PDA

View Full Version : newbie from manila

pinoy323f
21-12-2009, 03:12 PM
hi to everyone!

i just registered in this forum to learn more about the lantis. my car is a 1997 lantis that is powered by a bpturbo engine from the gtx. body kit is an authentic mazdaspeed which came with the car when i acquired it in 2004. here in the philippines, the lantis released with 1.6dohc engine, rear drumbrakes and a 14inch alloy rims.

currently i am importing kf-ze and bp engines from japan to resell it here. bp parts are readily available here. however, kf-ze is not that popular because of the parts availability. i hope anyone can help me find parts so that mazda lovers here will not be scared to put the 170 horses under their bonnet.

i'm looking forward in meeting mazda enthusiast like me and exchange knowledge to keep our cars in good shape.

here are some pictures of my ride. hope you like it...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3309475

-dc-
21-12-2009, 03:59 PM
hey, welcome to AGT.

nice looking Astina/Lantis. i checked out the cardomain.com link, i like the trim, do you have any better quality pictures of it because the ones on cardomain were tiny.

NaughtyGT
21-12-2009, 04:08 PM
welcome aboard :)

Rupewrecht
21-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Welcome to AGT :)

pinoy323f
22-12-2009, 04:05 AM
thanks dc, naughtygt and rupewrecht....

dc, i will post bigger pictures soon for better viewing.

where is astinagt club located?

RustyKaos
22-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. Most of our members are located in Australia with some international regulars as well.

pinoy323f
23-12-2009, 01:52 AM
i see. thanks for the info. this is the first time i am joining an international forum but i am quite active in our local mazda club here in the philippines.

here is a question i hope anyone can answer because i'm currently introducing the kf-ze engine here, my uncle imports it from japan. but problem is, maintenance parts such as timing belt, idler/tensioner bearings and water pump are not locally available. is there any website that anyone can recommend that ships internationally. this 2009 we imported 5 engines and i already sold 4. i would be needing parts soon for those people who bought the engines. thanks in advance for the info!:)

RustyKaos
23-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Mybe Greg from GSL Rally Sport will ship overseas. Give him a buzz, he is in the traders section.

pinoy323f
25-12-2009, 05:22 PM
thank you for the info. i'll give'm a buzz.. happy holidays everyone!:)

pinoy323f
28-12-2009, 01:45 AM
hello again! i could not find a thread that talks about body parts so i hope its ok if i ask my question here.

the astina BA was released here in the philippines in 1997 with about 500-1500units only. (this is the range of the info i got). by now, all the rubber/weather strips that is attached to the body are worn out already. no parts available here. my uncle imports "halfcut" from japan but the rubbers on the body are torn already. i know this forum is read internationally, i hope someone could help out. thanks in advance.:)