PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline handling kit

Maz323f
26-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Has anyone fitted one of these to a BA? If so how good are they?

JynX
26-01-2004, 09:33 AM
http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/RH_Astina95a.htm

mrpayner
26-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh.. and that's BigMals car too.. :D

AP

BigMal
27-01-2004, 09:05 PM
How out of date that photo is. Like seeing a picture
of your teens wearing a mullet etc. Wouldn't be caught
dead with a Cyber sticker down the side or spotlights
on the front.

As for the suspension I couldn't have been happier. I got
6 good years of wear and only now are the rear springs
sagging a bit and the shocks wearing out.

Regards

Mal

Maz323f
28-01-2004, 03:00 AM
I am guessing you had everything done then? How much better is the handling?

Rupewrecht
28-01-2004, 11:19 AM
i've got a similar setup to the article i guess - excluding the springs (i've got coilover sleeves instead)

handling is damned great. Will hassle a well-driven series 6 RX7 around serious twisties :D

pr1mo
28-01-2004, 11:27 AM
as you live a long way away from australia it may be a cheaper option to mix and match your strut brace and sway bars possibly from whiteline with other (more expensive gear) such as shocks and springs that are more readily availible in your area. whiteline springs are matched well with koni shocks wheras kmac (an australian spring manufacturer) and KYB shocks work well together.

cheers mike

BigMal
28-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Agreed get the Eibach springs in the UK thats what Mazdaspeed used anyway.
There is an agent for whiteline in the UK so dont import them yourself unless their
markup is too much. I never got the Koni's as my car only had 5k on it when I did
the kit it is only now that the standards are worn out when it was fist done the car
handled like a dream. I have had the lower bushes also replaced with nolathane ones
which tightened up the bottom nicely as well.

Regards

Mal

mazda-mike
10-02-2004, 10:04 AM
i got kyb shocks and roc springs they seem to be good, just need to put my strutbrace on then hopefully swap the sway bar

Oracle_SOD
02-04-2004, 01:08 AM
I have the full whiteline works kit on my car and im totaly wraped with it

iv spent quite a bit of time chatting to the people at whiteline, they dont have a kit for the FWD, but they do have all the pieces seperate to make a kit

i.e.
Caster Kit (anti lift)
Camber bolts
Anti-Sway bars (front and rear)
Springs
Shocks (usualy KYB's)

the kit (minus the front sway bar) is around $1300 for the 4wd and is also similar for the FWD...

Londonese
09-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi, im about to order a set of new shocks for my car, and I've noticed many of you have opted for KYB shocks. I've just had a search in the KYB website (http://www.kybshocks.com.au) and could only find one set for the astina (BA)s, and that was the "Excel-G" gas shocks. The manufacturer description of the Excel-G series say that it's a replacement strut for "comfort and a steady ride", is this set going to help my car's handling in anyway??!! ..

Thank you!

BigMal
14-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Check the whiteline page they should have the part numbers listed on there. Just a note the BA does not require anti-lift bushes and the lower
control are is actually flat so doesn't need it. Ihad the actual bush replaced
with a Nolathane bush which made a good difference and would recomend to all.
Regards

Mal