PDA

View Full Version : im new, how do i to take off front bar on bj 1 astina

Riceboy
08-02-2004, 01:36 PM
hi im sorta new, i inherited a 1.6 litre bj1 astina off my brother,atm i only have a knN air filter in the standard air box.i wanted to take off the front bar but not so sure how to... do u have to take off the head lights ??? how many bolts do i have to take off ??? any help would b greatly appreciated. thanks

Brian

platypus
09-02-2004, 08:41 PM
noooo!!!
no headlights off!!!
there isn't too many bolts either...

start at the corners, you may need to turn the wheels for better access..

undo the clips and bolts for the wheel arch, going from the bottom up.... you will notice that the screws come out part way, when they are out a little bit, but a flat head driver in there, and slide them off

underneath that guard at the top is a small screw joining bumper to the front quarter panel.. undo it....

go around the bottom of the bar following the line around... all the rest of the bolts/screws are on the bottom outside the car....

once you have all these off the bumper will be held on by some clips.... these clips are attached at teh top of the grill to the radiator mounting bar... pull on this slowly but firmly... your free, its off

i don't want to tell you how to put it back on... you can work it out yourself.... :p :roll: