PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Club is up

Smikey
01-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi guys and gals, this message is going out to all those people who feel like going out to Wakefield Park (nearest date is the 26/2/04) for many hours and laps with people who appreciate how fast u can drive without the risks of suburban chaos.

Circuit-Club: http://www.circuit-club.com

Eitherway, it's a good chance to find out the limits of your car without as much danger which i assure you help out a lot in real life driving situations.

This is a club that i helped to start up, atm i'm representing astina's but ur presence would be great, since i havent' been able to meet up with y'all :oops: Apparently the editor of high performance magazine will be coming, least thats what i'm told, and there'll be a few video efforts to film the track from car view as well as a general movie about the trackday if u miss out (which will be posted on the site after the event).

If ur worried about the track being difficult and whatnot, dont' be, it's not hard, there's no concrete walls unlike some other tracks which is why Wakefield was chosen. Otherwise play Gran Turismo 3 ;p

Please indicate ur interest here, or register for yet another forum. Keep in mind the track is all ours, so there should be no interruptions from F4 cars and open wheelers etc. just us but a limit of 30 cars.

platypus
01-02-2004, 11:05 AM
yes, i'm v. intterested.....

i'm sure that i can manage a migraine that day!!!

times, costs, and requirements?

wiredone
01-02-2004, 12:44 PM
i;m interested too just need details...

my car should be back on the road by next week so i'm up for anything

Smikey
01-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Good to hear, i'm gonna try to get my suspension done before i go to Wakefield too. These details are straight from the site

Date 26/2/04
Place: Wakefield Park
Time: 9am - 4pm (Track time starts at 9:30 because cars have to be scrutineered, i.e. all unecessary bits and bobs taken out of the car, spare tire, jacks etc..
Cost: $95 per car, Additional driver $40, passenger (who doesn't drive at all $15)
Additional costs for first timers: $40 licence which lasts a year (there will be a few trackdays organised within the year to make this well worth it, also helmets must be worn (better if u can find one yourself, but hire costs $20 dollars, plus a $50 deposit that you get back at the end of the day upon return of the helmet.

I really recommend that u bring a passenger especially if you have a long way to drive, cos last time i went i was so buggered on the drive home, so share the fun ;p 7 hours of driving on the track is enuff already, let alone a few hours back and forward from wherever you live.

So all up for a first timer without a helmet, by the end of the day it'll cost 95+40+20 = 155. Everytime we organise another track day after that it'll cost 115, and if u get a helmet then minus the 20 from that as well, only 95 bucks, including lunch which we provide, a barbeque mmm meat.

platypus
02-02-2004, 08:26 AM
and petrol?? at track speeds my car eats petrol!!!

ABC
02-02-2004, 09:15 AM
Goulburn is only 15 minutes away if you're worried about Petrol James.

Would love to come (had an absolute blast last time) but am going to be overseas at the time.

The track will chew up your left front tyre pretty bad and will probably wear your brakes pretty heavily but there shouldn't be too many fade issues. There's three main braking sections and they are fairly evenly spaced so whilst you're mashing the brake pedal against the firewall, the pads/discs have a bit of time to cool down between braking sections.

I highly recommend taping a digital camera that can take video to the rear view mirror and starting it while you're going around - the video I got was great! but 16MB! Filled the entire memory card at the time. :P

Have a blast all who attend!!! :twisted:

platypus
02-02-2004, 09:33 AM
i know that, i'm just wanting to know if petroleum is available at the track or if you do need to get to golbourn!!!

ABC
02-02-2004, 09:36 AM
oh, sorry. No there isn't any petrol at the track at all. Only a water hose and a tyre pressure guage I think. Oh, and a canteen :D

platypus
02-02-2004, 09:39 AM
sick, i'll just use mars bars then!!!

Smikey
04-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Yeah who needs petrol. Shouldn't b a prob, i went through one tank last track day and as previously stated, not too hard to find either.

Just a reminder for u astina ppl to show ur interest now, cos the verbal and financial (prepay to reserve your spot) are filling up. Recently added to the list of cars is HPI editor's drift spec S13, as well as a Ferrari and an AMG merc of some shape or form. Should be a great day out, there will be a meet probably at Thornleigh Maccas in about a week to financially confirm a few more places.

platypus
04-02-2004, 12:12 AM
hmmmm cash not v. permitting atm....
might skip this one... but would love to go down to see you guys!!!

migraine slowly working up to that thursday

Critter
04-02-2004, 11:22 AM
I would be interested but will actually be in Race Control at Wakefield the previous weekend for the Konica Supercars.

Will prolly nut a few laps playing course car during the weekend. Plus uninstalling all the boot is not where I need to be atm.....

Later on in the year, more interested.

Smikey
21-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Yo! Final call for track day placements. If you're interested in driving down to Wakefiled Park and testing the limits of your Astina or otherwise on the 26th February 2004 (Thursday), contact Narada on 0402425401 .

He's an easy to talk to guy, we even have camera mounts for in car filming and are workin on tach shots for a few clips for the site (the flash intro is being culled soon also).

www.circuit-club.com

jcywong
22-02-2004, 06:01 PM
i rather go on the open days and cost $80 for the day.
btw the license cost only $30 for a year

wiredone
23-02-2004, 10:18 PM
from what i know a cams license is around $40...

i'd love to come...

wieghing up, forgies & rods and rebuilt engine running 20psi

OR

trackday... help me decide