PDA

View Full Version : xbox

dfvadr
11-01-2004, 02:28 PM
i now have an xbox fitted in my car an playing dvd's in it sounds so sick better then cinima its awsum an the moniter is good value to picture is clear i have a convertor in there so all runs through the car battery but i have to replace it as it is still the standard one maybe in a month as its 350 dollars

Pernod
12-01-2004, 05:05 AM
This is a challenge that I have been looking at for a while, but have never got far on...

What form of screen are you using and what size inverter is it all running off?

Dogo
12-01-2004, 08:21 AM
i had my old playstation in the car for a while. i havnt put my new xbox in there yet.
Rod, is it permanently fitted or can u remove it for when u want to play in the house ?

one of the problems i found is that the screen is so small ( 7" , not bad for a car screen ) that it can be hard to read some text in the games.

get it chipped and a bigger hard drive and u have urself an instant hard drive mp3 player too :wink:

KittyKatSmack
12-01-2004, 01:22 PM
We have the xbox set to go in Bruce, but we want to get a second one so we don't have to use the one from inside the house all the time.....

Anyone got a spare with a blown power supply they don't want???

:wink:

CityEnd
12-01-2004, 01:59 PM
hey what applications do u use when in the car?

is there a program specifily for the car? as i thought it would be annoying to have an xbox, coz there is no 'continuing from where u left off' feature.

but then again, the reason why i got my xbox was because of that 'ultimate ICE system for the car' thread on this forum.. =)

any of u have the RF controller? is it any good?

KittyKatSmack
12-01-2004, 04:01 PM
modded XBMP/XBMC only using Media functions.

Not worried about starting where left off use 12v CarPC P/S not invertor, feed audio directly in AUX audio input, Use IR remote to control thing.

XBMP/XBMC is dashboard.

CityEnd
12-01-2004, 05:05 PM
yeah but it's not just abt starting where u left off.. u need to set it up every time u start the engine, like go to the play list and stuff.... or do u know a way to automaticly play music/etc when it gets power?

i have a 120gig and only 12gigs left of free space.. =)

my xbox became to valuable to go into the car, had more use at home

dfvadr
12-01-2004, 08:14 PM
my xbox stays in the car we have another one in the house
the main reason for having it in the car is to play movies to show off the moniter in the dash and at shows gives it more interest with a movie going

at the moment i only have it pluged into the invertor then the cig lighter socket an my head unit has all the line ins and outs

the moniter is the 7inck tft that jaycar sell an the invertor is from there as well its about 70 to 100 dollars