PDA

View Full Version : BG Power Window Not working

Laser the Amazer
02-03-2004, 10:17 PM
hey guys

1 of my back power windows isn't working.

the previous owner has told me that it sometimes works.

the switch for it on the drivers door and the back door both do nothing

what could it be?

Thanks in Advance

Rob

Dogo
03-03-2004, 07:52 AM
it could be something simple like the wire plug in the door has come loose. or it could be that water has got inside the mechanism or control box.

in my gf's silvia water got inside an electric windows control box in the drivers door and that stopped it from working.

i would firstly remove the trim from the door that isnt working and check the plug to see if electricity is actually getting to the door and if so, check to see if the switch is passing current to the window motor

i'm putting money on there being a problem with the switch in the back door. hopefully just the plug is loose :)

Nate
03-03-2004, 08:03 AM
1 of my back power windows isn't working.

the previous owner has told me that it sometimes works.

This was actually a feature mazda built into every SP ( LOL ). My front window on the passenger side does the same thing and I found the problem is the switch which mazda want $101 for :(

Anyway good luck

Nate

Cosmo Dude
03-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Once you've resolved yourself to spending $101ish on a new switch you can take apart the old one and may be able to clean the contacts and get a few more years out of it.
A notepad and pen would be very handy for this. A digital camera even better but drawings would suffice. You'll end up with a compleate how to on dismantling a switch but could save you some $$$

(Toothpaste on a cotton bud is good for cleaning the contacts) :shock:

Dogo
03-03-2004, 09:29 AM
also, if the switch has a circuit board , and thats stuffed, it would be a lot quicker & cheaper to just re-build the board and put the new one in place. They're usually very simple boards.

u can get small PCBs and components at dick smith/jaycar etc and build a copy of the board from scratch. or take it to a tv repair store or similar electronics place and ask if they can do it for u.

this is how im fixing the silvia's window :wink:

Cosmo Dude
03-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks Rob, you got me off my bum and I've taken apart the switches on the Cosmo, quick and easily done. Boy were they black inside, now the windows go up and down more smoothly and the passengers window doesn't want to stop half way. Hurray :D

Nate
03-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Once you've resolved yourself to spending $101ish on a new switch you can take apart the old one and may be able to clean the contacts and get a few more years out of it.
A notepad and pen would be very handy for this. A digital camera even better but drawings would suffice. You'll end up with a compleate how to on dismantling a switch but could save you some $$$

Done and no go. switch isnt happy but i bypass it, it works fine, so it the switch

*slaps window*

Laser the Amazer
04-03-2004, 09:20 PM
thanks for the replys guys

If I have time on the weekend I'll check it out

my old man is an electrictian by trade so circuit boards etc is 2nd nature to him

I'll let you guys know how I go

Rob

Laser the Amazer
14-03-2004, 02:51 PM
got the switch apart

trying to get everything back in..what a pain in the bottom lol

any tips/ideas on how to do this??

Rob