PDA

View Full Version : EOI: switchblade keyfob for BJ 323/KN-KQ laser

marcs_sp20
02-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey guys,

seeing if there is enough interest in doing a group-buy for swicth-blade keyfob, that still retains the security buttons ;)

This is where they are offered:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/266725254-High-Quality-Auto-Key-shell-for-Mazda-6-Remote-key-Casing-wholesalers.html

Basically looking to order 10 of these, and working off the current exchange rate, would be around $30, plus postage postage (around $2-$3)

Further to the above, if you dont want to destroy your OEM keys, a blank key with chip inside can be had for an extra $45 - Thanks Phil for letting me know of this option! :D

Here are some photo's of the switchblade key for illustration purposes:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/Gvr4-330/ForSale/DSC_1002.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/Gvr4-330/ForSale/DSC_1004.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/Gvr4-330/ForSale/DSC_1007.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/Gvr4-330/ForSale/DSC_1008.jpg
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4729/25122009014.jpg

Going by the photo's, you take the chip/buttons out of your existing keyfob, and have the blank key cut at either the dealership or locksmith. unfortunately I wouldnt have the slightest clue for $$ here, but in the US its basically free! :eek:

if you are interested please reply in the thread.

Interested people
Marcs_sp20 - 2
Mat Mat - 1
Orion - 1
tc3_racer - 1
D Valerius - 1
ScratchNSniff - 1
Total - 7

Cheers
Marc

Mad Mat
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
mat likes

Orion
02-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I have been following the thread on Mazdas247.com about these.

Im convinced! Sign me up! :D

marcs_sp20
02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I have been following the thread on Mazdas247.com about these.

Im convinced! Sign me up! :D

hehe I saw your post when I stumbled upon the GB thread on mazdas247.com :p

I would assume when you change over, you will need to re-sync the keyfob to the car, not that hard, just time consuming ;)

Orion
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM
hehe I saw your post when I stumbled upon the GB thread on mazdas247.com :p

I would assume when you change over, you will need to re-sync the keyfob to the car, not that hard, just time consuming ;)

Yeah, I have been thinking about this but considered it too hard to bother with at the moment. Thanks Marc for trying to organise this :)

Well, if you can keep the battery connected to the original fob then everything will be smooth and easy. The only thing that you will need to do is get the switchblade key cut, which you can do before you attempt the change-over.

This should be a really easy, simple mod. :cool:

marcs_sp20
03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Should be, I think the US guys paid something like $30usd for there units, I think that was 10 too, so we are getting them cheaper!

So far the people interested are

Marc - 2
Mat - ?
Darryl - ?

I want to get get at least 10 switchblades so its viable to do the group buy (as shipping is the monster in all the costs...)

Cheers
Marc

Orion
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Put me down for just the one at this stage.

I might go to two later if needed to get this over the line. Having a spare is always good ;)

marcs_sp20
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I was looking at getting 2 for the laser, but have just realised it has an aftermarked central locking keyfob, so cant get them for it unless it has 2 holes for the buttons :(

Marc - 2
Mat - ?
Darryl - 1

bourbon
03-02-2010, 01:09 PM
bummer there isnt any for the mini...if there was if get one...i prefer these keys sooo much more

ScratchNSniff
03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I would take one if you are willing to ship it to me...it would have to be pretty cheap as it could fit in an envelope...also, the guys on 247 got it at that price with only 4 guys ordering them...you may be able to get it cheaper...I would of gotten one from them, but saw the thread to late and I am not paying $50 plus for one...

woofy
03-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I had both the normal SP20 keys and the blade type for my 6. I now have a Skoda with this flick type as well. To be brutally honest, the separate/original 323 type was smaller lighter, and didn't stick into me in my pockets. Also if you lose the flick key it gets pricey for the 6 and the Skoda as the unit has not only the central locking but also the immobiliser.....actually the what do you do about the immobiliser bit in the main key...that's what is under the plastic....it doesn't show anything there about it so I wonder if the US models came with immobilisers from what I remember that was an Oz/J -spec thing.

02-KQ-LASR
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
interested.

Mad Mat
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
mat 1.

phildough
03-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Its kind of funny I just bought one on ebay for $32.99 delivered
Then check here and find this!!

We need to do more as we have an immobilizer circuit and its embedded inside the plastic inside the key. Not inside the remote. You have to cut the key apart and recover the immobilizer
If you don't believe me go get a $5 metal blank key and try and take your car for a drive.

I bet you won't get far. Maybe the end of the drive. Even if you unlock it with the remote.
I have a friend who is a locksmith and he confirmed this too.
I also remember being told this when I bought my car new:)

I am thinking of buying a spare blank key with immobilizer chip and destroying that and programming that in instead of destroying the original key

I have the instructions on how to add and remove new keys to our cars immobilizer system if any one needs them so we dont have to go to Mazda and be robbed for the privilege.

So I shall let all know how it turns out.

Clean_Cookie
03-02-2010, 08:16 PM
me one too for mucking around with...

D Valerius
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Ill take one let me know when you need to be paid and how much,

Also lucky i got both sets of keys with mine when i bought it, one with a dead fob so no qualms diggin out one transponder

marcs_sp20
03-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Its kind of funny I just bought one on ebay for $32.99 delivered
Then check here and find this!!

We need to do more as we have an immobilizer circuit and its embedded inside the plastic inside the key. Not inside the remote. You have to cut the key apart and recover the immobilizer
If you don't believe me go get a $5 metal blank key and try and take your car for a drive.

I bet you won't get far. Maybe the end of the drive. Even if you unlock it with the remote.
I have a friend who is a locksmith and he confirmed this too.
I also remember being told this when I bought my car new:)

I am thinking of buying a spare blank key with immobilizer chip and destroying that and programming that in instead of destroying the original key

I have the instructions on how to add and remove new keys to our cars immobilizer system if any one needs them so we dont have to go to Mazda and be robbed for the privilege.

So I shall let all know how it turns out.

Hey phil,

you wouldnt happen to know if the immobiliser chip will work not being in contact with the key? I checked out the ebay auction of what I think you have purchased (linky here) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Folding-Remote-KEY-for-Mazda-3-6-323-2-BUTTONS_W0QQitemZ290365193585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439b1d3d71), and it has an image that shows them placing the transponder chip within the switchblade:
http://www.accessory4you.com/other/car/key/sm4a.gif

this has made me more confused :confused: what do you reckon?

Cheers
Marc

phildough
04-02-2010, 07:38 AM
I dont think the that it is necessary for the chip that is hidden inside the rubber part of the original keys to be in contact with the metal part of the key as the RFID chip has its own internal antenna.
This is also why im thinking of buying a spare key a destroying it for the chip.

marcs_sp20
04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I wonder if we can buy any mazda key for the chip, or just a key for the 323 :confused:

70NYD
04-02-2010, 08:33 AM
oh so the mazda key has a rfid chip inside... awesome, didnt know that :D
GO MAZDA :D

phildough
04-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I have found a place that sells the blank keys with chips in them for $25.
So we will have to buy the switchblade key and buy a blank key with chip then transplant the chip and the contents of the fob remote into the new housing.
Marc i can PM you my number and you can call me if you have any questions.

Orion
04-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Sound promising guys. Thanks to Marc and Phil for all the leg work on this one :)

Marc, perhaps you add the cost of the blank keys into the first post.

It doesn't look like it will be too hard of a job after all :D

marcs_sp20
04-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I have updated the first post to reflect the additional $25 for blank key incorporating the immobiliser chip.

Phil I'll talk to you about this in more detail at the Dyno day :) Think you'll have your one done by then? no pressure :p

The list so far is:

Marcs_sp20 - 2
Mat Mat - 1
Orion - 1
tc3_racer - 1
D Valerius - 1
ScratchNSniff - 1
Total - 7

ScratchNSniff, whats your postal address, and I'll work out how much postage would be to the US :)

Cheers
Marc

D Valerius
04-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I shouldnt need the blank key if i have 2 sets for my car already right?, im ok with butchering the unused one.

Never mind i re read 1st post.

marcs_sp20
04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Hey Jason,

totally up to you mate, I have both sets for my car (which 1 pair is the with the missus :rolleyes:), so will only butcher my keyfob and purchase another blank key so my original key is still intact :)

D Valerius
04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Yea i get that now, thanks

02-KQ-LASR
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
ill get one. theyre cheap enough.
but can you get them in any other layouts?
i dont have a stock alarm anymore. i use an aftermarket one...

marcs_sp20
04-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I would rather stay with the one design, makes things simpler to purchase :) And considering the others you can get, this one seems to be the sturdiest design...
So do you not use the OEM keyfob at all?

02-KQ-LASR
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
na i dont....
let me think about it for a few days..
i might jst get it an see if i can make it work

ScratchNSniff
05-02-2010, 10:32 AM
2 Summer Valley Ct.
Greer, South Carolina

marcs_sp20
05-02-2010, 12:35 PM
2 Summer Valley Ct.
Greer, South Carolina

Post to anywhere in the US (via airmail) is $9.30aud, which brings the total (with the switchblade) to around $35usd :)

marcs_sp20
05-02-2010, 12:48 PM
If we can get the 10 confirmed by the end of the month, I will start asking for monies to get the ball rolling :D Phil is currently in talks in regards to the chips/keys so I will keep you posted when I know anything, thanks again for doing aye :D

Cheers
Marc

phildough
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi
What I need to know is everyones key the same all the way thru the BJ's life?
Is a BJI key the same as a BJII and BJII-J48?

The reason I ask is that my key is different than what is shown in the guide as per first post. Im led to believe it has a tiny chip hidden in the rubber.

I have heard the first model BJ's had a different key.
Im not sure if all cars have the same immobiliser chip or not.
Can you let me know if your keys/remote are the same or different thanks.

This is my key is everyone elses the same?
I have a BJ II J-48

Will make it a bit easier for us sourcing the parts.
Thanks
Philthy
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu15/phildough_photos/keys.jpg

marcs_sp20
05-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Mines the same :D

Oh and are the short series movies any good? :p

phildough
05-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Some of them aren't too bad.
This ones my favourite.
BMW Films Presents : The Hire - Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK87YLmagt4)
Its a good way to kill a few min on youtube
They were an internet only free movie download a few years ago.
There was a very limited free DVD release and I managed to get 2 copies of it:D

Orion
06-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Mine is the same as yours Phil.

At least all the BJ-II's are the same.

Any BJ-I's out there that can confirm or deny their key is the same?

marcs_sp20
06-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Im intrigued to see what Luke's Laser one will look like, if he still has it of course...

Rupewrecht
06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Slightly offtopic, but for interests sake, here's a variation of the factory fob that does have the 3rd button, but not the big red panic button:

http://img189.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/0/5/4/9/w_galva-img600x450-1265191510sl71mv99271.jpg (http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k120439774)

woofy
06-02-2010, 02:33 PM
For a bit of clarity, the BJ II SP20s all had immobiliser chips, but pretty much none of the other 323s did. When the BJ II J48s came out, they dropped the crappy 1.6L engine and just had the 1.8 and the SP20 2L, both had built in immobilisers in the key.....AFAIK, none of the sedans had the boot button shown above....you had to either use the key or the manual lever in the boot. Not sure about the ones fitted with the alarm though.

phildough
06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
The first 323 BJ's 98-99 had a different type of immobilizer to the later ones.
The changed them to comply with new laws introduced in 2000.
The later model BJ's have a very complex security system that makes key duplication impossible.
The only way it is possible to add new keys into the car is if you have both sets of keys and a new unused key with chip.
With out 2 sets you will have to go to mazda and have it done by them.
So for those of us with both keys still fully working we can do this.
And the BA uses a very similar key except for an extra groove.
So if a BJ key fits into a BA lock with no issues then should work for BA owners.

marcs_sp20
06-02-2010, 09:00 PM
So to clear confusion (and cause Im a little drunk) :p

1. We need both keys (that are working) + a spare key (so the switchblade & also an rfid chip for the immobiliser), so we could basically just be adding the extra key to the system?
2. Do we know what kind of RFID chip we need?

I will confirm with a BA owner (probably Tony or Steve) when I see them in a couple weeks for dyno day...

phildough
07-02-2010, 09:26 AM
So to clear confusion (and cause Im a little drunk) :p

1. We need both keys (that are working) + a spare key (so the switchblade & also an rfid chip for the immobiliser), so we could basically just be adding the extra key to the system?

For this to work we are going to need both original keys, the switchblade[$33] and a new spare key.[$45]
I think it would be best to cut and program this spare key then cut it open for the rfid chip so that we end up with a key that will only open our car[great to leave in your wallet]

2. Do we know what kind of RFID chip we need?

Our cars use a type of chip called a temic 8c. this chip is unable to be copied and cannot be purchased seperatley. our only choices are to buy a blank key @ $45

Their maybe a small chance of us using a genuine BT50 switch blade key as it uses the same key blank and has the same immobilizer chip embedded within, but it is unknown if its remote will work in our car or will accept the contents of our remotes.
Any way that way looks a lot more expensive as they are only available ex Mazda.

marcs_sp20
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Man this just keeps getting expensive as we go on!

So all in all, we basically have the option of splitting one of our own keys & taking out the chip, or;

Paying $45, getting another key coded & cut, hacking out the chip & then getting the switchblade key cut (leaving us with 4 cut keys :p)

Im considering just getting an ebay one & doing the one at the moment, and doing another with the GB, just to see how it all pans out :).

Oh, I "may" have a contact now in the parts department of Boettcher Mazda that could possibly help us out with keys :).

Cheers
Marc

phildough
08-02-2010, 12:37 AM
If I were you marc id wait the few weeks it will take for my key to arrive and see how I go with my keys before you try yourself.
Im more than willing to take pics and help everyone else out.

phildough
08-02-2010, 07:17 PM
it would. just checked the 3s key in my car.

This means that the Switchblade keyfob will also fit the BA series for those that may be interested.

And as far as I know the BA has no immobilizer so there would be no stuffing round with spare keys for their chips for you guys.
Its a great idea if you have a remote that fits inside the key or feel inventive and want to install a super bright led torch or something else inside ??

marcs_sp20
08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Updated the first post with pricing & interested parties

Clean_Cookie
08-02-2010, 08:44 PM
ssshhh :P my not so secret mission was to merge an alarm system remote into one of these for a few mths now.. will buy the system once I have the key :P

DavoAust
10-02-2010, 08:56 PM
i've just bought an aftermarket alarm/immobilser with 2 of these. nfi when i'll actually get around to installing it though. more bits to fill the garage :(

marcs_sp20
16-02-2010, 07:20 AM
So I have found a how-to for these, and it seems they somehow switch key witdths! This is for the Ebay key you have Phil, the US boys still think the ones I have mentioned in the first post are correct...

http://www.club323f.com/club323f/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37111

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u177/marcrs323/Mazda323Key_chompy2.jpg

Mad Mat
16-02-2010, 07:31 AM
marc just get one and i will do a test run with my spare key.

marcs_sp20
16-02-2010, 07:46 AM
No, will be buying the whole lot in bulk...

Mad Mat
16-02-2010, 08:04 AM
ok bro :D

Clean_Cookie
18-02-2010, 05:03 PM
umm so will the key supplied fit my BA -i.e. if i wanted this to work id need to buy a bj spare key to get the correct width and fitment into the fob...? im just a little confused now!

marcs_sp20
18-02-2010, 05:32 PM
throw up a photo of your keyfob and what the circuit board looks like, then we'll be certain ;)

phildough
18-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Im still waiting for mine to arrive in the post so I shall be letting you know how it all works out.
I'm getting my key from the same place recommended on club 323f funnily enough.

I was going to make a how to on but it looks like I dont have to now!!

so fresh
18-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Im still waiting for mine to arrive in the post so I shall be letting you know how it all works out.
I'm getting my key from the same place recommended on club 323f funnily enough.

I was going to make a how to on but it looks like I dont have to now!!

still do one but a AGT verson

phildough
26-02-2010, 01:43 AM
My switchblade key arrived in the mail on tuesday.
On wednesday I got the key cut, and there is a difference between the keys as in the pic earlier.
It fits and works. Just sometimes it doesn't turn so you wiggle it.
I have emailed the ebay seller and am awaiting their reply.
If not I will just file down the head off the other spare key the locksmith gave me. Our buy another key.

I also know how to reprogram the immobilizer in our cars if we have both sets we can add new keys and remotes.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu15/phildough_photos/100_5375.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu15/phildough_photos/100_5380.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu15/phildough_photos/100_5388.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu15/phildough_photos/100_5390.jpg

so fresh
26-02-2010, 02:13 AM
thats mad as:D
want 1 now!:mad:

phildough
26-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Overall a day later im impressed and so is everyone who has seen my key.

The total cost for me to make my key was $33 for the switchblade and $55 for a blank key containing a chip and getting it cut.

Mazda said its not possible when I called and asked if I could buy the parts.
Oh and BTW Mazda wanted $75 for a blank key and $100 to cut and program it.
Programming the new key in only took me 2 minutes.

If anyone wants I can take mine apart and do a how to guide.

I did take pics but they turned out really bad due to poor lighting.

Rix
26-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I want one but i don't actually have remote central locking:(

D Valerius
27-02-2010, 08:18 AM
You can still get one, just find an old dead fob and scavenge the board and buttons to fill in the space regardless of it working.

marcs_sp20
27-02-2010, 08:35 AM
So after a chat to Phil yesterday, I want to get this underway and all paid for within the next week, so that we can get Phil to hopefully key our cars at the dyno day! :D

This is the linky for the switchblade keys, we may be able to get them cheaper if we do a groupbuy..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Folding-Remote-KEY-for-Mazda-3-6-323-2-BUTTONS_W0QQitemZ290365193585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439b1d3d71#ht_5773 wt_796

Cheers
Marc

Clean_Cookie
27-02-2010, 11:30 AM
ok stupid translation... it says "There're buttons provided for this model, thus please don't worry about the button shape are not identical" (i.e. you just put the circuit board underneat the supplied buttons) and further down it says
"eazy to install,but there is no buttons for you,please pay attention." umm which one is it. 2 differnt pictures and yeah im looking for the buttons to be included if im interested. also do you know where i can get one the same as the new mazda 3's flip (where the key and remote can be removed from each other?

phildough
27-02-2010, 11:57 AM
The key does not come with supplied buttons as they come from one of your existing remotes.

If you are after the new style key try a BT50 key from Mazda, not cheap but should fit.

If anyones still confused I can make a full how to guide in more detail.

Mad Mat
27-02-2010, 12:12 PM
i think it might be a go hey mate :)

Clean_Cookie
27-02-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah im out, ill get the one sold by him which is complete, now time to do research into how the keys actually work and if i can buy an alarm system and prgram the key to it... doubt it but worth a look :)

maybe he could offer a discount with all the other ones you are buying from him?

marcs_sp20
28-02-2010, 10:44 PM
BUMP

What does everyone want to do, buy singly or as a whole? need to know within a couple days, I want to have them paid for by Friday so we get them before dyno day...

Cheers
Marc

Mad Mat
28-02-2010, 10:45 PM
marc i'm in etherway :D

marcs_sp20
28-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I already knew that :p

Interested people
Marcs_sp20 - 1
Mat Mat - 1
Orion - 1
D Valerius - 1
ScratchNSniff - 1
Total - 5

at that number, we probably wouldnt get much of a discount really, so yeah, up to you guys..

D Valerius
28-02-2010, 10:58 PM
still in, let me know what i owe you and youll have it before you pay them.

Orion
28-02-2010, 11:04 PM
BUMP

What does everyone want to do, buy singly or as a whole? need to know within a couple days, I want to have them paid for by Friday so we get them before dyno day...

Cheers
Marc

I'll stay in either way.

I prolly would prefer to get mine when the bank account is a bit healthier. But if we get a bit of a discount and save some on shipping then I will stay in while the dollar is going well too.

Cheers.

marcs_sp20
28-02-2010, 11:20 PM
$30 wont break the bank :p

I have emailed the seller, so will see if we can get a discount on 5 items...

marcs_sp20
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
and some not soo good news.. read below:

For 5 pcs, the lowest price is $70USD,the price is USD not the AUD.Can you accept it, if you can accept it, please place the order on our website(http://shop.accessory4you.com ), and I will change the price for you as soon as possible.
The price is for the following item:
NEW Folding Remote KEY for Mazda 3 6 323 2 BUTTONS

and for this item,we just have 3mm, we don't have 4mm.
Thanks for your interest.

Basically we need a 4mm key as shown on the 3rd page, as with a 3mm key, you need to jiggle it in the key barrel...

70NYD
02-03-2010, 10:00 PM
isnt that same as this then... (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Folding-Remote-KEY-for-Mazda-3-6-323-2-BUTTONS_W0QQitemZ290365193585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439b1d3d71)

marcs_sp20
02-03-2010, 10:51 PM
same seller, but have emailed another seller that I found, so will hopefully find out about that tomorrow ;)

phildough
05-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Ok after a week of using my key everyday the key has become much easier to turn and im enjoying my mod.:)

The only other thing I have to add is either stick a piece of bluetack or double sided tape between the battery and the back casing when you are putting it together as I have had to pull mine apart because the battery came loose.
Also put a new battery in the remote so it lasts longer before you have to pull it apart.

marcs_sp20
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
so do you still have to jiggle the key at all to work?

phildough
05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't say jiggle anymore.
It sometimes doesn't turn at first so I let go of the key and its fine.
It seems to be getting better with use.
It is tight in the door locks but I have never used them.

marcs_sp20
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
So I never received a reply from the other seller, so have decided to go with Phil's seller... I emailed again and they have said that the $70usd includes FREE shipping, which brings the keys down to around $16ea based on 5 keys! :D

So I have gone ahead and ordered 5 of them, so hopefully they will be here before dyno day ;)

marcs_sp20
16-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I have just checked the tracking number I received on Saturday afternoon, and found out that they have arrived and cleared customs in Sydney this morning at 8.17am! :D

So we will definitely have these before dyno day, woot! :D

phildough
16-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok do I need to arrange for the locksmith to come on dyno day with blank keys for those who need them or is everyone going to sort it out themselves by cutting up an existing key.?
I do suggest going for the third key(rather than cutting up a key) because if you loose your new key or you only have one key(very bad) you will have to go to Mazda to have an extra key added to your car and thats like $150+
My way of adding keys requires 2 working keys to be present.

Also I suggest that everyone buys a new battery for their cool new key as well.

To save you looking its a CR-2025

miah87
16-03-2010, 09:49 PM
ermm found it here...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Folding-Remote-KEY-for-Mazda-3-6-323-2-BUTTONS_W0QQitemZ290365193585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439b1d3d71#ht_5773 wt_939

is this the same?

phildough
16-03-2010, 09:54 PM
The keys do fit a BA astina and you need a BJ remote for the buttons in the new key.
But they wont work on your car.

marcs_sp20
16-03-2010, 10:02 PM
im still keen if the locksmith can come out? I mean I will be getting 2 keys, so would that ne $45ea key + cutting, or is cutting included?

phildough
16-03-2010, 10:15 PM
im still keen if the locksmith can come out? I mean I will be getting 2 keys, so would that ne $45ea key + cutting, or is cutting included?

Cost me $55 for the chip and getting the flick key cut,
He should do us discount for multiple cars!!.

marcs_sp20
17-03-2010, 12:10 PM
well they have arrived! :D So will be bringing them along tomorrow ;)

-dc-
17-03-2010, 12:46 PM
whats your first impressions of them marc? what is the quality like?

phildough
17-03-2010, 01:17 PM
whats your first impressions of them marc? what is the quality like?

Well I have had mine for 2 weeks and what Marc ordered is exactly the same as what I have.
Im going to be honest and say I can tell they are chinese knock offs.
The quality of the plastic could be a little better. And I have found that one of the screws that holds it together has already broken on me.

marcs_sp20
17-03-2010, 01:18 PM
my first impressions were to get the keys cut and use it immediately! :p As phil has said earlier, they feel a little flimsy as they are empty, but should be all good once all the contents are in them ;)

phildough
17-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Just remember you can't use them with out the immobilizer chip.

marcs_sp20
17-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Just remember you can't use them with out the immobilizer chip.

Of course ;)

Im just unsure if I want to get one cut now, but then think I should wait, which I prolly will till saturday ;)

phildough
17-03-2010, 06:29 PM
If you have more than 2 keys for your car go ahead and destroy a key.
But do not cut up one of your original 2 keys as it is only possible to add new keys to our cars if we already have 2 working keys.
So actually buying this key is a good idea as that means if you loose this new key you still have 2 left to reprogram in new replacement keys.
If you dont have 2 keys its $150 at Mazda for a new key.

marcs_sp20
17-03-2010, 08:32 PM
which is why I am leaving it till saturday :rolleyes: :D

marcs_sp20
17-03-2010, 09:01 PM
actually whats to say I rip one of my keys apart and then get a new key cut and programmed?

Technically speaking, there are still 2 keys (even if the chip has been removed, but is "nearby" ;)) and both be working, see where I am coming from?

Im still up for getting a new key, just sayin :D

D Valerius
17-03-2010, 09:33 PM
thats my plan, i have my spare set to covert, and should i feel the need for another, i still have 2, i just dont lose keys... im way too paranoid with stuff like that.

that and im the only user of the car so these have been on a hook in the garage since i brought her home. *shrug*

phildough
18-03-2010, 05:01 AM
Im just saying its a damn good idea to have a third key because if you do one of your two its a very expensive mistake.
For example you drop your new key in the dark and as it is cheap Chinese plastic it falls apart and you loose the chip. (my key has already partially broken).

-dc-
18-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Well I have had mine for 2 weeks and what Marc ordered is exactly the same as what I have.
Im going to be honest and say I can tell they are chinese knock offs.
The quality of the plastic could be a little better. And I have found that one of the screws that holds it together has already broken on me.

yeah I thought they may of been abit like that, I would be worried they would be abit flimsy, my girlfriend has a new Astra with the flip kep and its great quality, just wish we could get something like it or the mazda3 key for the BA.

D Valerius
18-03-2010, 09:50 AM
If thats the case, i may look into reinforcing it with some arildite once i have the internals padded up, battery goes in a few years, smash and buy another.

marcs_sp20
18-03-2010, 11:37 AM
So I went to get the key cut in my lunch break... with no success :( Was mainly due to the fact that I supplied the key as it wasnt bought from the locksmith themselves.

I will be bringing them to the the meet tonight, hoever Phil has advised he will try to get the locksmith out on Saturday for the dyno day.

For the keys to be cut & programmed, BOTH sets of Keys will need to be brought so that the new key is programmed...

Cheers
Marc