PDA

View Full Version : Harry's 02 Protege Shades BJII

Zenki
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi guys,

I ran into the back of someone car the other day, I was behind him and then we turned right at an intersection the guy in front of me got blocked by a long truck right after he turned about 100m, I was then turn follow him around 5m behind him and when I see a long truck ahead I started to signal and proceed to change into the left lane, the guy in front of me also started to overtake the truck into the right lane but when he turned he suddenly stop and one third of his car was in the right lane, he must have realized that his car was too close to the truck and it's impossible for him to overtake so as I was too close to him and the road was slippery so I couldn't stop in time, I actually hit a break pedal hard but my car was just like slide straight into the back of his. My car got ****ed, damage headlights, bumper, bonnet, radiator, radiator support and my gearbox won't go into correct gear anymore, R is now somewhere between R and P, N is now R, and D is now N :( His wasn't that bad, just a few scratches on the back bumper, his bumper didn't even have a crack.

What a bad day! I went to the Police to report the crash and they told me if you hit into the back of someone it's prolly your fault :( my car is not insured and I only have third party. I have a few pics of my car here, could anyone please help me identify more damage and the estimated cost for fixing it! I got this car for only $6000 and honestly I wouldn't want to spent over $3000 to fix it :( If it's too much to be fixed then I just prolly sell it for parts :(

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2383/img0206tv.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/img0206tv.jpg/)

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6613/img0210s.jpg (http://img803.imageshack.us/i/img0210s.jpg/)

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/629/img0211bz.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/i/img0211bz.jpg/)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2145/img0212xv.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/i/img0212xv.jpg/)
[/URL]

project.r.racing
12-02-2012, 08:30 PM
sell it for parts. you have mechanical and cosmetic damage. if your were insured, it would be a right off.

cosmetric damage is always fixed pretty good. but mechanical damage can just keep coming back to haunt you again and again.

take it to the wreckers and see if you can get $1500 for it. ask for $2000, and hopefully they won't knock you down too far.

smurfy
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
i agree with project.r.racing...

i did this..
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc425/smurfy9/SAM_1002.jpg

bonnet
front bar
radiator support
radiator
grille
umm i think that was about it?

both headlights and fogs were fine..

$4500 worth of damage

Cosmo Dude
12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Sorry but it's all over red rover for that one. As Ryan sugested take it to the wreckers and see what they will give you. I think Ryan is being a little optomistic though, Busted BKs go for as little as $4k at the auctions.

TheMAN
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
yup... bonnet, front bar, wings (though they can probably be bent back to shape... damage minor), grilles all around, headlights, radiator, A/C condenser, radiator support, and gearbox shift linkage

the damage is almost as much as you paid for the car mate

let it be a lesson not to follow to closely and/or drive to quickly in the rain... plus a good insurance coverage is a must

phildough
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Unless you can find a donor car really cheap to swap parts off I would call your car a write off.
However if you can find one at a $49 all you can carry day you may be able to fix it a bit cheaper.

Also sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully you can fix it cheaply.
Check the linkage cables from the gearbox and make sure brackets not bent.
That may fix selector issues

mattylagana
12-02-2012, 09:28 PM
on the other hand if all is well machanicaly I think I saw a front radiator support forthis on eBay

Clean_Cookie
12-02-2012, 09:40 PM
not worth fixing. if the chassis is bent at all like mine was in my accident, itll probably leak once fixed like mine does now :( which is really annoying. another one to the scrap heap...

JDM323
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
check with your local wreckers for one with good front bumper, fenders?, bonnet, head lights, grille etc, the radiator support panel, condenser and radiator can be sourced through crash repair suppliers.
it's all possible just a matter of viability, check my build to see what can be done for $5k though(lack of parts at the wreckers at the time)

rodhog
12-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Gone

Is it worth fixing NO - Sad too it was nice original front end looks like it's first and last crash.
Reason the upright linking the radiator support is bent down to it's joint on the chassis rail. These cars are plastic - in fact all the way back to 1985 is when you see the lower chassis support arm crash crumple zone - from then on it's when they started really folding.

Insurance company if it was woth 10K would only panel beat it out because to fix it right would $500 V just $500 for the internal and external panel and rail. no labour cost etc

Yes if it was decent car like SP20 you could repair it with a clean cheaper model if you have the know how and cut re weld in a new peice but it's labour intensive process.

parts alone on that front end are over $3K yes cheaper if you can get all 2nd hand parts

The other problem is All the parts worth good money to a wreaker are finished. If you can get around $1500 in SA I'd take it.
Not sure what prices are going for in SA. but not worth that much in NSW So you should start looking if you can to save your time at prices now -the longer you wiat the worse it is for you. As Alot of FLood Damaged cars from Northen NSW and QLD will make the market. They are all prime cars for wreakers. Freash water damage is nothing. I bought a Mx-5 with such thing and resold it. Insurance companys now stop you doing it and sat write off on all and it's Killed auction prices.

Oh Auto might be slighty out on the selector cable end on gearbox Could be - for two reasons - one the unit has moved due to the massive shunt normally you might find the inhibitor switch plays.
OR because the whole unit -engine box has shifted worse.

I know it's not nice to say but Definalley following TOO CLOSE.
5 meters ? try 10 at least and always keep it even in slow traffic.

I did the same thing when I was in school or skipping it in my Mx6 14 years ago. NRMA never fixed the rail. They bashed it out Pre GST it was still $1700 labour for that on it's own. today you can still see it.
I hit rear bar on Van did all the damage but I did get a brand new intercooler from mazda $1500 worth. I was not watching the road and let the car roll into the one front.

Let it be leason in life. It was for me,
I never drive with School girls in my car without both hands on the wheel.

Zenki
13-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for all your advises, It's really sad to see my first car like this! Lesson well learnt guys!

Any ideas how much the car would worth as parts? One of my mate at work is keen enough to buy it as parts just to help me out but I don't really know what the price is, I don't want to sell it to him more than what it worth, a part from that front the rest is still in pretty good condition, interior, doors, wheels are well kept and maintained, I wash my car inside out twice a week cuz its my first car and it was well loved :(

project.r.racing
13-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Sorry but it's all over red rover for that one. As Ryan sugested take it to the wreckers and see what they will give you. I think Ryan is being a little optomistic though, Busted BKs go for as little as $4k at the auctions.I was just trying to lessen the blow for the poor bugger. To be honest. When the headlights/bonnet, guards stuffed, $500-$750.

JDM323
13-02-2012, 09:47 PM
unsure of what it's worth but why not remove the damaged bolt on parts to see what the front is really like.
to get the radiator support panel replaced is straight forward for a panel-beater if you have already stripped the rest out.

TheMAN
14-02-2012, 12:09 AM
frame is definitely not bent... only extensive damage is the top side of the radiator support.... very little damage below the headlights (where the frame is behind the bar)

chewyryce
14-02-2012, 12:10 AM
you learn from your mistakes. especially in your first car. i remember crashing my first car that i caused... 8 years later not a single accident caused by myself only because i am more aware and cautious to how i drive near others. and yes you are at fault for being too close

as long as everyone is alright its time to move on to a new car.

rodhog
14-02-2012, 01:13 AM
frame is definitely not bent... only extensive damage is the top side of the radiator support.... very little damage below the headlights (where the frame is behind the bar)

The lower attchment bar and rail legs will be damaged.
US cars don't meet ADR rules - US cars have different desgin rules.
I've seen that front end hit it's always written off - it's always damaged under neither.
You might know a Fair bit about cars but understand Here In Australia cars have to meet ADR's Australian desgin rules which require minor changes or equivlants like meeting European - or German/French standards.
This makes them in many strutual areas different.

In the past I use to buy parts from the US and Japan. Where US cars had same guage metal in use - you can't use your 80's bumper off a Rx7 because have silly Shocks put in for pedestrians. Not fitted in Australia and mountings are different. Same goes How Japanese Doors are made of lighter material and untill 1993 didn't have side intrusion bar fitted like we had from 1983.

what you might call the frame - depending on state here in Aus - gets called Dog leg - Mid -leg or front rail.
It's a very common damage here in Aus most is hidden by what you call BONDO - we call filler and silastic and painted black and many cars are driven with damge to that area. Many cars sold as well with that damge. because you have to know what to look for easy to claim car has not been in a accident.
I know this because it's What did alot of.

TheMAN
14-02-2012, 10:34 AM
the radiator support is NOT just the top bent part, it is the entire piece of sheet metal behind the front bar and headlights
http://cdn1.autopartsnetwork.com/images/catalog/brand/apn-auto-body-parts/640/sherm343349-0.jpg

the radiator support is the same no matter the market, only the front bars are different... due to cost cutting, there are no longer as much body parts differences between markets unlike those old mazdas you mentioned... only front and rear bars are different, and portions of the rear frame (near the wheels)... doors are the same everywhere... the mazda parts catalogues proves this

as I already stated the obvious, only the top part is bent... nothing really at the lower half of the radiator support is bent, nor is the frame crushed (frame is behind where you see the 4 holes on each side in the pic... behind the front bar, below the headlights)

most of the radiator support will have to be replaced because of the extensive damage... it is welded on and the welds have to be drilled out to remove the damaged parts (I'm sure you already knew this)

I don't think cars with US bumpers won't pass ADR.... US bumpers are designed more stringently than elsewhere because of the requirement of 8km/h protection (hence why they are more bulky and weigh more)... but because attachment points are the same and crumple zones still work the same, it is unlikely it will fail ADR or ECE tests, even though they do not have the 8km/h requirements

I have heard of some cars sold in europe (intended for europe) with the same bumpers as the US, so because Japan and Australia also allow ECE standards, it is improbable other cars with US bumpers can't be allowed in Australia

JDM323
14-02-2012, 06:37 PM
the radiator support is NOT just the top bent part, it is the entire piece of sheet metal behind the front bar and headlights
http://cdn1.autopartsnetwork.com/images/catalog/brand/apn-auto-body-parts/640/sherm343349-0.jpg

the radiator support is the same no matter the market, only the front bars are different... due to cost cutting, there are no longer as much body parts differences between markets unlike those old mazdas you mentioned... only front and rear bars are different, and portions of the rear frame (near the wheels)... doors are the same everywhere... the mazda parts catalogues proves this

as I already stated the obvious, only the top part is bent... nothing really at the lower half of the radiator support is bent, nor is the frame crushed (frame is behind where you see the 4 holes on each side in the pic... behind the front bar, below the headlights)

most of the radiator support will have to be replaced because of the extensive damage... it is welded on and the welds have to be drilled out to remove the damaged parts (I'm sure you already knew this)

I don't think cars with US bumpers won't pass ADR.... US bumpers are designed more stringently than elsewhere because of the requirement of 8km/h protection (hence why they are more bulky and weigh more)... but because attachment points are the same and crumple zones still work the same, it is unlikely it will fail ADR or ECE tests, even though they do not have the 8km/h requirements

I have heard of some cars sold in europe (intended for europe) with the same bumpers as the US, so because Japan and Australia also allow ECE standards, it is improbable other cars with US bumpers can't be allowed in Australia

very true have done the radiator support on mine and it wasn't that expensive to do on it's own.

marcs_sp20
14-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I reckon you could probably pick up all the parts needed for around $2000 from wreckers & on here, and just DIY it ;)

rodhog
15-02-2012, 01:38 AM
yes whole support is stuffed, but that whack has been enough to have damaged the legs of where it's main attachment is on the car.

That's my whole point it's stuffed. ON the Yellow car it's not - it has not been hit as far. But silver one is done for. I know it's only 3 hours of minor straightening out metal - tack on the radaitor support but I know for a fact I would not do it as a Panel beater in my town. No insurance company will pay for it. Where the owner lives it's not too bad. It's not $50 and hour for merchanics labour yet or 40 for basic panel beaters. But the cost win is not in place.

I'm not saying it's can't be fixed to make it look right.
It could be done on the cheap, it will never line up perfectly - and it might not totally be structurally safe in another crash.
People are saying - X amount of Dollars with out knowning for sure.
$2000 would not cover a panel beater in most major cities - if they do real good JOB.

Fact is and real answer has been said it's finished car. No one is going to spend over $4000 on a car woth $1500 X -rego.
I'm sorry to the owner to say this but

it's a 1.6L car over ten years old. it's time for the bin.
**** wouldn't even repair a Sp20 with that damage.
I'm not saying you can't.
I repaired a $700 626 wagon with panel work and spray job costing over $9K all up. But I'm a dedicated Nut.

What to do is Cut your losses. And sell the car.

I'm sound like a Prick but.
I'm calling it out how I see it. Why because I worked for 3 years in Panel shop - mainly on Quoting. When studying engineering
I also worked in Car yard selling and buying cars. It don't take long to see after time where and what will be repaired.

I'm not saying it's wrong for a Yank to comment but - You may not realsie here in Australia - our laws and systems are different. I can't even keep up with the changes all the time. But I've seen a **** load heard **** load of people for O/S thinking - oh it only cost this and that to fix. People Read it on the internet, Think oh it's this that Go to panel shop and then get quotes here there and also get ripped off by very shoddy unsafe work.
One thing to understand is Here in Australia Our Labour costs are massive and vary state to state. I know of merchanics for prestige cars charging $100 and that include if they only work on BMW 1 series
Oh And it's not like they are in the Hi society part of town.

Then you add in National issues. Like how our Laws allow car companys NOT to provide spares for cars over 7 years old.
That's right - 1st gen M6 you can't get all the parts for it new from Mazda. They won't provide it. Toyota do. Nissan some - local yes

But car repairs have gone down hill because it was decided they wanted people driving newer cars and less old cars on the road.

The Door models might be the same now but haven't always been.
I was only using that as an example. Some models that are known to be different. because of manufacture (Eg Flat rock). But also where delivered to.

Our system is not what you think. I give you one last example to think about.
A ZR1 is under 100K US dolllar- Our dollar now buys yours at 107 today. But a fully converted RHD here ZR-1 costs over $300,000 Aus Dollars and it's not shipping or convertion costs totally it's alot to do with Making it legal. Make it ADR friendly. Even when those whoe do the converison who said make this safe for pedestrians or crash test this. They still make it fit every other item. If not mistaken California has 95db sound rule or law. hmmm it's one of the tightest in the US. Well try NSW 90db. only pre 1986 cars can be 96db.
Just to get that past is alot of testing.
Nothing is easily to get done in Australia or cheap.
Ask any owner here who has had to get cars cleared through inspections. Even when only one state demands yearly inspections.

Zenki
29-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Hi guys,

Finally got it fixed for $2800, wasn't too expensive so decided to get it fixed instead of selling it for parts, I still love it anyway so spent a month working hard for this baby, now it shines again...still missing a logo on the grille :P

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1845/mazda323pro1.png (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/mazda323pro1.png/)

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8966/mazda323pro2.png (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/mazda323pro2.png/)

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7066/mazda323pro3.png (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/mazda323pro3.png/)

TheMAN
29-03-2012, 04:48 AM
looks good!
prefer chrome headlights over the black ones?

that wind deflector under the bumper isn't supposed to be painted btw... looks funny when it's painted... common body shop mistake ;)

JDM323
29-03-2012, 06:47 AM
looking good, there's a certain pride that comes with sticking it out and returning your car to it's former glory, well done.:cool:

xeon8
29-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Number plate is still bent... ;)

Just kidding, looks sweet now! I'm glad you got it fixed!

Well done :D

Zenki
29-03-2012, 09:47 AM
looks good!

that wind deflector under the bumper isn't supposed to be painted btw... looks funny when it's painted... common body shop mistake ;)
LOL, looks funny to me too but i don't care anyway :P

Still prefer black-out headlights but haven't got time to do it though.

looking good, there's a certain pride that comes with sticking it out and returning your car to it's former glory, well done.:cool:

Absolutely right ;)

Number plate is still bent... ;)

Just kidding, looks sweet now! I'm glad you got it fixed!

Well done :D

Planning to get a new personal no plate soon :P Still saving the money Nick ;)

Buzz_LightYear
29-03-2012, 10:06 AM
looks good!

nothing some masking tape and carefully applied black spray paint cant fix

good to see your back into it

Ben
29-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Yay, looking good! So nice and shiny and new!

When your blacking you headlights black the wind deflector. Sticks out like dogs balls.

Rupewrecht
29-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Or just upgrade to some 1500RS headlights.

Looks much better now! :)

chicaboo
29-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Dam, that's a good fix! :D Please don't paint your foglight blanks silver again! :(

project.r.racing
29-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Good to see you on the road again. And at a price much lowered than thought.

xeon8
29-03-2012, 10:57 AM
$2800 is a pretty bloody good price to get all of that fixed! When I got rear ended last year, my rear bumper got dented in quite a bit, as well as some major denting on the boot. I got quoted $4000 to get the bumper and the boot replaced, although insurance payed it for me!

TheMAN
29-03-2012, 05:54 PM
nothing some masking tape and carefully applied black spray paint cant fix

good to see your back into it

the thing is, he got brand new headlights... he could've requested the black headlights be ordered instead because the price is basically the same for them

Zenki
27-04-2012, 10:57 PM
So today I went to Nick's place to get the HIDs installed

Took us some times to find a good spot to mount the ballasts

Driver side (Near power steering tank)

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9011/dsc4783x.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/dsc4783x.jpg/)

Passenger side (Under the headlight)

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5016/dsc4781k.jpg

One of the screw to hold the clip behind the globes went missing under the lens housing when we putting the HID bulb in and we couldn't get it out so we decided to take off the bumper and headlights (THAT DAMN SCEW)

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4325/dsc4786i.jpg (http://img833.imageshack.us/i/dsc4786i.jpg/)

Bumper off

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9562/dsc4787j.jpg (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/dsc4787j.jpg/)

HID Bulbs in

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9756/dsc4789h.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/dsc4789h.jpg/)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4483/dsc4790k.jpg (http://img513.imageshack.us/i/dsc4790k.jpg/)

Headlights are back in

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4845/dsc4792m.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/dsc4792m.jpg/)

First attempt didn't work, we were freaking out so went back to check the manual instruction again, then realized that one of the wiring was wrong, fixed it and finally it worked!

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/617/dsc4794n.jpg (http://img832.imageshack.us/i/dsc4794n.jpg/)

Gotta love the look of it

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2636/dsc4799e.jpg (http://img849.imageshack.us/i/dsc4799e.jpg/)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7073/dsc4801j.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/i/dsc4801j.jpg/)

Thanks again Nick for your help! You're a LEGEND ;)

Zenki
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
New wheels and tyres in today

16x7.0 Speedy Wheels & Kumho KH17 tyres

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2139/54026844347396901212610.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8400/dsc4810copy.jpg

Clean_Cookie
03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
coilovers are next aren't they ;)

Zenki
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
coilovers are next aren't they ;)
You're a mind-reader :D

xeon8
03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Swing past my place IMMEDIATELY!! :D I want to see! ;)

They look amazing! So much better than the hubcaps hehe

Zenki
03-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Swing past my place IMMEDIATELY!! :D I want to see! ;)

They look amazing! So much better than the hubcaps hehe
Haha, they do look way better than the hubcaps hey? :D I reckon it will look even more better with those TEIN's installed :P Every time I get out of the car, I have to spend a few seconds just to look at the wheels, haha, I'm a weirdo :D

I will definitely swing by some times to get the engine bay cleaned up a little bit and get the door chime removed :P

xeon8
03-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Haha, they do look way better than the hubcaps hey? :D I reckon it will look even more better with those TEIN's installed :P Every time I get out of the car, I have to spend a few seconds just to look at the wheels, haha, I'm a weirdo :D

I will definitely swing by some times to get the engine bay cleaned up a little bit and get the door chime removed :P

Good choice on the tires too ;)

Don't worry! Your no weirdo haha, its better to look at your new wheels rather than getting out of the car and having a look at those 14" hubbies! ahaha.

With the TEIN's, they should provide a nice drop and not make the car look like its in 4x4 mode anymore :p

Any more modification plans after that? Or are you taking a break to recuperate your money? :p

Zenki
03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Good choice on the tires too ;)

Don't worry! Your no weirdo haha, its better to look at your new wheels rather than getting out of the car and having a look at those 14" hubbies! ahaha.

With the TEIN's, they should provide a nice drop and not make the car look like its in 4x4 mode anymore :p

Any more modification plans after that? Or are you taking a break to recuperate your money? :p
Muffler/Springs/Mesh Grille.....In a very far future :D Haha

TheMAN
03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
I hope you don't get stopped by a copper
HIDs in those H4 BJ headlights is a BAD idea... crazy glare... I've seen it all here!

and that ballast running under your A/C pipe in the passenger side... you need to put a piece of padding between the pipe and the ballast, it's going to rub through the pipe and make all that gas leak out! that aluminium pipe is SOFT... I know this because my alarm siren used to be there... it started rubbing a notch on it, so I moved it

oh and why are your parkers not working?

Zenki
03-05-2012, 11:40 PM
I hope you don't get stopped by a copper
HIDs in those H4 BJ headlights is a BAD idea... crazy glare... I've seen it all here!

and that ballast running under your A/C pipe in the passenger side... you need to put a piece of padding between the pipe and the ballast, it's going to rub through the pipe and make all that gas leak out! that aluminium pipe is SOFT... I know this because my alarm siren used to be there... it started rubbing a notch on it, so I moved it

oh and why are your parkers not working?
Thanks for the heads up! I know H4 HID is not very ideal but I've seen a lot of cars with them on here, I also adjusted them a little bit so they are not pointing straight into other's faces, I've been driving around and notice a few cops behind and in front of me but I think as long as they don't get blinded in the face they will just leave you alone!!! finger crossed

I have already put some padding under the pipe just incase they rub and crack, it wasn't on the picture because I took it right after the fitting :D

Parker bulbs are blinded, may get some T10 LEDs for that later on :D

Clean_Cookie
04-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Just don't drive up here and I'm happy.

marcs_sp20
04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Just don't drive up here and I'm happy.

Um, have you not noticed mine? Better stay away from me then ;)

phildough
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Um, have you not noticed mine? Better stay away from me then ;)

Your car is running a projector style setup isn't it?

TheMAN
04-05-2012, 01:27 PM
the H7 retrofits tend to be better because the H7 reflector is designed for low beam only... the H4 reflector is for both high and low beams, that's why the crazy glare because the HID bulbs have completely mismatching geometrics! The glare problem is especially noticeable when you put bulbs into headlights designed for high and low beams with a single bulb!

xeon8
07-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Parker bulbs are blinded, may get some T10 LEDs for that later on :D

I have some bulbs here if you need them :)

Zenki
27-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Time for cleaning up a little bit and make black things even blackerrrr :D

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/999/img0300unp.jpg

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/443/img0301w.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3969/img0302sp.jpg

xeon8
27-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Blaaaaaaacck!

When I finish exams next week I'll PM you and I can help you out if you still need/want to paint various parts of the car (door pillars etc.)

Zenki
27-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Blaaaaaaacck!

When I finish exams next week I'll PM you and I can help you out if you still need/want to paint various parts of the car (door pillars etc.)
Absolutely Nick! I would love to finish painting all of that parts! Let me know when you finish exam and we will catch up!

Zenki
13-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Went out for the shoot today! Turned out pretty good :D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7238/7180202289_cec0c7e857_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7180202289/)
DSC_4888 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7180202289/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7090/7365426678_a555205410_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7365426678/)
DSC_4891 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7365426678/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5453/7365424234_bc487bcd00_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7365424234/)
DSC_4892 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7365424234/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7232/7365421188_61853c533d_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7365421188/)
DSC_4895 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/7365421188/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

xeon8
13-06-2012, 01:07 AM
I spot my car in the background ;)

maz sp20
13-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Time for cleaning up a little bit and make black things even blackerrrr :D

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/999/img0300unp.jpg

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/443/img0301w.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3969/img0302sp.jpg

Did forever black work good for you?

derb
13-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Looking great mate, very clean. Needs some more low, but I'm assuming you're heading that way.

Zenki
13-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Did forever black work good for you?
The result turned out alright mate, not as good as I expected but apply 3-4 layers then it should be alright ;)

Looking great mate, very clean. Needs some more low, but I'm assuming you're heading that way.
I am thinking about getting a manual car (maybe an SP20) and start all over again so I think it's pretty much it for this one really :D But who knows :P

Zenki
23-09-2012, 12:05 AM
LOWERED :P

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8239/loweredx.jpg

Next things on the list should be rear sway bar and front strut bar :P

Handling FTW :D

xeon8
23-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Not so 4x4'ish anymore ;) Looking great! Have any problems with scraping?

Ben
23-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Yay low! What springs did you go with?

Zenki
23-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Not so 4x4'ish anymore ;) Looking great! Have any problems with scraping?

Nothing's scraping atm which is good, I wouldn't worry though because it's not that low :P I still want a bit more low or maybe thicker tyres to fill up the gap

Yay low! What springs did you go with?

I got the Espelir ones from Dan - http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=303678&postcount=1352

Zenki
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Up with some photos I took yesterday :P

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8202/8242040957_2c74f37a7c_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8242040957/)
4O9A0513 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8242040957/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8062/8243108512_921e466e5d_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8243108512/)
4O9A0511 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8243108512/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8200/8243108296_4013a597c1_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8243108296/)
4O9A0505 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8243108296/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8063/8243108064_b4d3f2426f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8243108064/)
4O9A0504 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8243108064/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8242040099_5098480282_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8242040099/)
4O9A0501 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrytran88/8242040099/) by Harry Tran (http://www.flickr.com/people/harrytran88/), on Flickr

xeon8
04-12-2012, 11:13 AM
:eek: Where is that? Looks amazing!!

bjk
04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
^ I concur. First shot is pure sweetness.

Also, I'm disappointed to notice that you get the metal side view mirror covers when I don't... But you have the plastic door handles...? WTF MAZDA.

marcs_sp20
04-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Yay, good to see the rear visors on! :D

Awesome pics as always ;)