PDA

View Full Version : Shockies Are Gooonnneee on 'stiny - help

Nate
29-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Ok i have a BG SP on which the front shocks are gone. it has non standard springs which are pretty stiff. Any ideas on a good bang for you bucks pair of shockies (remember that i am a poor Coles worker *stupid coles* so please keep them affordable)

Thanks Nate

mrpayner
30-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Koni Reds?? Not sure how much they cost.. but the last person to ket Koni Yellows [sports] fitted to their car on here was Cosmic Rod.. I believe that they were around $250 a corner.. but the Koni Red's will cost less than that..

KYB also have a gas strut available. Mike [pr1mo] has them in his BA Astina. I haven't been in his car since he had them installed so I can't comment on the ride.

AP

pr1mo
31-01-2004, 03:47 PM
dan can, rod can and ermm noone else can i dont think :I

koni reds arent designed for lowered cars i dont think but i could be wrong

cheers mike

Cosmo Dude
31-01-2004, 05:08 PM
The yellows are the adjustable version and I am very happy with them. I have them turned to the lower setting ATM, I will play with them when I get the fronts in.

** Resolved to keeping the BA for another 9-12 months (roll on the series II Mazda 3) **

mrpayner
31-01-2004, 06:13 PM
KYB have got a new Adjustable Gas shock called the AGX.. for around 1G they're yours..

KYB Shocks Australia (http://www.kybshocks.com.au)

Check em out

AP

Cosmo Dude
31-01-2004, 06:20 PM
1G per corner, per end or full set?

Nate
31-01-2004, 07:05 PM
yeah i saw those in the back of a fast fours. They look very tasty, but im thinking a pair of monroes are looking good as I am extremely poor at the moment :(
If all goes well i will try to have the AGX shocks in by april for the cruz.

I know it will be more expensive to do it this way but i need new shocks now and the $$$ keeps disappearing (damn speeding fine)

mrpayner
01-02-2004, 10:13 AM
1G per corner, per end or full set?

I'm guessing that it's 1G for a full set.. the advertisment in Fast Fours simply says

"Fully adjustable shocks for around $1000!"

It would be a bit rich if they were $1000 EACH!

I checked out the website after I made that post and it would appear that the AGX aren't yet available for the BA Astina.. or BG :(

AP

Nate
01-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Someone needs to tell KYB there are more important cars than the MX5. Oh well if we starting dropping them some hints who knows wot might happen!