PDA

View Full Version : The new GTX owners build

NewGTXowner
28-03-2010, 09:29 AM
As you have seen from my introductory thread, i have already fitted a front mount intercooler and some new wheels to replace the steelies that came with the car. Would have been good if it came with the Simmons. Overall, its been a short time since owning the car but things have gone very quick in the modifications department.

Next modification: Replacing the engine with a 2.3 stroker FE3 equivalent.

I have since found a FE3 engine, but its from a Sportage, all that needs to be done is just fit a 6 bolt crank and some machining and i'll have me a easy 500HP engine. The build will continue shortly.

Clean_Cookie
28-03-2010, 02:41 PM
why so much power. just curiousdoes it come with a stronger g-box or u planning to use the stocker...

NewGTXowner
28-03-2010, 04:06 PM
with a 2.3 stroker, you can make around 400hp with just 8-10psi with obviously supporting mods, as opposed to boosting to 20psi and making only 150hp or abit more with the standard 2litre.

With a 2.2 crank
pistons
rods
machining

the block would be a 2.3 engine. Just has a whole lot more potential.

Clean_Cookie
28-03-2010, 04:31 PM
so it was an easy 500 now 400 with less metal to hold it all together... but goodluck with the box holding together

NaughtyGT
28-03-2010, 04:50 PM
so it was an easy 500 now 400 with less metal to hold it all together... but goodluck with the box holding together

where do you start with this huh? :rolleyes: I am going to humour myself for arguments sake. If you have bought Rogers' car & you are seriously contemplating this rediculous modification. Car is 4WD right. Your wanting to get 4-500 horses pulling it right. Your gearbox will not handle over 350. Even then you will need upgraded internals if you expect it to last more than a month. 4-500hp? Evo box will handle it. If you do not consider this box, there is no use bragging about power ratings. HP/KW figures mean nothing if car will be unreliable. If you get stranded out in the rough with a blown box. Not good. If you were Roger I would not bother with this post. If you have bought the car. Tell me something. What's with the brain cell grating pic posted? :mad:

Clean_Cookie
28-03-2010, 05:33 PM
i dunno why this guy isnt banned for his stupidity. i havent seen yet any inkling of understanding so far... even the most english challeneged members here make 100's of times more sense than you sorry.

70NYD
28-03-2010, 06:25 PM
lol at ur stupidity.. 150hp from 20psi?? LOL ROB803 did 200kw @ 20psi (from memory) ATW in his BG astina running a STOCK GTR (thats a 1.8 if u dont know) setup. hahah u are such a rediculus douch bag

just a question. WHAT GEARBOX ARE YOU PLANING ON USING? the stock gearbox was not designed for anything even close to that.. i know ur full of sh!t to start of with but 500hp (~around 600 at the crank) there is NO way u can use the FS gearbox (Fseries or g series i cant remember but it doesnt matter)
also the mps3 is a 2.3 liter turbo and it doesn make 500hp (makes half that at the crank so around 200 at the wheels).. ding bat

phildough
28-03-2010, 06:44 PM
NewGTXOwner I think it would be best if you moved on to another forum as we don't want to hear your BS ideas, we all already know that its just not plausible to even think of a 400 hp Familia GTX.
There are too many things that will break on the way.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2673/alfzh9.jpg

NewGTXowner
28-03-2010, 07:05 PM
lol at ur stupidity.. 150hp from 20psi?? LOL ROB803 did 200kw @ 20psi (from memory) ATW in his BG astina running a STOCK GTR (thats a 1.8 if u dont know) setup.Your statment will strenghten what i have said.

He has a 1.8 engine boosted to 20psi and only makes 200kws, thats pretty piss weak.

A 2.3 boosted to 10 psi makes around 400hp.

project.r.racing
28-03-2010, 07:30 PM
who makes a 2.3L stroker kit for BP engines? link please?

i know of a 2.1L stroker kit, and that uses 85.5mm bore pistons. how does this company get the extra 200cc?

spenaroo
28-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Your statment will strenghten what i have said.

He has a 1.8 engine boosted to 20psi and only makes 200kws, thats pretty piss weak.

wrong, mps 3 is 2.3l turbo.
i believe that the stock boost pressure is around 15 psi (correct me if wrong) power figures therefore go as

2.3l + 15psi = 200kw or 268hp
1.8l + 20psi = 200kw

1.8 at 20psi making 200kw doesnt look piss weak now does it???
if you are going to continue posting on this forum.

1.) take your hand off it and let the blood flow back to your brain.
2.) do research before posting.
3.) listen to what others say, most of these guys have owned, and had fun in there own gtx/gtr. they have alot of experience and know what there talking about. they also have owned between them almost all of the mazda models, and engines. and for many the only reason they dont own a gtx/gtr is there current Mazda is more practical, reliable, modern and in the case of the mx5 owners fun.
4.) learn some basic specs on the Mazda model range, and realistic figures on tuning. i bet your the kind of person that thinks an pod filter will make an decent increase in power (without cold air intake and an afm)

and please be realistic. u may think that the 2.3l is a better option. but by the time you engineer the engine bay for it (not a simple bolt in/out job as u think, will need all new mounts, bracing etc..) figure out how to wire the damn thing. buy yourself after market computers to run it (i seriously doubt u could use any stock computer, the different systems wont mesh) tune it and get all your engineering done, (and this hasn't even included all the suspension and drive line mods to handle the extra power/torque and weight, let alone tuning it to your desired level) u will have spent more then it would cost you to go buy a wrx and twin turbo it, and have it pushing 600bhp without any problems.

hell the only 400hp 4 cylinder car i know of that runs under 20psi is the latest evo mr.

in my opinion, you are better off building up the 1.8 with stronger internals, than trying to stroke it or replace it with a bigger engine,
it will be cheaper more reliable and if u run higher boost through it will give you more then enough power (u wont be able to handle any more then that anyway, unlees u only want to drag race - in which case buy a v8). if u want your 400hp + car, then stop spending money modding the gtx. open a high intrest savings account, put the money u would spend modding the gtx in it. and keep saving till u have enough for a wrx or evo. at the end of the day, the gtx is just not worth it, and too fragile.

NaughtyGT
28-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Your statment will strenghten what i have said.

you have a 200kw vibrator in your hand right as we speak. Don't you ;)......er.....sorry, a hairdryer I mean :D read & learn about power-to-weight ratio long & hard before getting on any forum :cool:

70NYD
28-03-2010, 09:17 PM
the mps3 is a 2.3L turbo rodger, if you stop selectively readin ul see i mentioned that in the last line...
that 2.3 liter engine only makes 190kw stock.. (at around 15) at the crank so around 200 hp at the wheels..
over this troll as of right now.
on gonna go xhill n play me some assassins creed 2 XD

chicaboo
29-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Don't listen to these jealous haters Roger. They don't understand all that matters is straight line speed. :p
You go squeeze 400~500hp out of the Familia, and show them how good your car is in the first 2 gears. :)

Mad Mat
29-03-2010, 11:35 AM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2673/alfzh9.jpg

phill thats just farkin funny lol :P

michael0008
03-04-2010, 11:58 PM
so are you using a fe3 or bpt
you can make 400 hp+ with the fe3 being strong internals