!!!

DemonTX3
24-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Maybe you can pass DemonTX3 between cars, like a 6pack :lol:
hahaha good call. Cheers guys, Critter has very kindly offered me a ride so I will meet you all saturday i guess!! :D

KittyKatSmack
24-01-2004, 06:56 PM
I would have booked for at least one person per car and any extra's that got mentioned......

And ask for upstairs!

We can take over the balcony, and have a nice view!

If they say they aren't going to be busy, then we are going to change that so I hope they are going to have staff to cover it!!!!

I don't want to wait an hour for my lunch!!!!

Will have to start chewing on PEOPLE, lol
or Krispy Kremes, hee hee hee

Aaron
24-01-2004, 08:16 PM
*lines up to be eaten*

platypus
24-01-2004, 09:42 PM
yeah, whatever, i've booked for 24, after realising i forgot the balcony bit.....

i only had 20 rsvp for lunch, anyway, we have not too much more time, so i jsut want to get it done, and stop farting around..... because of where we are, we should be able to get the extras in....

twilightprotege
24-01-2004, 09:50 PM
i'm assuming kurt and i were two of the 20...

anyway james, where are you taking us friday and sat night?????? :twisted:

Zed
24-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Oops, completely forgot to reply lately. I'll take up one of the spots left in the lunch booking. :D

platypus
24-01-2004, 10:10 PM
zed: see i knew i need to book extra!!!

andy, i have NFI where eetc..... there is always the central coast meat market? we could run down bumble hill if ya want!!!!
of course there is terrigal, the entrance, and we could run down and see mr shadow too...

Critter
25-01-2004, 08:35 AM
I will have DemonTX3 with me, that's probably an extra lunch.

JynX
25-01-2004, 12:53 PM
I will have DemonTX3 with me, that's probably an extra lunch.

sweet, thanks critter, I would have taken him myself but for obvious reasons i cant. Next time mate :)

twilightprotege
25-01-2004, 04:01 PM
james - where ever you want to take us will be fine oh master ;)

eunosads
25-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey all.. is there a plan to have a short stop in Sutherland to group up all the "Southerners" and head to Thornleigh in a group of sorts?? I guess there's the few cruisin in from the 'Gong.. is Mal coming? I've not seen him post.. are there any others in and around the Shire?? It'd be handy to meet a smaller group of you all too as I've not met any of you before....... :?

Let me know :)

Aaron
25-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I would think that's the plan.... Doesn't Jynx live somewhere aroudn there and need picking up?

A.

Zed
25-01-2004, 09:48 PM
May have a friend joining us for the day so he'll take up another one of those 24 spots. Will confirm tomorrow.

arden
25-01-2004, 10:07 PM
theres a whole group of shire boys comin, jynx, dazz, bigmal.
Plus, the gong gang are heading up to thornleigh via the shire.
thats my understanding.

KittyKatSmack
25-01-2004, 10:27 PM
I have spoken to Toyboy last night, and he will be meeting up with us too

So he needs one of those lunch spots too please!

And another BA on the list!

YAY!

Who is providing maps of Newcastle so that everyone knows where the Brewery is?

There is a very high chance that everyone will get seperated at traffic lights and stuff.....

Are we going to stop somewhere like Bar Beach carpark as a group or are we just going to the Brewery?

I don't have uhf or anything like that, and I also want to go to Frontline Hobby's at some point but don't mind if everyone wants to be somewhere else and we do that seperately to the group........

Frontline Hobbies 255 Hunter Street Newcastle NSW (http://www.frontlinehobbies.com/index.php3?Poe_Session=0e85506dd0fb5be69cc72eac7b5 57d0a)

Must say, I am looking forward to the fun and games of next weekend people!!

This is going to be FANTASTIC!!!

sik astina
25-01-2004, 11:55 PM
got 2 more spots for lunch for leanne and i? im abit late i know. hard to keep up in the newy cruise bit as kitty knows :)

Rod. where are we meetin up mate? same spot as last time?

-Mick

KittyKatSmack
25-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Hey Mik,

Are you going to pick us lot up from Rods old place in Albion Park?

Which reminds me, can I get that address again Rod???? PM or SMS is fine, I remember how to get there, but better get the address written down for confirmation.... :roll:

JJ is "pretty sure" he can get airmattresses, but does anyone have backups?
We can bring the rest.

So, what's happening Friday night?

Do we get to have a look at Wollongong or what?

sik astina
26-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Hey Kitty,

Me drive all that way to Albion Park? :P Use your street directory! :mrgreen:

Sorry but I won't be able to organise anythin for the Friday night in the gong, as
Leanne will be back from Mollymook and we have a dinner organised with her sis.
We will probably be free after 10pm if you wanna meet up somewhere for drinks.

How many days are you staying in the gong?

-Mick

eunosads
26-01-2004, 09:38 AM
thats my understanding.

yea.. true.. but do you know if they plan a stop or a meet up somewhere for the trip to Thornleigh?

Shire boys and 'Gong gang.. do you know what's happening with that?

Where's a good place to meet...... :?:

JynX
26-01-2004, 09:42 AM
thats my understanding.

yea.. true.. but do you know if they plan a stop or a meet up somewhere for the trip to Thornleigh?

Shire boys and 'Gong gang.. do you know what's happening with that?

Where's a good place to meet...... :?:

We will probably meet at sutherland maccas. Where abouts are you?

eunosads
26-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Sutherland Maccas?? Is there a Sutherland Maccas? Methinks not...... do you mean the Kirrawee one?

I'm in Gymea Bay...

KittyKatSmack
26-01-2004, 12:08 PM
We will figure something out Mik....

We will have to figure out a place to meet up early Sat morning... we need to get all these timings right, because everyone wants to meet up at Thornleigh Macca's so EARLY!!!!!!!

*mumble grumble*

What times is everyone supposed to be where?

I have to meet up with Mik and the gong crew at what time?

Meet the sutherland crew at what time?

Be at Thornleigh Macca's at the gawd awful early time of 9am

Who has maps? Does anyone have a spare uhf?

Has anyone got spare backup airmattress in case JJ's has the suspected leak?

Hey Andy and JJ, what time are we meeting up on Friday nite to go to the Gong?

My brain hurts!!!!

JynX
26-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Sutherland Maccas?? Is there a Sutherland Maccas? Methinks not...... do you mean the Kirrawee one?

I'm in Gymea Bay...

same **** different smell.

platypus
26-01-2004, 08:21 PM
i'm working on 9-9:30 at thornleigh....
if your late, suspected late, or just sleepy on the way ring moi on 0405 435 196

uhf, i am looking into a spare, and we must have digi cam...

twilightprotege
26-01-2004, 08:23 PM
i have 1 spare hand held - but it only has channels 18,20,22. so i hope we use one of those.

and i'll bring my digi along

DemonTX3
26-01-2004, 08:48 PM
hey is toyboy coming??

Critter
26-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Haven't seen the Toyboy for a while, which is a damn shame.

I'll have my digi cam for sure as well.

Kitty, you will work it all out :)

*Kitty gets a sniff of Krispy Kremes* LOL
Damn I hope they are open before 8am.....will be the fancy ones I think, the glazed ones need to be hot.