PDA

View Full Version : BJ-II odometer

GT323
15-03-2011, 10:03 PM
hey guys i reccently got a mazda 323 and the odometer is going all wierd on me at times, like it kinda just stops showing the readings and stuff like the kms dissapear and the speed drops to 0, if i bought a new odometer would my kms stay the same as they are know, or will they change to the 1 i buy?

marcs_sp20
15-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey mate,

Have you tried seeing if the plug at the back of the cluster is in secure? To get to it, there are 2 screws holding the dash fascia inplace, pull at it to seperate it from the cluster, and then there is I think another 4 screws to remove to take the cluster from the dash.

Unfortunately the odometer holds the KM's, so buying a new one would then mean you'd have different km's showing.

Hope that helps

CHeers
Marc

GT323
15-03-2011, 10:20 PM
yea thats wat i was thinking a loose wire, coz the problem comes and goes

chicaboo
16-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Your gauges are electronic, so the sender at the gearbox might be dodgy if it's just the speedo. But if you are having issues with the tacho and other gauge lighting, it would seem that the issue is in the gauge cluster itself.

If you replace the gauge cluster you will lose your current kms and get whatever comes with the new cluster.

mynameisdaniel
16-03-2011, 02:07 AM
I read somewhere that you can swap out the chip that stores the information. They do it in the US when upgrading their gauges... But it does require a new cluster, and disassembling it...
But give the plugs at the back a check first :)

GT323
18-03-2011, 03:49 PM
yea its all good it was just the plug in the back, my mate just bought a written off mazda 323 sp20 and got it repaired how long does a blueslip take to get done if anyone knows??