PDA

View Full Version : WTB BG electric mirrors

Nate
06-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Help, both of mirrors wobble all over the place (due to bracket behind the mirror being broken) so if anyone knows where i can get the bracket, or even the whole mirror if its cheap enough please let me know cause i cant see behind me!!!

cheers,
Nate

Cosmo Dude
06-03-2004, 03:41 PM
If it's anything like the BA then the news is bad, Mazda sells them compleate and they're over $350 each. The wreckers probably know this and will only charge about $250 and they'll be as old as the ones on your car.
I know the BA mirrors pop out giving access to try fixing them. If all else fails jam a piece of foam rubber behind them to reduce the wobbling.

Laser the Amazer
06-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Help, both of mirrors wobble all over the place (due to bracket behind the mirror being broken) so if anyone knows where i can get the bracket, or even the whole mirror if its cheap enough please let me know cause i cant see behind me!!!

My drivers 1 is starting to do it abit and this isn't what I wanted to hear :cry:

Rob

Cosmo Dude
06-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Back to the BA, I know you've got BGs but they may be similar.

Their is a screw in the center of the motor unit that adjusts the tension on the mechanism. It could be just the ticket.

Nate
06-03-2004, 05:54 PM
ill have a look

DunkyMonkey
07-03-2004, 07:50 AM
my drivers side mirror doesn't wobble any more nate, but i don't know how different our mirrors are mine just need a screw tightened, cheap and easy

Laser the Amazer
10-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Mine is now fixed

old man checked it out for me the other day and found the bracket that holds the mirror was broken...re glued it and packed a bit of foam in and its as good as new

feel so much better after seeing the prices quoted for a new 1 lol

Rob