PDA

View Full Version : Kings Super Low (40mm Drop). Do they fit? 2003 SP20

preeman80
19-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Guys,

I need to know if the Kings Superlow sit tight on the back while the car is fully jacked up off the ground.

I have the Kmac springs and they can be moved by hand while the car is off the ground. It is all good while driving, but it is illegal to have springs which are not captured at all times? :?

Let me know, please?

preeman80
19-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Oh, the reason I ask is that, on this steep drive way I go up, I am in a position where only 3 wheels (2 front, 1 rear driver side) are on the ground with firm contact.

This leaves the passenger side rear wheel, with little or no pressure with the ground. So there is a chance the spring can move, or not sit right (since its not captured fully, shorter than the shock height).

When the car goes up the drive and gets load on all 4 wheels, there is a chance that the spring is not sitting as it should?

Cosmo Dude
19-01-2004, 09:20 PM
What do King Springs say ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????
Contact them and ask if the springs have full spring capture, or have a caviet with your supplier that if they don't then you can return them and not pay

preeman80
19-01-2004, 09:24 PM
sounds like a plan.. thanks Cosmo Dude

pr1mo
19-01-2004, 10:29 PM
i know for a fact that whiteline springs on the BA astina remain captured while jacked. My Kmacs dont

cheers mike

mrpayner
20-01-2004, 11:51 AM
it is illegal to have springs which are not captured at all times? :?

Yes it is illegal if they are not captured.

i know for a fact that whiteline springs on the BA astina remain captured while jacked

That's correct as I have Whiteline coils. Whiteline state on their website that all their coils are manufactured to remain captive on full suspension droop. That's why I went for them over King Springs or KMac's.

AP

dfvadr
20-01-2004, 06:41 PM
from my experience all super lows will be lose with any car fully extended whether by jack or bump, hump , driveway

but if ur springs are only 40mm drop there not super lows mine an most of the guys on here have standard lowering springs witch rang from 40mm to 45mm drop ie up to 2"

super lows are 70mm to 75mm ie 3" drop

so as you can imagine a spring that much shorter then the originals is going to be lose on max extention

an super lows would be wanting to fall out

in the old days we use to put a cable tie through the hole which most keepers have then round the spring so it would not fall out even if the wheel was hanging in the air

SFC01
21-01-2004, 12:26 PM
On that theme are there any legal methods of installing droop limiters on struts? And no innuendo repsonses please. ..|.. :roll:

dfvadr
21-01-2004, 06:21 PM
hey u should be getting the picture by now from these threads
any mod has to be engineered for it to be legal
i no that sucks but that is our governing laws

preeman80
26-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey, I got the Kings fitted at the back, took the Kmac's out.

But damn, the Kings are so much softer, I am scrapping hard everywhere now. I have to get my guards lipped. But everything stays captured on full load.

arden
26-01-2004, 12:34 PM
are you scrapping when ur by yourself???
im scraping too...nothing major..but will be a problem if i have a full load in my car
where u gonna get ur guards lipped???

Cosmo Dude
26-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Wow,
I have the 30mm-35mm Kings all round on my BA and find them quite firm. If I follow up with Konis on the front then I can tighten the shocks and start really bouncing around in the 'stina.

preeman80
26-01-2004, 04:40 PM
I am scrapping by myself, on certain turns/uphill/downhill combination. I have a fair Idea where the car is gonna be tipped enough to have one wheel go under.

At Ozzy, I am gonna go back this week some time, I have to get it done by the head mechanic, cause they don't wanna screw anything over.. the SP20 has thing guard lips.. compared to other cars.

Critter
26-01-2004, 11:17 PM
I've had the guards lipped quite effectively, it does work

ezin
22-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Do uz all have 17's on to make it scrap? mines 10.3 cm of the gound with the stocks on and dosent scrap with 7 in the car! yes i know! After pub mission! And i want to put 17's on! :)

dfvadr
22-02-2004, 08:17 PM
ur 17's will come with a lower tyre profile so it will be the same rolling diametter just becareful with wat offset ur get or it will scrub no matter wat size you have