PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Drive

twilightprotege
10-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Well since the other thread has died, i thought i'd start up another thread to see if we can get more interest

anyway, we're thinking of a morning drive from the gap out to esk via mt nebo and mt glorious.

nate and snert know it's a great drive (heaps of fun) and i reckon it's probably one of the best mountain drives very close to brisbane.

so since this saturday or sunday morning isnt creating much interest, how about we put it back to next weekend?

MEET - MARCH 20 (SATURDAY) 7AM @ BP SERVICE STATION THE GAP

so just post your interest here and hopefully nate wont get bitten by a scopion again ;) LOL

CRA23
10-03-2004, 12:02 PM
what time do u think u will be gettin back? cos if i come i have to be at work on the gold coast at 4:30

and it would be awesome if it was on a sunday, but its not a major issue

thx

twilightprotege
10-03-2004, 12:05 PM
well i'm happy either on saturday or sunday.

but the cruise will be finished by lunch. it'll take about 1.5hrs out to esk, about the same to get back.

and you wont be dissapointed. it's a fantastic road!!!

Nate
12-03-2004, 04:30 PM
hmm I can only make it saturday unless its a night crooz (stupid work :( )

so just post your interest here and hopefully nate wont get bitten by a scopion again LOL

:mrgreen: ..|..

Snert
12-03-2004, 07:17 PM
I am out for saturday during the day also cause of the workin factor

twilightprotege
13-03-2004, 06:32 AM
well do we all want to change this to sunday 21st in the morning???

Nate
13-03-2004, 09:45 AM
How early in the morning??? Nate might twist the boss's arm a bit!!!

twilightprotege
13-03-2004, 02:50 PM
anytime is good with me. i'm usually awake at 6am anyway

supergirl
16-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey guys sorry I would be keen - my last cruise up mt nebo about 2 weeks ago at night ended up in fog, we couldn't see a thing and driving through it wasn't the best fun!! Other than that its a hella good drive on those mountains - but i have to work, it's OT otherwise I'd skip and come along but i need the money for my upcoming mods (secret squirrels but soon to be hatched - maybe in time for BAS fingers crossed) ... have fun!

Snert
16-03-2004, 09:49 PM
OK Then we need to plan ahead a bit then

are we still in for the gold coast for the 3rd/4th of april mega cruise

or is their an alt time/cruise we could sort out for brisbane/queensland

:roll:

twilightprotege
17-03-2004, 07:33 AM
yeah i'm starting to think us poor queenslanders need to wait until the GC cruise in early april because we cant gather any more interest than 3 ppl

anyway, the GC drive...we'll go up through the hinterlands :D :D :D

Nate
19-03-2004, 12:37 PM
we'll go up through the hinterlands

Now there is a good drive :D :D :D :D :D

Riceboy
21-03-2004, 12:16 PM
id b interested ... but im a preetty stocko astina :( and idont know you guys ...

Nate
21-03-2004, 07:20 PM
id b interested ... but im a preetty stocko astina and idont know you guys ...

Nothing wrong with stocko ..... and i didnt know anyone until two weeks ago and now i know three ppl - twilight, snert and the scorpion!!!

twilightprotege
22-03-2004, 07:11 AM
the scorpion is your friend ;)

platypus
22-03-2004, 10:02 AM
paul frank is your friend.... smp is not your friend!

hopefully i'll be up there soon... or new caledonia

Riceboy
23-03-2004, 04:58 PM
so is there gonna b any qld cruises netime ??

twilightprotege
24-03-2004, 07:17 AM
i'm in for pretty much any cruise, but they always seam to fizzle out at the last minute :(

Ronin
26-03-2004, 12:20 AM
hey ill be in for the mega cruze if i get my car back in time, but ill probably be laughed at cause it looks dunger (as in its on the undercoat) but goes like the clappers, so im debating whether or not i join the cruze any suggestions? (and dont be smartasses and tell me 2 but a mazda) :lol:

Nate
26-03-2004, 12:30 AM
you can but a mazda all you want ronin!! at this stage it just looks like the usual suspects are driving down to the coast. I was going to go to coffs but I dont think i can afford the fuel (or be bothered!! - sorry kitty) :'( . If the gemmy is on the road by then bring it by all means. It will probably look better than the celica anyway after it munched the armco!! LOL just kidding mate :mrgreen: ..|..

Ronin
26-03-2004, 09:57 AM
hey that got munched nicely, completey flattened a section of armco, but should i take it down looking like s%#@ or leave it at home??? give me ideas pplz