PDA

View Full Version : New Digital Speed/Red Light Cameras

gtarone
14-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Here's the factsheet. (http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb67494e6a1893f/Pdf_digital_speed_red_light_cameras_factsheet_nov0 9.pdf)

Don't they have enough money? Spose it is for our safety.
I think the BA's look better when they drive slow anyways.

Cheers,
Steve.

70NYD
14-01-2010, 05:01 PM
oh faaark

mikey_something
14-01-2010, 05:23 PM
combined redlight/speed camera... sounds like... stop for the red or get fined, and dont bother speeding through the intersection to beat the red because... you'll get fined :/

whats the point of the yellow light anymore? :P

nullando
14-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Maybe you should rename the thread, its a bit misleading.... I originally thought about new cameras lol :)

they've got them in NSW too.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speedandspeedcameras/safetycameras/index.htm

project.r.racing
14-01-2010, 10:14 PM
don't speed and mrs blige won't get a cent from you...

rodhog
14-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I think we need them. Especially in sydney. You can't leave the lights quickly to get in front of a slow as van anymore - because someone might go through on the red or on what I call death red.

I once had green and 3 cars went in front of me. all through what was definate Red light.

NAH FARK YOU LOT.

I say if this country won't come down hard on people and takes cars - licences and let people drink and drive. yeah we are we compared to rest of world- you get more punishment for speeding over limit and not killing anyone then you do for drink driving. and causing injury. I know of guy who killed a old lay drink driving home from pub. okay got 7 -10years. Yet I read recently a rapest or child pedifile or what ever got 12-20. Not you tell me. should they not least be with in context. Both bad but one person died over total stupidity the other at least I guess finished not future but is still alive. both should be hung but ?
Talking about drinking culture
This country is weak on disipline so why not make everyone pay.

I say PAY UP.

psilentp
15-01-2010, 12:21 AM
point to point? does that mean it tracks your average speed from one place to another and you get fined if you exceed it?

if so, then that is crazy styles

ETA:

It does. yeesh

that's gonna make overtaking awkward

70NYD
15-01-2010, 12:44 AM
pfft point to point, u can just pull over somwhere and wait for a min or so lol.
it takes a pic at one place, takes a pic on the next place (13km apart) if u go 100km/h ur pic will be 7min 48sec apart, any faster and ur overall speed (average) is faster than the limit. u get fined for the average. this is very fair :)

marcs_sp20
15-01-2010, 12:47 AM
I wonder, if you say pull over for 5mins due to engine problems between the two points, and took off again, would you get done for being too slow? :p

mikey_something
15-01-2010, 12:27 PM
agreed with psilentp

that makes overtaking hard... there those people that are doing JUST UNDER the speed limit that you'd like to get infront of ... and to make a nice manouvre you have to go 5 over the speedlimit for a bit... that'll raise ur average speed and suddenly you're fined? dont like that... im sure they'll have to do a range...

using tony's example...

7m 40s to 7m 55s or something?
theres gotta be some leeway right?

edit: why on earth would there be a buffer beneath the time... im an idiot lol

Cosmo Dude
15-01-2010, 12:46 PM
point to point? does that mean it tracks your average speed from one place to another and you get fined if you exceed it?

if so, then that is crazy styles

ETA:

It does. yeesh

that's gonna make overtaking awkward

agreed with psilentp

that makes overtaking hard... there those people that are doing JUST UNDER the speed limit that you'd like to get infront of ... and to make a nice manouvre you have to go 5 over the speedlimit for a bit... that'll raise ur average speed and suddenly you're fined? dont like that... im sure they'll have to do a range...

using tony's example...

7m 40s to 7m 55s or something?
theres gotta be some leeway right?

edit: why on earth would there be a buffer beneath the time... im an idiot lol

Speed limit is the same regardless of if you are driving or overtaking. If it's not safe to over-take at the speed limit then it's not safe.
We've had these in Vic for years, there are eight of these point to point each side of the Hume Hwy between Broadford and Kalkallo and that's on an undulatng hill. Most toll roads also take point to point readings and you can be booked there as well.

psilentp
15-01-2010, 01:30 PM
it just feels like an invasion of privacy,

always watching! *shifty eyes*

Cosmo Dude
15-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe this (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1000042/top-traffic-cop-kept-speeding-fine-secret)will make you feel better.

psilentp
15-01-2010, 04:16 PM
hehe, it did :)

thinking on it, the upside of the PtP system is the removal of the false triggering factor due to being overtaken by a faster moving car. does that make sense?