PDA

View Full Version : yeeeeah babyy (Austin Powers)

NaughtyGT
18-01-2010, 07:21 PM
in the process of convincing my wife to rid our love nest of the errrkkkky, soooooo underpowered, short-ass engine-bayed psyco, crap gear-changing, moronic, rediculously overweight, fat-assed Mexican excuse for an American icon black hurst (see my sig') sitting in the carport (not allowed in the garage rofl :D).........for a.......210rwkw 3.0L six Gaulish Mafia Machine :D.......almost :eek:

pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, pls, oh pretty pleeeeeease :o

I don't think the flowers & wine will totally help this time :( Need an angle guys!!!!! :confused:

marcs_sp20
18-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Black Man's Widow? :rolleyes:

NaughtyGT
18-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Seriously, you gotta almost stop & change down to 1st to get around any kind of corner without the engine bogging down. 3 cheers for the little Neon 2.0L in fact! How it lugs 1370kgs aroung all day is truely amazing. It's the crap gearing & silly gear change & clutch set up. The car would be great, no truely, not too bad if it had the room & availability for a V6 transplant. Like a Camry or Magna 3.5L. Cool! It would then @ least have the power to cruze as it's name implies? :rolleyes: I don't think even the GT turbo model would cut it?

chicaboo
18-01-2010, 07:38 PM
If they went V6, they would've used the 3.2L V6 Merc engine they put in the Crossfire/Prowler. Which would've been great.

Oh well, I can't bleev you're buying a Bavarian Sausage, when you could've got the ultimate fooly sik JDM mafia car, the Aristo. 2JZ-GTTE powered land-barge FTW! :D

NaughtyGT
18-01-2010, 07:50 PM
If they went V6, they would've used the 3.2L V6 Merc engine they put in the Crossfire/Prowler. Which would've been great.

Oh well, I can't bleev you're buying a Bavarian Sausage, when you could've got the ultimate fooly sik JDM mafia car, the Aristo. 2JZ-GETT powered land-barge FTW! :D

method in my madness my bestest friend :D We need @ very least a large car if we don't get a wagon for our work :cool: oh........& to go on effortless trips, getting up hills with bity of luggage & truely cruzing now & then. The Chrysler.......hmmmmm.......even fart & you'll tip it over the cruzabilty :D PT Cruiser? Fred & Barny style all the way lol

Prolly lose money but, don't care. I gotta lose it!

rodhog
18-01-2010, 09:41 PM
My empathy goes out to you for the PT cruiser.

But you in pickle known as marriage. I not date women due to there car. Even given a 2nd call regardless of how good looking I am. In fact I've dated women just for there cars.

But you have problem known as compromise. Only thing I can suggest is if you do replace it.
1st - make it always seem like it's her idea - no matter how far you have to go and lie and cheat. Make her think it's the car she wants likes etc.
2nd of all, Make it her car so that you can play with yours. bascily - if she wants say a oversized 4Wd - fine just lead her down the Rav 4 with 3.5L V6 not 4 cylinder or the landcrusier prado etc.

Women can be impossible. I could not even get my own mother to buy a car I wanted to try - Yaris- swift - festiva - VW - audi A3 - I even tried to get he to like a MINI.
but she sat in 1 red mazda 2 - said to buy this. tried the NEW mazda 2 just released No didn't like the rear view. never test drove it that car - Just buy this.
So I did. Only regreat ? it's maxx sport and not geniki. But I don't get - any issues - other then - if my other car was an auto I could drive it.
See still problem but unlikes last car we bought - the astina. OH your father don't like ? Old man hit his head she liked it. Didn't even care when it got eibachs- sway bar and 17's. never a complaint. just your father hit his head again on the car.

And my favourite for proving you can't win with women.
GOOD mate sell's his XW GT look-alike but it did have a 400 cubic inch engine with enough HP to fry 3rd gear on the fly.
all to pay for the wedding of exuberance, with out taking out a too big a loan.
after all that, when buying a car. She says when car shopping - I was present. If you wanted a V8 you should of kept your Ford? forced into a poor mans BMW 3's

Funny how women think.

NaughtyGT
18-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I hear you Rod :cool:

Ghoru
18-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Funny how women think.

bit of a contradiction in terms methinks

NaughtyGT
19-01-2010, 07:26 AM

Oh well, I can't bleev you're buying a Bavarian Sausage, when you could've got the ultimate fooly sik JDM mafia car, the Aristo. 2JZ-GTTE powered land-barge FTW! :D

Gav, I know these Toyo engines are awesome. Used to dream of having a 90's Supra twin years back but, as they age, I don't like thought of 2 hairdryers to look after. Ones bad enough imo :p If their imports, that would even be a bigger no for me. Doctor'd speedos; JDM ECU's requiring diligence when purchasing fuel etc etc. How do you guarantee the owner has done all the right things to look after these HP engines? Also, I looked on CS.com & all have rediculously, suss, low mielage for their respective age?!!? hmmmmm.........bit like the infamous Nissan 300ZX low mileage twins?? No, imports suck imo. Jap services are reknown for not happening

Look @ BMW's M60 32V 4.0L V8 for example. They used an alloy compound lining the cylinders that if isn't run on high-grade fuels, will result in damage to engines. Beema even offered prolonged warranties to wash over the implications of running low-octane fuel in US. I can get an awesome Beema right now, spoke with owner last night, cheap, full Beema old-school build quality, as in the Mercs of the mid 80's to mid 90's, built to do 500 - 1,000k! (no young players, NOT a typo) These Hun wagons, up until just prior to the Korean crap that they dish out now to ignorant or prideful, die-hard rich folk, were PURPOSE built machines to last forever & a day. If you find one in great nick for right price & maintain the thing, nothing beats them imo. Porsche actually worked on & built the E34 chassis Beemas.

Also, Merc' auto boxes are used in the later model Porsche 928's. Incidently, 928 bodies were galvenised & had more aluminium panels than I can remember. All silicone alloy engines etc etc etc to keep weight down. These were heavy, solid cars comanding high HP output! 155-175 mph cars in some models. 5 speed auto boxes in the 90's!

Beemas used 5,6,8 speed auto boxes in later Chassis. The list is nuts.

I'm not pro Euro, don't get me wrong. I own 2 Mazdas @ present remember. Just stating my immense respect for these German vehicles. But, they do require diligent maintenance on owners behalf. This goes for our Mazda's too ;)

There are so many great examples out there of HP cars @ present, rebuilt ones, $$$$ spent on them. FTW go for it I say :cool: Makes you think twice about working too much & spending too much $$$$ & time on older, reasonably stock cars. Something I think Rod would agree with me on? Although, working on a Mazda is never a bad thing either imho. Look @ Gav & myself.....mad the both of us :p

chicaboo
19-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Stock up on Amorall. :p

NaughtyGT
19-01-2010, 08:04 AM
hehehe I reckon mileage & service history are paramount when deciding on cars. If you go looking for turboed models, can you trust maintenance on them by previous owner? Paperwork? Are they young & fulla ___? Does the car seem too cheap & they're not willing to do RWC? Is it in SA where you don't have to get one? Has it been sitting for prolonged time? That's something of a pattern I've noticed lately! Unregistered & not driven for past years...oh....does have a slight oil seal leak!!!.......hmmmmm......piss off!